“Fabulous time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Houston
“Fabulous time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

We recently spent 4 days at the Grapeleaf Inn and LOVED it! Our first time at a B&B, and now we're ruined for all others, I'm afraid! From the gardens, to the spacious rooms, to the speakeasy tastings, to the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, it was all great! It was a quick walk to town square and a beautiful drive to the Napa wineries. The staff was friendly and very helpful when we were trying to navigate a first stay in the area. The speakeasy tastings and group breakfasts brought the patrons together and we got to know several of the other couples staying there.

Stayed May 2007

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

We just got back from spending 5 nights at the Grape Leaf Inn. Great location. An easy walk to Healdsburg Square and all the great restaurants in the area. The owners, Richard & Kae, have done a wonderful job of keeping this 100 year old plus property top notch. We stayed in the Gamay Rose. The bed was very comfortable. The room itself was pretty standard size in comparison to most B & B's. Remember, this property is over 100 years old. There has been a recent addition where the rooms are a bit larger. Still, no complaints. Richard & Kae are very nice people. Very genuine. Bring your appetite and don't think you'll be eating lunch. The breakfast's are delicious and very filling. Definitely gourmet! Our favorite time of the day was between 5:30 and 6:30 when the false book case opens and you decend the stairs into the speakeasy for wine tasting of Sonoma and Napa Counties finest. A great place to mingle with other guests. Last but not least, keep an eye out for Peaches. She's the Inn cat. If you need a feline fix Peaches is your girl. All in all a wonderful stay and we highly recommend The Grape Leaf Inn.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vallejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

May 8, 2007: My husband and I had always wanted to stay at the Grape Leaf Inn. We had heard such wonderful things about it and, everything we heard were understatements! From the moment we stepped out of our car, our senses were filled. The Inn is surrounded by beautiful trees and you can smell the new flowers in bloom as you walk up the path to the beautiful stained glass doors. When you walk into the lobby, we were met with the tempting aroma of fresh baked cookies... which of course I could not resist.
After we were checked in by the sweetest innkeepers, Ryan and Cass, (who make sure they do everything possible to keep you happy) were shown our gorgeous room, which had the biggest, softest bed I'd ever seen, and the most beautiful bathroom you could ever imagine. They make sure you have everything you might need for the evening, even q-tips and makeup remover! Their turn down service is quite unique in that instead of chocolates (which I don't need!) they put special tension spot reliever cream packets on your pillow.... it really works, too.
After settling into our room which was on the first floor, we went downstairs to the cellar for wine and cheese tasting. They have a beautiful bar with a lovely selection of wines, and our innkeeper, Ryan, was quite knowledgeable as he poured them and explained each one to us. Cass had made a beautiful cheese spread with some of the most interesting flavors in cheeses, honey and spices we had ever had. It was quite an evening. We met some interesting people and really enjoyed ourselves. We then spent some time walking around their beautifully groomed gardens. They grow some of their own herbs and again our senses were bombarded with scents I hadn't smelled in a long, long time. It was a nice experience.
After a great night's sleep, (the bed was so comfortable) we were looking forward to a good breakfast. Since I have food allergies, I didn't know how they would be handled, and I must say, they handled them quite well. The first course was a fruit platter with all the fruits I was allergic to, but they fixed a special bowl of strawberries with yogurt and nuts for me, and I must say, I think I got the better of the deal...it was gorgeous, and delicious. Then the main dish was a creme brulee french toast with bacon and an egg souffle. This breakfast was to die for! Everything was perfect. The temperature of the food, the presentation, everything! It tasted so good. I just ate it slowly and took in all the flavors.
What an enjoyable experience it was staying at the Grape Leaf Inn. It is a classy place, yet you feel like you are at home. They treat you like family, yet they spoil and pamper you, too.
We met the owners, Richard and Kae Rosenberg, and they were so kind. We were able to see why the inn was run the way it was... the inn personifies its owners, and Richard and Kae are wonderful, sweet, kind people, and that's what the Inn is. The people who work there are all wonderful, sweet and kind, and it shows in the way that they treat each and everyone that walks through the front door.
I recommend the Grape Leaf Inn to everyone. It is a perfect place to go for a romantic getaway, to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, or even just to go to the Sonoma valley for wine tasting. I hope you enjoy your stay, too!

• Liked — The staff treated you so well, and pampered you and took care of you .
  • Disliked — I cannot think of anything....honestly.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We just got back from 3 nights at the Grape Leaf Inn. The staff was great and we had a fantastic weekend. Nice touch to have wine tasting in the evening. I highly recommend the Inn and we have already booked a return visit next year.

Stayed April 2007
Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

I recently stayed at the Grape Leaf Inn. I had never stayed at a B&B and was a little skeptical. But, to my surprise it was a wonderful experience.

This Inn has a warm and very friendly, down to earth, atmoshphere. I had the large room with fireplace just off the entry, but I also looked at the rooms upstairs and they are just as nice. The upstairs rooms in the old portion of the house each have their own unique design. I would stay in any of them.

The breakfast the next morning was just what I had read about. Wonderful and just enough to get you on your way to more tastings or shopping in the square of Healdsburg.

All of this and a friendly, personable staff! I even met a couple that have been coming to this same B&B for 20 years.

Cheers!

• Stayed April 2007
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

We just spent a great weekend at the Grape Leaf Inn. The rooms were charming and very comfortable. This is a sweet "turn of the century "home in a quiet residential neighborhood. The rooms have been modernized as far as bathrooms and amenities without distracting from the Victorian atmosphere. Richard and Kay, the owners, were totally hands on and very helpful in obtaining reservations and pointing out local "must do's".

The food is beyond great. The morning breakfast was better than any 4-5 star hotel we have experienced. In the late afternoon, the quaint "speakeasy" door opens and provides a wine cellar experience for all the guests. We were able to sample many local wines and cheeses. This gave us inspiration to seek out the winery in the next day's adventures.

This was a mini-family reunion for us and the spacious parlor, living room, or wrap around front porch gave us ample room to gather and spend family time. We met many friendly and interesting guests. Most of them seemed to be repeat customers.

The WEB site is great as it lets you see all the rooms, which is important as each are different. They follow up immediately once you request a reservation and are accomodating with special requests.

This was the perfect "wine country" experience!!

• Liked — Charm and Food
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
No. Calif, East Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Grape Leaf Inn for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. The Inn was very quiet, clean, and the rooms in excellent condition. We stayed in two different rooms because the one we wanted was booked our first night but both were excellent. We were in Voignier the first night and Syrah for the next two and we would stay in either again although the steam shower and adult height double sinks in Syrah made it my favorite.

Breakfasts were excellent and made onsite by either the owners or other staff. The opportunity to meet the other guests while dining made the trip much more fun as we were able to share wine tasting and restaurant experiences. The Speakeasy was a blast, the stairs to which are hidden behind an oak bookcase, and the tasting and cheese provided was a nice way to start the evening before heading into downtown Healdsburg for dinner.

Kay and RIchard do a wonderful job with this Inn. I will be a repeat customer and I would recommend it to others without hesitation.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere, great rooms and service
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grape Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!