“Disappointing...” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Californian
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Service was excellent. Atmosphere was relaxed. Food. There was just something off. Too much sauce on the chicken liver appetizer. The duck was over sauced as well and almost tasted the same as the chicken liver appetizer sauce. My salmon was cooked well but almost cold. After a week in Healdsburg, it was at the bottom of our list. I think the management needs to investigate what is going on in the kitchen. They need to pull their socks up !

Visited June 2011

Los Angeles
“Perfect (Valentine's) Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I must say Valentine's dinners are most always over rated and sort of contrived. So when I was deciding on a dinner place to celebrate Valentine's day with my husband, I wanted to find a simple unpretentious place that serves good food. I found "the perfect place" in Bistro Ralph (Plaza Street, Healdsburg). Simple yet sophisticated, it captured the bistro feel to a "T". I love the interiors, from the tin ceiling, to the paintings on the wall and the whitewashed brick wall. It's a small place, the menu tight but every single thing we ordered was excellent.

My husband and I decided to show up 30 min earlier for our dinner reservations and planned to have some cocktails at the bar having heard of their famous martinis. It certainly did not disappoint. They are as good if not better from what I've been reading about past reviews . It is literally to die for!

For dinner we had their vegetarian selections, from their appetizers and sides menu. I had the arugula w/ goat cheese and my husband had the pea shoots with artichoke. Both were excellent. The sides we ordered were Macaroni and manchego cheese and Brussels Sprouts~ with apple syrup glaze. Again just prepared expertly. They had a pretty good standard wine selections, offering by the glass portions as well.

I would go back to this place in a heartbeat.
Btw, I have to make a special mention of Allan who took good care of us, very attentive but not overbearing or obtrusive. I asked for suggestions on the wine selection and dessert, and his recommendations were spot on! Please DO make it a point to try this place out when you are in Healdsburg.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good dinner in a bistro type atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

On our recent visit to Healdsburg our group of ten dined at Bistro Ralph. The restaurant is somewhat small but they did a fantastic job of accommodating us. I like the elegant yet casual atmosphere. One note is they do have martini's but other than that hard liquor is not available. Nice wine list though. The food was excellent with everything tasting very fresh. I ordered the halibut which was flaky and cooked perfectly. Try the frites as well.

• Visited October 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
AZ
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We ate here for lunch & our meals were very good. I must say the bus boy & the waiter were one of the most friendly and professional people I have ever met. They both were very attentive. The only negative item was that the room is loud. This is a place to go for a daytime lunch, not a romantic dinner.

Santa Clarita, California
“Great Service, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We ate at Ralph's with another couple we met at our B&B. Allan was our waiter and he did an excellent job making suggestions on the wine and food. The food was very food. I got the flounder and my wife got the Lobster Rosotto, both worth trying. Small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant, the locals eat here. Would definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere