“Jimtown Store - Perfect Alexander Valley Lunch Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Shops, Specialty Shops, Shopping & Fashion
More attraction details
Owner description: A true country store, with everything you could possibly need plus great boxed lunches.
Healdsburg, California, United States
“Jimtown Store - Perfect Alexander Valley Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Jimtown is a must stop when visiting Alexander Valley. It's the perfect place for lunch with wonderful sandwiches, salads and more. Located in the middle of beautiful Alexandr Valley, its the perfect stop whether you're traveling by bike, motorcycle or car. Don't forget to explore the fun gifts up front and the mercantile and antique store in the back. They offer a wonderful outside patio in the warmer months.

Visited March 2014

Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States
17 attraction reviews
“Ok Interesting Place to Stop for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stopped here on our recent wine tasting trip through Sonoma County on the recommendation from a winery just down the street. It was a Monday and they were out of many ingredients and so could make a limited number of the items on their menu. I thought the sandwiches were just ok. There are definitely some interesting combinations - but many of them were not available. I was not as wow'd as I expected to be. The food is also a bit pricey. The day was warm and lovely and we ate our sandwiches under their grape arbor in the small outdoor eating area. It was lovely but the food was not as impressive as I had hoped. It is well located in the Alexander Valley if you are driving around wine tasting. Worth a stop in if you are near by, but I would not make a special trip out to visit.

Visited October 2013
Healdsburg, CA
34 attraction reviews
“Lunch stop or food to go while wine tasting Yummo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Recently, Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon and it was a great day to visit. We got lucky and it was not crowded. we had the pulled pork sandwich and a smoked brisket sandwich. We live in the area but just don't get out here too often, but is worth the trip out. They have good fresh food (albeit pricey) but good. I also love the Chain gang chili (even thought it has beans in it) yummo. Never had a bad meal here. I recommend picking up a sandwich and taking it to a nice winery and having a luncheon on the winery grounds sometimes too. Good food good fun, bring your wallet you'll need it! Have a great meal and enjoy!

Visited June 2013
Windsor, CA
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome food and unique souvenir store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Jimtown is my must-stop location whenever I'm cycling the Alexander Valley. The sandwiches, the soup-of-day, are gourmet and have never disappointed in >5 years of this being a regular stop.
Truly a wine-country gem.
There's always traffic, but I have yet to find it super-busy.
I'll point out, it's got one of the best souvenir stores in the wine country, with the most unique items for both adults and kids.
Normally, I'd pass up on buying stuff while I'm on my bike, but these folks have really thought this through.
Superb

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Best Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I hesitate to write this review as this place was a huge find for us, and by far one of the best lunches we've had while wine tasting in Sonoma County. You all know those busy sandwich places you stop for and get a run of the mill sandwich after a long wait and finding a place to park...only to be disappointed.. I don't know if it was the timing as our line was short (and wait time not too bad), but I would have waited longer for the fabulous brisket sandwich we had here. We shared the brisket sand with some chips and had more than enough to eat and ate out in the back with sunshine. They also offer wine from Hawks which is a special blend of white and red. Best brisket ever and can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2013