“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Pkymouth
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We are finishing up our 3 nights in Suite 4, which is at the very end of the private suites. The in-room fireplace is great, and I personally love leaving the door cracked to hear the fountains at night and smell/feel the cold air rolling in. This was our anniversary, and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The bed in our room is amazing (feels like a foam bed with a nice pillow top), the furniture in the room is great, and the towels are incredibly soft. We were always out doing stuff around town, so we didn't really have a few hours to burn - but if we did, the jacuzzi tubs looked really inviting. If you're into a nice bath, I'd suggest suite 4 - you get the fireplace right next to the tub, which would be cool. The breakfasts are amazing, the staff is super nice - no real complaints. My wife got the 1.5 hour massage, and she was apparently really good and my wife enjoyed that a ton.

It looks like the place is empty now as we just pulled in, which if people like their privacy, now is the time to come to Healdsburg. Also, I'd suggest trip advisor for everything - the only things we didn't like were when we strayed from what was suggested by friends or this site. :)

Thanks honor mansion - I'm pretty sure we'll be making this a yearly trip.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure there isn't a bad room in the entire place, but suite 4 specifically was per...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review posted in such a timely manner! We loved hosting you and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are so happy that you loved everything about your visit here and had a wonderful time exploring Healdsburg.

We always look forward to hosting our guests again in the future, to show you even more of what the beautiful Wine Country has to offer.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Until then,

Steve, Cathi, & the Honor Mansion Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fabulous three night stay in the Garden Suite. Overall I think what I most appreciated were all the extras that were included as I hate staying in luxury digs and then being nickel and dimed to death. This does not happen here. Wi fi? Included. Water, soda, there for the taking. Complementary bottle of wine in room, plus carafe of sherry, bowl of hard candy. Happy hour wine and delicious cheese and snacks. Coffee and cookies just about any time. And of course, what they are famous for, the breakfasts. Everywhere we went in Sonoma, people asked where we were staying, and then, "oooh, what was for breakfast?" Full buffet with all sorts of fruits and breads (my fav: the cinnamon walnut bread from a local bakery) an interesting gourmet entree every morning (like marscapone and pineapple stuffed french toast). Did I mention complementary mimosa, either the special of the day or your choice of about eight different flavors? A great way to start the day in wine country. Also, coffee and scones delivered to your doorstep each morning at your specified time.

Room and grounds: Generally I am not a big fan of B & B's as I feel there is a lack of privacy and just too "cutsey." Not here. This is more like a mini resort. The separate suites are extremely private, you could literally never see anyone if you didn't want to. Our suite was really nice, with a very comfortable bed, sitting area, gas fireplace, small kitchenette and my favorite, a wonderful jetted tub on our very private garden deck. Used it every day. Little touches like a dish and ring holder for your jewelry, and really luxurious bathrobes much appreciated. Grounds are beautiful and extensive. Too cold to appreciate the many outdoor amenities, but it would be fabulous during the warmer months. Location is perfect for a stroll into town for shopping and dinner.

The staff was consistently friendly and professional. We were welcomed with a nice tour of the resort, our room and all the amenities, complementary wine in hand. Owner Steve poured coffee at breakfast every morning and offered good advice and suggestions.

Can't really come up with any negatives. The inn is on a fairly busy street, but traffic trickles down to nothing at night so it really is not noisy. I would highly recommend this inn, even to those who think they don't like B & B's. We'll be back, thanks Steve and staff!

Room Tip: Loved the Garden Suite. Very private.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We can't thank you enough for your amazing review. We really appreciate all the time and effort you put into writing about your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed all the little details and we are truly glad that you felt your stay was valuable, in every sense of the word.

We especially want to thank you for appreciating our unique fusion of inn and resort boutique hotel, and we are happy that it was the perfect fit for you.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Murrieta, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked three nights at Honor Mansion as a gift for my wife so we could get away for a while and have some fun in wine country. (we live in So. Cal.) .I was hesitant to spend the room rates at the Honor Mansion, especially since we were traveling off season and mid-week. But Honor Mansion had so many positive comments on Tripadvisor, I thought it might be worth the price. I really debated about whether to book a cheaper room since airfare etc. was already eating into my expected budget. But since it was a gift and we were trying to get away, I bit the bullet and booked the room at Honor Mansion.

I am so glad I did! It was simply amazing how the staff at Honor Mansion went the extra mile to make our stay memorable. First, we got a complimentary upgrade to a cottage, even though i booked only a room. I understand the inn was empty, and it probably didn't matter to them, but what a great surprise for my wife and I, and it ended up being just the first of many classy things the staff did to make our trip great. One day my wife and I rented bikes and explored the area on bikes. When we got back to the inn, just in time for wine and cheese, my wife was exhausted and wanted to take a shower and lie down a while. When the staff noticed my wife wasn't partaking in the wine and cheese, I explained why, and at the end of happy hour they offered to pour me a carafe to take back to the room for her. The staff asked if my wife preferred white or red. When I told her I didn't really know they poured a (healthy sized) carafe of each along with a big plate of cheese, crackers and home made dip for my wife to enjoy when she woke up. It was a very nice thing to do. My wife thought it was very nice. I also liked the fact they delivered coffee to our door each morning at the time we desired. No knocking or disturbing, just placing a great pot of hot coffee and biscoti on the doorstep each A.M.

I could go on. But suffice it to say that Honor Mansion is the only place we will ever stay in wine country. In fact, in my somewhat limited travels, I've told people the best inn owner I've ever run across was a guy named Luigi who runs an amazingly friendly B and B in Florence, Italy. (It used to be number one on Tripadvisor, might still be). But Luigi now has company. Steve and the staff at Honor Mansion run a world class inn, and I am so glad I made the choice to stay there. To all of you at Honor Mansion, thank you for being a big part of a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: Squire's cottage was nice and had its own private driveway for parking!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind compliments! We are just delighted to hear that you loved your vacation; we're so glad you felt you made the right decision in spending a little extra to experience the true four-diamond pampering we are passionate about delivering.

We love offering all of our little touches to make your stay here one of a kind, and we're so pleased that you appreciated every aspect of your stay.

We are truly honored that you consider us one of your favorite places in the world, and we cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Until then,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I stayed at Honor Mansion and we definitely plan to return. Our room was lovely and spacious. The hosts think of everything - early morning coffee and biscotti right outside the room, delicious breakfast in the parlor, wine and snacks in the late afternoon. I felt as if I were staying at Downton Abbey! The ground are lovely and we can hardly wait to come back in the summer to enjoy the pool and play some croquet. Convenient to all the great wineries.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review! We are so pleased that you loved your time in Healdsburg and had a relaxing getaway! We do think attention to detail is quite essential to a perfect stay, and we are so grateful that you appreciate our efforts.

It is such an honor to be compared to the beautiful Downton Abbey! We are so glad you felt treated like royalty here at the Honor Mansion!

Thank you again!

Warm Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful two-night stay at Honor Mansion for my birthday weekend. I can't say enough great things about this inn. The owners have thought of everything and are truly committed to making sure that each guest feels pampered. The staff was friendly and attentive, yet discreet. We had a late start on Friday heading up to Healdsburg from San Francisco. I called on the way and they promptly arranged for a late check-in. When we arrived, they had left a beautiful assortment of hors d’oeuvres and carafes of red and chilled white wine in our room. In addition, there was a delicious homemade chocolate chip birthday cake waiting for me, as well as a very nice bottle of Chardonnay to take home.

The inn is within walking distance from the center of town, and even though it was a cold winter night, we enjoyed the 15 min walk into town for dinner at Willi’s (Honor Mansion provided a lantern to light the way and also called ahead to put our names on the waitlist at the restaurant).

Saturday we spent wine tasting in Dry Creek Valley and went to most of the wineries on Steve’s list. It was Winter WINEland weekend, which we didn’t know when we booked our trip. We prefer to try smaller, family-owned wineries off the beaten path. Amanda at the concierge directed us to an excellent selection of wineries that were not participating in the wineland festival. In addition, she called ahead at two wineries (which were on the festival list) and the wineries agreed to let us in and gave us wine club member treatment! It seems that “Honor Mansion” is the golden ticket…every winery we went to waived our tasting fee when we mentioned we were guests of Steve and Cathi. And Steve’s list was spot on…we visited seven wineries in Dry Creek Valley and had the opportunity to taste a variety of interesting wines (not just the typical Zin as you would expect in Dry Creek).

On Saturday evening Honor Mansion hosted a wonderful happy hour of wine, cheese, and appetizers. It was warm enough (in January!) to sit out on the terrace by the pond. Afterwards we were quite full from the appetizers, which was just as well since dinner at Dry Creek Kitchen (while delicious) had very small portions.

Breakfasts at Honor Mansion both mornings were lovely. The buffet had a nice variety (eggs benedict, French toast, sausage), but it was possible to stick to the healthier options (fruit, yogurt, whole wheat toast) which is sometimes hard to come by at B&Bs.

Overall, it was an excellent stay and we felt very rested after our visit. The only disappointment was the pool was closed for the season, but they did offer passes to a nearby gym with pool and hot tub facilities. Next time, we would like to go back and stay during the warmer weather so that we can partake in the pool, outside patio, and an assortment of other activities they offer on site (croquet, tennis, basketball, etc.)

We highly recommend this inn, and it’s a particularly good option for those who are usually averse to B&Bs—at Honor Mansion you receive all the comforts of a resort (cleanliness, amenities, service) but with the more intimate, private setting of a B&B.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for writing such a detailed, amazing review of your stay! We are so honored that you enjoyed all the little aspects of your stay.

We are especially glad that you enjoyed your time wine tasting even though you were not attending Winter Wine Land; thank you so much for appreciating our efforts to help you have a great experience in finding the off-the-beaten-path wineries. We love giving our guests the insider information so that you can experience the true beauty Wine Country has to offer!

We do hope that next time you are able to visit, you can spend time taking full advantage all that our property has to enjoy! Again, thank you so much for appreciating our unique fusion of resort hotel and boutique inn--we are so happy that you loved your stay!

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Honor Mansion and we'll be back. Everything about the rooms, amenities, property, and staff is terrific. They really go the extra mile from start to finish and pay attention to the smallest detail. The rooms are very nicely furnished, the towels are super soft, and beds super comfortable. Availability of candy, cookies, wine, activities, flashlights, softdrinks, breakfast, DVDs, and winery and restaurant advice are all top notch. The location is only a little ways from town which means it is quiet and we can walk off a few calories. This B&B really stands above the rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We are so glad when previous guests find the time to visit us again, and we're pleased to hear that you loved this stay as well! We so appreciate all the details of your review and are quite humbled by your compliments.

We hope to see you again sometime!

Warm Regards,

Anaheim, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were welcomed with lemon water and homemade cookies. They showed us the room that we booked but told us they were upgrading us to a cottage! The Camelia room looked nice just like the picture and there were lots of little extras that are the same throughout the entire Mansion property. However, the squires cottage was the creme de la creme for us! We had a private driveway to park our car, a nice little deck to sit outside and read. The inside had a four poster bed with fabulous bedding. There was a loveseat in front of the fireplace and a carafe of sherry on the table along with a complimentary bottle of wine. I cannot say enough about this place. The rooms were immaculate. The grounds were magnificent, I only wish we had more time to take advantage of the putting green, the baci ball game, croquet and the beautiful pool. There were bottles of water everywhere for you to take. There were homemade goodies always in the living areas. We loved the roasted almonds dipped in dark chocolate and the dried persimmons also dipped in dark chocolate. The breakfasts were amazing and every morning at the time we specified they would deliver either hot coffee or tea at the door for you. It was a very comfortable place. The employees were all very helpful. The owner, Steve, gave us suggestions as to what wineries to visit. We loved his recommendations and were only sorry the trip was so short. We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: No restaurant but the breakfasts were excellent!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
foodieldy, Owner at Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
You are so sweet to write us such a lovely, descriptive review of so many of our little details! We believe that attention to detail is essential for a wonderful experience, and we are glad you appreciated our little touches.

We're so pleased you found everything to your liking and enjoyed your stay so much! Hopefully next time you come, you are able to enjoy the resort grounds and play a few games! Thank you so much for your review!

Steve, Cathi, & the Honor Mansion Staff

Been to Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort? Share your experiences!