My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the H2 hotel. We went there based on Tripadvisor reviews, which I have to say were pretty spot on.
We stayed in a Standard King room. We also booked directly via the website which had a special for $255 a night, including a $90 credit for Spoonbar, the restaurant attached to the hotel. Here's a breakdown of the stay:
- The room was bright and modern, but with warm touches throughout, not overly stark
- The bed was very soft and enormous! I liked the individual duvets and the multitude of pillow options, kind of like sleeping in a cloud
- The refillable water bottles were fantastic - we used this so much I lost count of the refills, there is the option for either still or sparkling water
- Wi-Fi was fast and free, couldn't have been better
- Room was quiet - kind of essential for me as a light sleeper - we were in room 405, the quieter side of the hotel
- Service was genuine and fast. We asked for an iron, they brought it up within 5 mins. We asked for packing tape, they had it within seconds. The staff were helpful but unobstrusive. - - - Location can't be beaten, the hotel is across the street from Barndiva, 5 min walk from Downtown Creamery, Flying Goat Coffee, Dry Creek Kitchen and Oakville Grocery
- Valet is $15 a night but the valet guy pointed us across the street to the free 24 hour parking, so we never had to pay it.
- Free breakfast in the morning was good. They had copious amounts of pastries and made waffles and quiche to order. The coffee was brought in from Flying Goat Coffee, simply delicious. Very decent for being free.
We did not try the pool, nor the spa next door, so can't comment on either.
Great staff, location and yes, as the other reviews say it is pretty "hip", but sometimes, I like to feel a little "hip".
Choose the quiet, creek side of the hotel if possible. Room 405 was great.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.