“TThe value is good. The bed linens are clean. The lighting...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21800 Foothill Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94541   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Merced, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I made my reservation online for 3 nights (Dec. 26 - 28, 2012): 1 queen-sized bed, frig, coffeemaker, free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. I was given room 347 (which also had a microwave and hairdryer). Total cost with 10% AAA discount was $162.00.

At 11:00 p.m. on my first night, while using the sink for the first time, it backed up and water was leaking from the pipe under the sink onto the tiled floor. I put the ice bucket under the sink to catch the water and put a bath towel down onto the floor, then immediately called down to the front desk. A man answered and when I told him of the problem, I was disconnected. When I called back, he answered the phone as if we hadn’t just spoken. I repeated that water was leaking out of the pipe. He then asked me what I wanted him to do. I repeated that water was on the floor and he said he would be right up. He came up, turned the water on and off several times, looked under the sink several times, and then asked me what I did to clog the sink. When I informed him that I did not clog it, I was using it for the first time, he then asked me if I had washed my hair in it. When I told him I had not washed my hair and informed him again that this was the first time I had used the sink and had not put anything down it, he then stated that maintenance would not be available until the morning and there was nothing he could do. He asked me again what I wanted him to do. I then asked him what he was doing to do. He suggested that he could move me to a different room either that night or the next morning. I chose that night since I was going to be out the following day.

He left and then called me about 10 minutes later and stated room 343 was available and asked me to come down to the desk to pick up the key. I stated that since I was packing up my things, it would be more convenient if he came up and gave me the key. He came up, and while handing me the key stated the room had a king-sized bed, but he wouldn’t charge me extra for it. He stated that’s all he had to offer because all the other non-smoking rooms were taken (however, the parking lot only had a few cars in it, including mine). He also stated to make sure I closed the door completely to room 347 since he didn’t want anyone staying in it that shouldn’t be there; something about anyone on the street could come in. I assured him I would make sure the door was locked after I left, which I did.

I had no problems with room 343 and it was fine the remainder of my stay, although it didn’t have a microwave. The room was clean and had no outside noise. Housekeeping did a very good job.

A continental breakfast was offered, but I did not utilize it. However, it was in the main lobby of the building, which is tiny with no tables/chairs. If you wanted any of the items, you would have to take what you wanted with you or stand at the counter.

I am giving this motel an average rating because of the treatment I received by, I’m assuming, the manager. I was not offered an apology for my inconvenience and was treated as if I had done something wrong. The manager, upon giving me the other room, treated me as if he was doing me a favor. He was very abrupt, was very unprofessional, and his treatment towards me was uncalled for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown

Address: 21800 Foothill Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94541
Location: United States > California > Hayward
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown Hotel Hayward
Super 8 Hayward
Super Eight Hayward
Hayward Super Eight
Hayward Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel Hayward Downtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.