“Lunch stop or food to go while wine tasting Yummo!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Healdsburg
Type: Shops, Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: A true country store, with everything you could possibly need plus great boxed lunches.
Healdsburg, CA
34 attraction reviews
“Lunch stop or food to go while wine tasting Yummo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Recently, Stopped in on a Saturday afternoon and it was a great day to visit. We got lucky and it was not crowded. we had the pulled pork sandwich and a smoked brisket sandwich. We live in the area but just don't get out here too often, but is worth the trip out. They have good fresh food (albeit pricey) but good. I also love the Chain gang chili (even thought it has beans in it) yummo. Never had a bad meal here. I recommend picking up a sandwich and taking it to a nice winery and having a luncheon on the winery grounds sometimes too. Good food good fun, bring your wallet you'll need it! Have a great meal and enjoy!

Visited June 2013

Windsor, CA
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome food and unique souvenir store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Jimtown is my must-stop location whenever I'm cycling the Alexander Valley. The sandwiches, the soup-of-day, are gourmet and have never disappointed in >5 years of this being a regular stop.
Truly a wine-country gem.
There's always traffic, but I have yet to find it super-busy.
I'll point out, it's got one of the best souvenir stores in the wine country, with the most unique items for both adults and kids.
Normally, I'd pass up on buying stuff while I'm on my bike, but these folks have really thought this through.
Superb

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“Best Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I hesitate to write this review as this place was a huge find for us, and by far one of the best lunches we've had while wine tasting in Sonoma County. You all know those busy sandwich places you stop for and get a run of the mill sandwich after a long wait and finding a place to park...only to be disappointed.. I don't know if it was the timing as our line was short (and wait time not too bad), but I would have waited longer for the fabulous brisket sandwich we had here. We shared the brisket sand with some chips and had more than enough to eat and ate out in the back with sunshine. They also offer wine from Hawks which is a special blend of white and red. Best brisket ever and can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2013
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Wendy and I stopped for a sandwich on a very enjoyable drive through the Californian country side, and it's just such a fascinating destination, as well as the really great sandwiches the store is just full of amazing antiques and the ambience is just very relaxing. Although we know Carrie Brown, the owner, and wanted to stop by to say hello, I would still recommend it for a lunch stop over if you are in the Alexander valley or visiting Healdsburg

Fort Bragg, California
22 attraction reviews
“Wine country deli”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Jimtown Store is getting a little too big for it's britches...Prices are way too high for this casual of a dining(lunch) experience...Not "Wow" food by any means.....I do love their Hibiscus tea.....Pumpkin bread wasn't pumpkiny at all.....OK stop if going by, but wouldn't make a separate trip...

Visited October 2012