“Style and comfort” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Style and comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I started our 25th Anniversary trip to California at the H2 Hotel. The hotel has a new look and feel with colorful and contemporary design. We got a nice room on the fourth floor and a bottle of local red wine awaiting in the room as an anniversary present. We enjoyed the daily bar happy hour with cocktails and small plates as well as the morning breakfast included with the room. The staff is all great -- young and very helpful. The location is tops in Headsburg -- just a block or two away from restaurants, wine bars, town square and Dry Creek Market.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
lax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was up for a 50th bday weekend. Expected just a hotel. Was blown away by the beauty of this place. Uber modern which i suspect has won every kind of LEED and architectural award one could hope for. Just gorgeous.

The room was very clean and spartan compared to most ruffled hotel rooms. Loved the bed (could hardly get myself out of its plush comforter). Loved the flooring. Bathroom was spartan but terrific too. Also, the milk bottles of bubbly and still water (gratis) in the rooms was very welcome.

Free (first come first served) bikes downstairs. Hip but tranquil pool. Great lobby to just sit and enjoy the decor.

Wifi was great and free.

Location is ideal -- a block from the square.

I've been in at least a dozen hotels in the past year. This one wins hands down.

Oh, the only negative was that they only had one reading light on one side of the bed -- so if you wanted to read while your spouse slept, you'd have to shift spaces.

Room Tip: We faced the main street. Not an issue with the door closed, but would be in the warmer months. I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice spot but never got a smile or thank you from desk person . Valet staff was friendly. We enjoyed the cold water in the rooms very modern European feeling of the room we would stay again but hope for new front desk staff

• Stayed February 2013
Salida, Co. USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just returned from a short two night stay in Healdsburg. I think the business plan at the H2Hotel is set at couples enjoying the wine country. This hotel is quite nice, well worth the price. Valet parking, nice breakfast, good amenities. If you're interested in working out you have the ability to walk down the street to their more upscale hotel, The Hotel Healdsburg, so fitness is there as well.
I 'think' all the rooms are set up with a soft King size bed, if you're traveling with a buddy and need one room, but two beds, they can accommodate you, thing is, what they do is to simply split the bed into two parts, which leaves one with sort of a single bed. That was fine with me, but my buddy felt like it was too narrow for the quality of this hotel. So you make the call there...
Otherwise the bar in the lobby appears to attract a hip crowd; the folks working there are all very nice, as well as accommodating; they have bikes that they'll loan out for free, and their central location can't be beat.
Healdsburg is a nice place, if you're thinking about going I'd highly recommend the H2Hotel.
All the Best, Salida1048

Room Tip: Would recommend a room off the street, actually ask for one on the top floor. This place has six ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

1st impressions count - the good looking guy & the girl with him on the front desk were far from friendly & welcoming!

The room (215) was great. The bed/pillows all super comfy, the tub in the room was great, the balcony sweet with lots of natural light. The negative thoughts were that the smell of mould/mildew was quite strong & the unavoidable noise from the guests in the room above us what startling. Think along the lines of being under a baby elephant.

We loved the complimentary public bikes & did a 12 mile ride to some of the vineyards. The part we were miffed about was that the guy on front desk could have advised us that the ride along west dry creek rd is pretty precarious. Ie advice along the lines of take a helmut & be careful as its a windy road with not much shoulder space for cyclists would have been well heeded. Lucky for us we did that part by car.

We had followed some people's advice on trying the cocktails at spoon bar-they were fine but nothing to rave about...but the waitstaff were all accommodating & friendly.

If you're going to do a complimentary continental breakfast then do it right. Is it that difficult to cut some fresh fruit (vs whole), offer a few different milk options (rather than whole milk only), have napkins on the table & maybe remove last nights wine gasses from my table?

All in all we had a fab bloomspot deal so it was a good stay but certainly marred by the service. If I was paying $400+/nt I would be incredibly peeved with the level of service.

We couldn't quite figure out if the staff just didn't care or if they were just trying to be cool.

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went here last weekend to celebrate our 10th year anniversary, front desk girl was nice she shows up all the different rooms then we decided to do an upgrade to an eco studio, we paid the difference, japanese tub is really great, decor of the place too, restaurant is a little cold looking maybe with hot weather is a better option, breakfast is fine, no complains there.

Problems were: nobody help us or offer to carry our luggage to our room from the car and unfortunately for that price they charge for everything, even the natural used product that you used for a shower, I took them home as I always do and then I checked my bank account and they charged me for that $65 dollars, really?, I called and then they told me that is written in a paper in the room, hmm so I am going to send them back for a refund? I feel that is inappropriate the concept, I asked to speak to the manager and guy told me I am the front desk manager, so if you don't want them send them back, really not a way to speak to somebody that paid that amount to spend in your hotel for 2 nights, I mean we are speaking about the H2 hotel in Healdsburg not a motel 6 in Napa, right?

And please do something about the twin beds, you sink in the middle all night long, nice sheets though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We like to stay in Healdsburg when we visit, as we love the town and like to walk back to our hotel after dinner and wine. This is a funky hotel, lower-priced than its sister hotel, Hotel Healdsburg. Rooms are large, water and a refrigerator are offered in the room, a small breakfast is included and you can walk everywhere in town. It can be a bit pricey, especially on weekends. The beds and large down pillows are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main street if you are staying there on a weekend, as it's close to bars and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!