“Wonderful Wilson Winery” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 128 things to do in Healdsburg
Mill Creek, Washington
“Wonderful Wilson Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wilson is far and away our favorite, but hey, we go wine tasting for tasting wine, not Architecture, snacks or spectacular vistas (albeit their vista is amazing!). When you drive up there is nothing fancy about the look of Wilson Winery . In fact, from the road it looks fairly plain. Don't let the looks deceive you.

Hands down, Wilson has THE best zinfandel wines I have ever had. My wife and I visit Wilson Winery on every trip to the Sonoma region... and its been too long! As it is impossible to find there wine in any store we routinely order their wine and have it shipped to us in the Seattle area. Each bottle is treasured, heaven forbid either of us open one alone, that just wouldn't be fair!
The folks at Wilson have always been helpful and welcoming when we visit, and the customer service when ordering their nectar of the Gods is outstanding.

Visited May 2013

Mill Valley
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I try to stop at Wilson every time I'm in Dry Creek Valley. Their wines are excellent, and the tasting room folks have always been friendly and helpful. I always recommend a stop at Wilson to my friends.

Visited October 2013
Sunnyvale, California
21 attraction reviews
“Suprisingly good Zin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had planned a minimal set of wineries to visit during our Thanksgiving stay in Healdsburg. Then we booked at the Calderwood Inn which is owned by the Wilson's who own this and several other area wineries. We had the 'Mazzocco' room, so we looked up that winery and saw it specialized in Zinfandel. Being Zin aficionados, we added that to our winery list. When we checked in at the Calderwood, we were offered a bottle of the Molly's Zin from Wilson winery, and then added Wilson to our list.

Being a guest at Calderwood gave us free tastings at the Wilson wineries, so we did not have to deal with the issue of a charge for tasting. At the winery we found the person pouring was Kendra, the innkeeper at the Calderwood. Her and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful, prodding us to make sure we partook of the tri-tip being grilled on the patio. We tasted most of the wines on the tasting list for the day, and were offered a couple of library wines not on the list. We came away with the Molly's Zin still being a favorite, with The Ranch Zin and Sawyer Petite Sirah being closely behind.

Interestingly, since this is on Dry Creek between Lytton Springs Rd and US 101 we have driven or ridden our bikes past here dozen of times and never paid attention. It is an area of beauty but so many wineries that you tune the wineries out. Now that we know they have a great Zin we will remember to hit this spot. If you like a good, full-bodied red, esp. a zin, add it to your list.

Visited November 2013
California
22 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This winery is located right on Dry Creek Road. The deck overlooks vineyards with Dry Creek in the distance. Sunsets are great.

Visited November 2013
Naperville, Illinois, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Customer is inconvenient”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the Jul 17, 2012 review by SeattleKC. The host in the tasting room who greeted us with a cold stare fit the same description given by SeattleKC. We visited Wilson winery because we had heard their Zin was good and wanted to purchase a bottle. According to our iPhone we entered the store at 4:53. The host told us they were closed and held up a digital clock showing 5:02 as proof. I've never experienced such rude behavior. Even if our iPhone time was off, what kind of business treats potential customers that way? If you must drink Wilson Wine, buy online.

Visited July 2013
Dee A, Manager at Wilson Winery, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience at Wilson Winery. We usually try our best to make sure everyone has an amazing time.

Is there any chance you could help me out and let me know what day you were here and what the person looked like? That way I can talk to them so this does not happen again.

If you ever are in our area again I would love to offer you a private tasting on the house. We would love to show you that we really are very hospitable.

Dee Ahlin