“Perfect way to visit Sonoma wine country” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 123 Activities in Healdsburg
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided small group wine tasting tours throughout Sonoma County's beautiful Wine Country. Enjoy an unforgettable day while you visit a minimum of four unique wineries. Our wine educators/guides will introduce you to the wines,wineries,and vineyards of Sonoma County - perfectly blending education with entertainment. Tours stop at a gourmet lunch spot where you can purchase a fresh lunch that we take to a winery. Shared groups-(usually 2-8 guests per tour)
Lakewood, California
18 attraction reviews
“Perfect way to visit Sonoma wine country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I made our first trip to Sonoma and knew we wanted to do some wine tasting. From when we first made our reservation to the tour itself, Amanda and Jerry were professional, friendly and efficient. We toured 5 vineyards on September 13th and enjoyed ourselves from the minute Jerry picked us up at our hotel to when he dropped us back at the end of the day. He selected great vineyards, as my credit card will attest to. I know the other couples in our group also enjoyed the wine and wineries. Being harvest time, we were able to see how that delicious bottle of wine begins its life. We tasted some grape - never realized how sweet the Zinfandel grape is. These were all small vineyards and it was such a delight after having experienced wine tasting at larger vineyards in other parts of the state and country. Jerry is extremely knowledgeable about the area and the wine making process. His fee includes the tasting fees and as much water that you want (very important to hydrate when drinking wine). We stopped to purchase our lunch at one of the local stores - even my fussy husband found something good to eat. I would strongly recommend Wine Country Journeys to any one who is planning to visit the Sonoma area and would like to have the best wine tasting experience possible.

Visited September 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“If you want a great day out in Healsburg/Sonoma book this tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I booked this tour for a fun day on honeymoon and cannot recommend it highly enough. We are not wine experts by any means, but Jerry made us feel so welcome from the start and we visited some great wineries during the day. We got to meet owners of the vineyard, a cask sample and to see the grapes on the vine, all in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Perfect day in Sonoma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful time with Wine Country Journeys. Jerry told us our pick up time the night before, and picked us up exactly on time at our hotel. While we were driving, Jerry gave us some great background information about Sonoma and the vineyards, and was able to answer all of our questions. Then he took us to four beautiful wineries, and a great spot for lunch. He also had a cooker for our food if we packed food beforehand, stored our wine in the cooler, and had cold bottled water for us. It was a great day, and I highly recommend using this tour company!

Visited September 2012
Coffeyville, Kansas
“Great way to see Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It has been over a year since we went to Sonoma, but I really needed to write this review as I still tell all of my friends and family about it! We were on the shared tour- my husband, mom and stepdad and two other couples. Jerry picked us up right on time and we set out. We LOVED that we went to smaller wineries and went to places that we would have never known about. It was great because I didn't want to go to a huge place that mass produced wines that I could get at stores around me. I like how personalized and intimate this tour was. He was VERY informative about all sorts of information! Some of the places we went was his first time there as well, but you could tell right away that the owners respected him and would love to work with him again. We hope to go back sometime soon and we will definitely book another tour with Jerry! We stopped at a little store and grabbed lunch and brought it with us to our next stop and enjoyed lunch and wine!

Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Book a tour today.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a tour with Wine Country Journeys based on the recommendation of friends. They said if we only did one thing on our trip to Sonoma, we should book a tour with Jerry. They were spot-on.

We are new to the world of wine and had never been to a tasting before. Jerry did an excellent job letting us know what to expect and giving us a crash-course on the winemaking process.

While the wine was terrific, the scenery was probably even better. The beauty of Sonoma wine country is spectacular.

We couldn't recommend Wine Country Journeys more! If you are planning on visiting Sonoma County, do yourself a favor and book a tour today.