“Boutique hotel in wine country!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Matheson St., Healdsburg, CA 95448   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Healdsburg
New York City, New York
“Boutique hotel in wine country!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel in October. This hotel has it all! We sat by saltwater heated pool in a secluded part of the grounds while we waited for family members to arrive. Hot tub... Lounge chairs...restaurant service. The room was beautiful!spa like bathroom...fine linens on bed and in bath.Nothing was missing for convenience.Ate dinner at the Dry Creek Kitchen. Complimentary buffet breakfast in lobby.Phenomenal!Concierge very helpful for seeing beautiful wineries. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I spent 3 nights at the HH the week before Labor Day 2013. I'd seen the hotel years before during a Sonoma County wine tour, fell in love with it and vowed I would return and stay there someday. After a colossal and nerve-wracking mix up with my reservation which thankfully was corrected, I arrived with my travel companions in the mid-afternoon. The place was so ungodly hot that we had to leave and find another place to hang out until dinner. It cooled off in the evenings, as one would expect, but during the day it wasn't where you'd want to spend any time unless you have a fondness for sweat lodges.

I loved the architecture and design of the place, the art work and general vibe but I did have the sense that its upkeep was suffering a bit. There was no radio in my room (my fellow travelers had a Bose speaker system), just a cheap plastic alarm clock, the door on the wardrobe was broken and the amenities were a little on the chintzy side. I went to the spa and asked to buy one of the Frette robes they have in the room and was told to order it on line. (I did and a month later, after my cc had been charged, was told they were on back order for an indefinite period of time.)

These little details are the sorts of things I notice and found a bit disappointing; for the rather steep price, I expected upkeep and service to be better. But all that having been said, I'd still go back because the breakfast is nice and the pool is lovely and Healdsburg is a great little town, too.

(If someone from HH reads this, please give the place the TLC it deserves and have your staff sharpen up their hospitality skills a bit and you'll easily go from very good to excellent.)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wow, nice property in the heart of Healdsburg. Close to all of wine country in Sonoma County it's perfect for a weekend getaway. Very modern, many amenities on property...the one thing that held me back from five star review was the bed...it was somewhat uncomfortable....although the rest of my king premier room was exceptional, as was the service. I enjoyed the balcony overlooking the Main Street through town and the spa-like bathroom.

I'd come back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland N Z
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel sits attractively on the corner of the Healdsburg square. Parking to unload is easy and there is plenty of help. We loved the high ceilings and communal spaces with country chic furnishings, fireplace,flowers and connection to the outdoors.Lots of nice areas to sit outside also.
Our room was furnished beautifully with a wonderfully comfortable bed though the outside aircon unit was loud at times. The pool area is very European, enclosed and sheltered. Planting throughout the grounds including lots of vines on the building is most attractive.
The breakfast is good and the newish casual restaurant Pizzando exceded our expectations. The massages at the spa were lovely.
We have to make a special mention of the concierge ( blond..) who was awesome. She had every bit of information you could ever want, super efficient but in a friendly easy manner. We were so glad we had booked here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel overlooks main plaza. Still has that small town wine country feel. But the hotel and Dry Creek Kitchen speaks to the sophistication of someone used to the Hamptons. Small town charm, amazing restaurants, art galleries outside the front door.

Rooms are all different to full suites. Pool is well designed with many private areas to spend the day under the sun or in the shade. Breakfast buffet is beautiful. High end sheets, coffee, juice, bar area in every room.

Room Tip: Go during off days and get great deals. Weekends book fast so plan early
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Highlights: Double Queen room was huge and bathroom was spacious. Hotel grounds has lots of light and private outdoor spaces. Pool was classic European style and breakfast service was great. Location in Healdsburg is great.

Issues: I felt mislead by the pricing of my package and never got a response from my e-mail. I booked the gourmet getaway which stated there was for a 4 course tasting menu for 2 at the Dry Creek Kitchen and a credit of up to $170. Since the 4 course tasting menu is $65 per person, I assume it included tax and gratuity, otherwise the credit is really exactly $130, not up to $170. But when I checked out, the hotel front desk insisted on charging me for the gratuity and taxes. I wrote an e-mail to the front desk and no response. Also, when I checked in I asked the front desk to change the time of my dinner reservation at the hotel restaurant and they said I could do it myself from my room. The other small issue is road noise in the am from trucks driving down the road right next to the hotel.

For a $500 per night room, nickel and diming left a sour taste in what would have otherwise been a great hotel stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street as you will otherwise be woken up by trucks in the am. Get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and try to make a yearly trek out to Healdsburg. We have stayed in 3 different hotels and BY FAR...our best stay to date has been at the Hotel Healdsburg. We loved the grounds, the staff was super attentive without being obtrusive and the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine upon check in, didn't hurt matters. One night we even stayed in and picked up pizzas from Pizzando downstairs and even that was a fantastic meal. All in all.....I feel as though we found our "IT" place to stay while visiting Healdsburg.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Healdsburg? Share your experiences!