“Eat Raw Pork” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spoonbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 82 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mill
Description: Spoonbar Chef Louis Maldonado serves a menu of clean and simple dishes honoring America’s diverse culinary influences. His artfully-crafted, market-driven cuisine of fresh, bold flavors is built around seasonally-inspired local and sustainable ingredients. The same focus carries over to Spoonbar’s cocktails which use specially sourced organically-grown herbs, fruits and vegetables with an emphasis on locally and domestically produced spirits. Freeform tables made from reclaimed acacia surround a long, communal table crafted from a split tree. Splashes of color—from the turquoise Eames chairs to the golden floral three dimensional wall art—brighten the open space like dappled sunshine filtering through summer leaves. On warm days and evenings the restaurant’s Cantina doors open up to sidewalk dining.
Goleta, California
“Eat Raw Pork”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Having been encouraged by the maitre'd to order the special of the evening fare, I ordered barbequed ribs. The waiter delivered a special steak knife that I assumed was to be used to separate the ribs. They were delivered already separated. In the poor light, I picked one up and tried to bite the meat off the bone, only to find out that it was extremely tough. I could not remove the meat even with knife and fork. Upon further examination, the ribs were raw. The manager took them back and offered a free replacement of another meal, but my dinner was ruined beyond repair. The place is very pretentious. The help is very snooty.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Santa Rosa, California
“OK Food; Pretentious Attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

It never ceases to amaze me when I receive poor customer service from an establishment that caters to tourists. I arrived for lunch at the Spoonbar! restaurant at about 11:30. I was to meet a friend who had made at 12 N reservation. The place was open when I arrived. By "open" I mean the doors that fold back to expose the interior to the sidewalk were open. When I asked to be seated at the bar to wait for my friend, I was told that they did not open until noon and that I could not occupy a seat in the bar until that time. (There was a barman cutting up limes so I would not have had "unauthorized access" to the expensive Scotch.) This information was delivered in an abrupt manner. Needless to say, I left. Returned at noon for lunch with my friend. The oysters were wonderful; the burger was overcooked. The service was only okay. All-in-all, you can certainly have a better dining experience in the nice little town than we had at the Spoonbar!

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Fun, Modern, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great restaurant for evening and late night! Cool, hip atmosphere. Delicious food. Great, friendly service. We went for a wedding rehearsal dinner and the set up was wonderful. If you are looking for something similar to this, I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pacifica, California
“nice look, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

we made the mistake of showing up after 8pm on a Saturday night in summer so getting a table for 2 was hard. be sure to make a reservation if you want to eat there. learn from our mistake...

once we got an acceptable table away from the bustle of the kitchen and busing station, i could settle in and enjoy the experience.

my starter was the fries with aioli dipping sauce. yum yum yum! my main was a half portion (impressively sized half portion by the way) of gnocchi with asparagus, english peas, fava beans and pesto. OMG the pesto was so garlicky - loved it! but the best part of the meal was the perfectly cooked gnocchi. good value and good taste. i would go back for that dish any time!

the waiter was really great about giving tastes of wine before ordering a glass. i really appreciated that.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Vue, Pennsylvania
“What a fun place in the heart of Healdsburg!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

A great hip ( do we still say hip?) restaurant with superb food, super drinks, and superior service. Everything about Spoonbar! (the exclamation is appropriate) is at the top of any rating chart. Life is too short not to take the time for a visit to this wonderful restaurant.

Visited July 2011