“Perfectly prepared and served” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfectly prepared and served”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We should have known…we just ordered too much. The signature Mexican style deep fried green beans (really tempura style) were too much for two and would have been too few for 4…but delicious. The shrimp appetizer turned out to be too large as a main course for one of us (but just delicious) while the special duck confit cassoulet was PERFECT for an autumnal wine country evening. Zin has a really nice wine list by the glass featuring many small local wineries, so we have plenty of choice to accompany our widely varied menu choices.

Visited November 2013
Scott S, Owner at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Ordering too much, that doesn't sound like such a bad problem! You both were able to try a variety of our menu items. I'll make sure our kitchen staff knows how much you enjoyed the green beans, shrimp and duck confit. When's the next time you think you'll be on our side of the country? Soon we hope! Thanks for this review, I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

Cheers,

Alexander Valley
“Great Hanger Steak Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have been there a number of times but not too recently. The night before last with visiting out of town guests my wife and I had the Hanger Steak prepared with an exceptional very dark chili sauce and served with Rancho Gordo beans and a chili rilleno. Probably more Southwest than Mexican, but an inventive and delicious preparation of the steak, which was perfectly cooked, and nicely supported by worthy accompaniments. Would have been better matched with one of their zins than the pinot we had brought, but a memorable meal nonetheless. Also very good service added to the enjoyment.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the 5-star review. Even though it's been a while, it's clear that our Hanger Steak was a memorable dish. When I share this review with our kitchen staff, they'll be so happy to know how perfect your steak was. Sounds like that, coupled with the service made for a fabulous experience.

Don't be a stranger! We'd love to see you back in here again soon.

Thanks again,
Ithaca NY
“Super service...great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant! We were a good sized group and had a wonderful server, Karen.
By all means start with the tempura green beans with mango salsa. Portion was huge and they were fabulous.
I had the pork chop (biggest chop i have ever seen) with corn bread and sausage stuffing, Friends had the posole, the hangar steak and fish special.
Restaurant has made food issues very easy to deal with such as gluten free.
Easy parking. Everything was just great.

Visited November 2013
Sounds like we really took care of your group! Thank you for choosing to have dinner with us. From the green beans to the pork chop, you've made some wonderful recommendations, and I'm sure anyone who reads this will appreciate them as much as we do. I'll be sure to let Karen know how positive of an effect she had on your time with us. She'll be so encouraged!

The next time you're in the area, I hope you'll think of us!

Cheers,
New Jersey
“Another great meal at Zin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Second time in two years and another great meal. Homecooked taste with top ingredients. You can tell they make the effort to get things done right. Bacon and mushroom pasta was amazing. 3 of the 4 of us had the dish and we loved it. The best appetizer is the beer battered string beans. We have replicated them at home and they are so good. I had the brownie sundae and my only complaint is that they have tons of nuts in them but the menu did not say anything about this! I hate nuts in my food so this was a bummer! We closed the place at 10:45 so it is not a late night place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I'm glad to hear you had another great visit with us, NewJerseylovedGreece! Sounds like the pasta was a hit. I'll be sure to pass your review onto our kitchen staff and let them know how much you enjoyed our dishes.

I appreciate you pointing out the fact that there are nuts on our brownie sundae and apologize that we didn't make that clear on the menu. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

When will you be back in Healdsburg? Soon we hope!

Thanks for this review,
Pasadena, CA
“Quiet, tasty corner of Healdsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I went for our anniversary in mid-October. The place was small, and the waitstaff was very friendly. The food was simply outstanding. We arrived on a Tuesday evening at 5:30, and we were not the first patrons. By the time we left at 7:30 the place was packed. We will definitely be returning as we vacation in Sonoma County quite often.

Visited October 2013
We're looking forward to seeing you on your next vacation in Sonoma County. Sounds like we made a pretty big impression on you and your wife during your visit. Glad your experience with us was a memorable one from the service to your dishes. What did you have to eat? I'd love to share your thoughts on your meal with our kitchen staff.

Thanks for spending your anniversary with us!

See you soon,