“Nice deli” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Clifton, Virginia
“Nice deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great place in Healdsburg to pick up deli stuff for lunch at one of the vineyards. Wide selection of meats, cheeses, salads, sandwiches. Bring your wallet; it is expensive.

Visited September 2013

86% Recommend
rocklin
“A Must Stop stop in your wine country trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting the wine country for many years. We have been patrons of the Oakville grocery and have watched it change from a small stop with really good sandwiches to a gourmet eatery with hard to find products in stock. On my recent trip I enjoyed the expanded sandwich choices. I had a falfalel sandwich wrap. It had a little spice to it, but the pairing of pickles made it refreshing. My husband enjoyed a fried chicken sandwich, my daughter a turkey on sourdough, and a friend had a sandwich with fig in it. Not jam, but more like fig compote or congealed fig that was made into a spread. As it dripped from his sandwich I watched knowing it would be wierd of me to lean over and scoop the mound of fig yummy off of his brown paper wrapping. Instead, I reminded him of how much figs were per pound. If you have a large appetite, order a sandwich and a small side. If you are not a big lunch eater, share a sandwich and side with someone. I am just now finishing the other half of my sandwich. I am happy to report it was still good a day later. We also enjoyed the wonderful coffee and a product called "fruit pate". If you are Mexican, you know this product as - cajeta de membrillo. The store has expanded their back area to include picnic tables and cafe tables. In previous years we enjoyed our sandwiches on a wine barrel with a round piece of wood that served as a table. There were two of them just a few years ago. The store has also opened a much needed restroom. It is nice and clean. I love this place and reccomend you stop here and buy lunch. It has been around since 1881.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Picnic supplies here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Get your winery picnic supplies here. Great gourmet sandwiches, cheeses and crackers. We had potter crackers and local goat cheese which could not be any better.

Visited October 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
“Grab & Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

They have tables out back to eat but our plan was to pick up some items for a lunch picnic at a vineyard later in the day. They have lots of awesome salads and sandwiches. We got a variety of salads from curry slaw to asian noodle salad and chicken salad along with a ham and swiss sandwich. Everything was fresh and delicious!!! I'm so glad our driver recommended them.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This grocery/order up is a neat place in the plaza. It was a little confusing- having to order and pay at one counter for for and order and pay at another counter for beverages, but the food was good and it was crowded. My salad was good. My friend's lunch was just ok. But it is a nice place to have a quick bite when you are exploring the area.

Visited July 2013