“We just keep coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L & M Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
L & M Motel
Save Saved
You added L & M Motel to your Saves list
70 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg, CA 95448   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Healdsburg
Virginia Beach
“We just keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here twice while exploring wine country and it’s our favorite place to stay in Healdsburg, particularly now that the place has been “found” and rates everywhere else are so high. Heck, the L & M is a great place to stay period. Wanda owns and manages the “circa 1950’s” style motel that her great grandparents built. How cool is that? The rooms are cozy and clean with small patio seating and great landscaping. There’s a nice pool, picnic tables and chairs, a play area, cable television, free Internet, and some units even have kitchens. And then there’s the complimentary breakfast featuring Wanda’s homemade “soon to be famous” berry scones, fresh-brewed coffee, hard-boiled eggs, bananas, yogurt, and cereal. It’s a short drive to the town square that features more restaurants, shops and tasting rooms than you can possibly visit in one stay. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the l&m quite by misfortune as our car broke down on the 101 south 500+ miles from home. AAA towed us to the small town of Healdsburg in the heart of Sonoma county. We found that l&m was the only hotel in town that would take us and our three kids without a credit card. Kim the owner is wonderful and even took us into check on our car in her own personal car.Even though there were no rooms available for our second night in town she let us spend the day in the pool and gardens and offered to let us set up camp in the side yard so we wouldnt be out on the streets if no one cancelled! I would definitely come back here intentionally for a wine country vacation. You dont see this kind of generosity and small town love at the big guys (best western).

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This family owned gem was a true pleasure for me and my little crew. The well maintained rooms are nice and cozy. The truly wonderful aspect of the is property is the wonderful grounds and people that they typically accommodate. When we arrived we fired up the bbq and met some very fine folks. We ended up sharing food, wine, stories and an overall great time that evening. We will be back for sure! Thank you from the couple and the little dog Champ ladies!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at L&M Motel and hope to come back. The owner is very friendly and laid back, but helpful and responsive. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The motel has a fabulous, spacious lawn area with adirondack chairs, tables with umbrellas, and a fire pit. It was great to have outdoor space to enjoy the beautiful weather at night. Excellent continental breakfast with homemade blueberry scones, yogurt, and fruit. We walked into town both nights of our stay - it takes less than 10 minutes to walk to the town square. And it's a 5 minute walk to The Parish Cafe - where you absolutely must go for breakfast and lunch!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I am always attracted to quaint, my husband not so much. I managed to convince my husband to stop in at this charming motel. What a gem in a world that not many places of this caliber still exist. The rooms are extremely clean with modest modern décor-not fancy just right. The grounds are impeccable with whimsical décor and splashes of color. The owners are very accommodating, helpful and the nicest people you could ask for. Their daughter and her dog Zeus are a wonderful addition to the hospitality of this establishment, I wish I could say that about my American Bully, Lucy. She recommended a delightful restaurant just what we needed after a long days drive. The fresh rosemary sprigs in the bathroom was a nice touch, I have a plant in my backyard, I cut some as soon as I got home to try to have some of my amazing experiences of our trip last a little longer. I forgot to mention I have never reviewed anything online before, but felt compelled to give this wonderful establishment the publicity it deserves.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This sweet little motel reminded me of when I used to vacation with my grandparents in the 70's. We were greeted by Wanda, the great granddaughter of the folks who built the motel. Wanda is as sweet as she can be and prepares a very nice little breakfast each morning for her guests-the scones are delicious! The rooms are simple and clean. We slept quite well and although the motel is right off of the freeway, it was very quiet. Downtown Healdsburg is a quick walk around the corner making this motel a real deal on your pocketbook while being close to shopping and wine tasting. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were in room 17 which was off to the side and more private.