“Beautiful winery and good wines” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 128 things to do in Healdsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: Ferrari-Carano, located in picturesque Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County, is home to world-class wines, five acres of award-winning gardens and breathtaking vineyard views. Taste Classic Wines in the Villa Fiore Wine Shop or taste Reserve Wines in the Enoteca located in the underground cellar. Tasting Rooms open daily. Tour and private tastings are available by appointment.
Boston, Massachusetts
21 attraction reviews
“Beautiful winery and good wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was the first winery that we visited on a wine tour. The grounds were beautiful and reminded me of Italy. We opted for the more expensive tasting ($15 for 4 wines) in the downstairs tasting room. I think that the extra money was worth it. The downstairs has a very nice and more relaxing atmosphere. The wines were unique - not the ones that I can buy at the liquor store at home. I really liked being able to choose the wines that I wanted to try (this was not the case at all of the wineries we visited). I split a tasting with my husband and they had no problem with 2 of us sharing. I really enjoyed their Chardonnays - not as oaky as some others. My only gripe would be the woman who helped us with our tasting. She was not very friendly and didn't seem that happy to be there. One person in our group said that she was "robotic" and that was an apt description. Maybe we just caught her on an off day but we were not impressed. I would also encourage you to stop in at the gift shop. Not only can you buy wines, but they had some great items for wine lovers. And, if you spend $80, your tasting fee is refunded.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Omaha, Nebraska
16 attraction reviews
“Must See Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were told Ferrari-Carano was a "must see", and we must agree. The winery has free tours each morning at 10:00 am. Since we were there on a Tuesday, we were able to get in without much notice. The tour was great, but even if you can't make that, you should definitely visit Ferrari-Carano. The grounds and winery are BEAUTIFUL. It was well worth the visit and the wines were fantastic too!!

Toronto, Canada
46 attraction reviews
“Nice Winery But Very Rude Staff Somehow!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The winery had a beautiful building and garden. I felt I was in France chateau instead in California. Everything went well until one of staffs came out to stop me of photo taken with using a tripod. Of course, I had understood it was a private property; they had a right to stop me. But somehow I did not know what the big deal of using the tripod. The staff should be approach me with better tone with her profession customer manner. It was a disappointment! It really ruined this beautiful chateau. Anyway, I moved on. The winery had a lot of nice wine products. Did not forget to check out the underground cellar.

Visited August 2013
Collierville, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
“"The 'jewel' of the Alexander Valley"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of the most beautiful wineries in "wine country". Definitely worth the extra miles from Sonoma and Napa to see this "jewell" in the Alexander Valley. The underground "Don's Wine Cellar" looks like something out of a James Bond movie. You will be very happy that you took the extra time to drive to Alexander Valley to see Ferrari-Carano. The wine was just teriffic !

Visited July 2013
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
71 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous grounds, beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

One of our favorite wineries on our trip. The grounds and setting is beautiful. The wine tasting upstairs is less expensive and not nearly the environment of downstairs. Wonderful building, terrific view of the vineyard. If you are looking for an upscale building and grounds winery, this is it. Tasted 4 wines and bought a bottle which was a wonderful reserve for $24.