“Wonderfull Place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Vancouver, Washington
“Wonderfull Place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

No price jacking for extended stay like other places in town check in and extend at same rate. Walking distance to Hayward airport, Clean Room, Friendly Staff, Satellite TV, Pretty Quiet "just normal city noises" not much for night life in the area in walking distance except for a local Mexican dive bar across the street but friendly to out of towners. The pizza place that is across the street has really good pizza and free delivery to your room. Stay away from the Vietnamese restaurant the food and service is poor and you dont get what is on the description on the menu. There is Laundry Mat around the corner is low cost and has same-day fast service. I will say at the days inn again for sure..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
BOULDER CREEK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've stayed here twice, about a year apart. My room was very clean, the staff kind and helpful. Granted, I came from the Santa Cruz mountains, where "quiet" is a given - but despite my sensitivity to noise, the room was comfortably quiet (for being on a major city street). I would happily book another reservation here, given the opportunity and need. I enjoyed nice chats with manager each morning at breakfast - which was tasty and abundant. Great value, all around, for the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Montvale NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This was a place I chose simply on the lowest price. It's very affordable, but there are many concessions. It is right next to the highway, so the hotel is fairly noisy. The rooms are OK for sleeping, but not very clean or well maintained. The location is convenient for highway access, and there is plenty of dining nearby. It's has a fairly gritty feel to it, but it offers all the basics a low budget traveler would need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
So. California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Days Inn Hayward has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in including the one I rented in Phoenix AZ that came with no drapes on the window and a cat that had defecated all over the room prior to check in.

It was supposed to be a non-smoking room which it clearly was not. It was supposed to be handicap accessible, which they called it based on one grab bar inside the bath tub that no handicap person could possibly get into to reach said grab bar. On entering the room the lights failed to work. The desk clerk repeatedly jumped up smacking the light fixture until it finally glowed dimly. His explanation was they were energy saving bulbs and sometimes took some doing to get to light.

They printed out a contract saying I would be billed a $200 cleaning fee if it was determined I smoked anything but tobacco in the room (remember, this is supposed to be a non-smoking room to begin with.) and that I would be billed for any damage. I hand wrote on the contract that I would not be paying for the broken chair in the room. The clerk offered to remove the chair from the room, I said that would be good, but he never made any attempt to remove the chair.

While I was standing outside the room I noticed the local sheriff going through the parking lot running all the license plates of the vehicles there. I found myself hoping they would make numerous trips through the lot although I did not see them again, even when my car alarm went off.

The surrounding area was apparently near enough to a hospital that we heard sirens until we finally gave up and left at 4am, over tired with a long ride ahead.

On arriving home I was going over my credit card statements to find that in addition to charging me for the room, I was being charged an additional $181.80 with no explanation. Since these charges were made on 1-13-11 this was weeks before our stay which was on 1-30-11. I contacted my credit card company and am contesting these charges, but now believe I will have to keep an eagle eye on the statements that come in to insure they have not charged me for more things not authorized. In addition to staying away from all Days Inn's in future, I also would avoid using hotelplanner.com to book any stays.

Hotelplanner.com was unavailable by telephone to discuss the billing problem and was not helpful when called to verify the handicap accommodations supposedly available at the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy let alone a friend.

Added note: they have free internet but since it is not secured in anyway, it is not safe to use.

• Stayed January 2011
Brigham City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed three nights and felt I got a good value for the money spent. The owners/managers were pleasant and accomodating. Room was on the 3rd floor, but the elevator worked fine. Some freeway noise, but not too noticable when doors and windows were closed. Nice bed and I liked the five pillows. Good flat screen TV, but was harder to select channels with satellite service remote than my cable remote at home. I had to drive a couple of miles to fine suitable restaurants. Continental breakfast spartan but adequate. The room was clean and had maid service daily. Fridge, microwave, iron and board and hair dryer all worked and were clean. Not a resort motel, but I would recommend this Days Inn to anyone wanting a comfortable room without spending a lot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

My trip to the days inn in hayward was delightfully pleasant. I called ahead and all the basic rooms were booked so we took a suite for ten dollars more. The man at the desk was extremely helpful in facilitating this process. The room was quite spacious and square shaped bed was comfortable, big enough for like 3 or 4 people!

the only issue was the loud water pipes when someone above us used the shower.
otherwise good economical stay

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Rooms were clean and staff was accommadating and it was convenient for my business purpose.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Hayward Airport? Share your experiences!