“Crunchie and LEED certified” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   219 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg, CA 95448   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Healdsburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oxford, OH
“Crunchie and LEED certified”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was staying with a group in Healdsburg, the heart of Sonoma wine country an this was my hotel for 5 nights and I loved it. It is green and sparse with a great feel, the people were nice if stereotypically tattooed. If you are going to give me good bagels and lox every morning I am going to have it instead of some good granola and site made yogurt. I loved my room the placement of the AC has it blowing on you in bed so that took some fixing but it was a great room with wonderful shower and cold sparkling and regular water in the fridge for free. It is close to the square and it was a nice place to stay. I will say for a green place as far as I could tell then never once left my towel and I didn"t like all the lights left on for my return, it was a waste of energy, but these are minor points in a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here one night, my flight had been cancelled and H2 was the only hotel that was available last minute with a room. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful, they had a toothbrush and toothpaste for me and she even offered to let me borrow a charger for my phone. The problems started when I got into my room. There were ants in the bed, there was a disgusting black stain on the sheets right where you would put your head, there was loud banging coming from downstairs throughout the night, and there was a mouse running around the room on the wood floors all night. What was even worse, when I emailed the hotel about the issues, they completely ignored me. I had attempted to tell the man at the front desk about the issues when I checked out early the next morning, but he said there was nothing he can do since I am checking out, which is why I emailed and was AGAIN ignored. I will NEVER stay here again, and I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I think this is a slightly above average hotel in Healdsburg. I'm not sure what all the rave reviews are about, but I do think it is a nice place to stay. I think the part that most most disappointing was the very unwelcoming staff and environment. It is a bit like you are staying at a restaurant/bar with a hotel, not a hotel with a restaurant/bar. Also my impression of the staff is they are not interested in the guests and don't really attempt to make you feel welcome.

The rooms are ok. I liked the bathroom the best. The bed was a bit mushy and I didn't care for the flooring (no carpet so it felt a bit dirty and sticky which is kind of creepy). Also the noise is a real issue. Everything that happens in the hallway at night is loud and clear in your room. Plus the walking around on the floor above our room was annoying while you are trying to sleep.

I love contemporary design, but I think this design is more stark and cheap looking than high-end contemporary.

I would look at other options to be honest next time we are in Healdsburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Garden City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Friendly staff. Clean and modern accommodations. Continental breakfast included. Easy stroll into town. Restaurants and stores nearby. Drive to nearby wineries. Bicycles available to use. Helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

One of the best hotels I've stayed in - not the fanciest or flashiest but very modern and some great features. Only sad we didn't stay another night. A few things I thought were great in particualr...

- great relaxing pool area - was small but its a boutique hotel so dont think this will be an issue - lovely salt water pool
- no water bottles provided but there are water stations on every floor for both sparkling and still water - they provide glasses and carafes to fill up. LOVE This! So much better than plastic water bottles
- restaurant was fantastic - a bit expensive, but really nice and delicious food
- complimentary breakfast, also very nice. Mainly cold items - granola, bagels, etc. but also can get eggs/omelettes
- upon arrival, they provide quite a few coupons for free or 2 for 1 tastings at local vineyards, we arrived after we had done our wine touring for the day and were heading out of town the next day, but a great tip if you check in earlier and still have some tasting left
- bikes available for personal use, again sad we couldn't take advantage but I think this is a great idea esp since bike rentals in wine towns can be on the pricier side.

Heasldburg is very small so location is great, but so is pretty much all other hotels there too!

Overall highly recommended - more than one night if you can!

Green Features: Love the water stations - brilliant idea. Perfect balance between traditional hotel while being very green.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved everything about the room, besides they upgraded us to a suite, which was even better. Loved that they encourage you not waste electricity and water, but at the same time make everything chic and comfortable. We had a great meal at Spoonbar at the hotel and they had a very nice breakfast. Very convenient to get to HWY 101 so you can vineyard hop very easily. We had friends in a regular room, who said their room was great, as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at H2 Hotel in Healdsburg, CA and it was wonderful! It is not a kid hotel, this is a must for a couples get a way. The restaurant was very good as well, got a great package deal that included a $90 credit to eat there. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: request a room facing the back overlooking the bamboo garden