“Good value at a good price.” 3 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   410 West "A" Street, Hayward, CA 94541   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Hayward
California
“Good value at a good price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed here recently and had a good experience. The price was fair and it was very convenient for my needs. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend for anyone looking for an inexpensive stay and doesn't need anything fancy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The rooms smelled like smoke eventhough it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The walls and bathtub were filthy. It seems that some people (most of them probably up to no good) stay long-term. There were under aged girls with our group who were harassed by men staying at the hotel, manager was insensitive. Did not feel safe or comfortable during our stay. Had to place furniture in front of our door to feel secure. Overall, staying at this hotel was an unpleasant experience; I do not recommend this hotel at all!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Northern Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Well, this was a learning experience...you get what you pay for at $53.00/night. If this hotel were $10.00/night then maybe i wouldnt complain. Well, when we checked in, we had to stand outside, it was soooo cold, and the girl was taking forever. She looked like she was 18-20 years old, and she had 3-4 of her friends in the lobby with her who weren't helping our check in process go any faster by distracting her. Well, when we got our room key, it was a room with 1 bed, we needed 2...so back to the outside window again to try to get their attention to get a different room. The girl was hesitant to give me a key to the room she had available on the ground floor, and said i could "go look at it" so i did, and came right back, it was really trashy. So we got a room on the 3rd floor. They did have an elevator, but it smelled so BAD, i only used it when i had to take my luggage upstairs it smelled strongly of urine and pine sol, disgusting! When we got in our room, there was no coffee pot and no alarm clock. There wasnt even a bible in the room. The beds were questionable. One of them had hair in it...at this point, i should have left, but it was getting late, and i had to get up early the next day. We cranked up the heater, because it was cold in the room. I will say the shower was decent. In the middle of the night, i kept waking up because i was so cold, i checked the heater, it was running, but the room was so cold, i had to put on all my clothes, get under the covers and put my coat on top of me, i couldnt sleep because i was cold. We had reserved 2 nights, but we checked out after the 1st night, with some difficulty i might add, the front desk girl was adament about they dont give refunds, i kept telling her i just want you to credit back my card for the night we are not going to need, she finally, after a struggle, did credit my card back the one night we didnt stay, and wanted to know why we werent staying. I told her the room was just too cold for starters, i didnt have to say everything that was wrong, i'm sure she has heard all this before. Anyway, stay away from cheap hotels, you get what you pay for and if it looks sketchy when you get there, go stay somewhere else. Its worth a good nights sleep! ;)

• Liked — I think this place should be for homeless people who would appreciate a roof. Not paying customers.
  • Disliked — lack of heat, lack of concern by the staff, lack of cleanliness (chairs were really stained) gross didnt sit on them at all.
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

All I can say is that this place was disgusting! I went with the cheaphotels rating which was my first mistake. No fridge in the room. I asked for a non smoking room and instead got a smoking room. The rooms were filtly. The bed sunk in the center and I woke up with my back killing me. Spider webs, mold in the bathroom, blood on the bed linens, vomit stained carpet on the path to the restroom that was obviously left to dry. Lord only knows what type of stains were on the walls. Need I say more? Well, probably not but I will. I was absolutely appauled by the condition of this place. I realize that you get what you pay for sometimes but I also believe that at the very least you should get some decent accomodations or at least sanitary ones for your money. We had a beautiful view of the 880 highway and all the noise that comes with it and right outside our window we had views of the barbed wire fence. If you think this is an exaggeration? Guess again. I literally went out and bought a bed linen set and blankets just to be able to lie down on that bed. I complained but had purchased online and the hotel would not refund my money for the 2 night stay. Buyer BEWARE!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — I have never in my life had a worse experience and I use hotels at least once a month for the past 20 years
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
sacramento ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

Do not stay here unless you are a dirtbag.

The advertising for this hotel is a LIE!

There was NO coffee maker, NO breakfast, the phone did not work, the bed was AWFUL and the room was not even clean.
this place is LOUD, FILTHY and UNSAFE!!!

This is not a place for business people
Its for low lifes.

People came in and out of rooms all night long
And they were not checking in but looking to score.

Upon check in the guy in the room next door tried to attack me with a baseball bat as he thought I was too loud.

I called the cops and they told me they are very aware of
illegal activity here.

Also this is a VERY bad area of this horrible city
Stay somewhere else and be safe.

Stayed June 2007
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

We booked this hotel for a weeklong vacation at Thanksgiving to the Bay Area. Requested a king non-smoking, and called to confirm. Upon arrival, we found that the only king room was a smoking room, so we took a double. No refrigerator in room (they told me they only had two that they moved around and some Japanese businessmen were using them), no coffee makers, no clocks in room, no dataports in room, no irons in room. We asked for these items and were told that they could get us a coffee maker, but had no coffee packs for the machines. We got an iron without difficulty, but they didn't want to find us a clock, since they said that we could just call the front desk for wakeup calls or to find out what time it was. After asking a second time of a different employee, they finally hunted us up a clock. The "dataport" meant that you had to unplug the telephone and use that wall jack, and you had to have your own telephone number to an ISP in order to dial up.

The pool was closed, and the hot tub didn't exist. The first morning, we awoke to what sounded like a very hard rainstorm, only to realize that the sound of pouring "rain" was actually water coming into our bathroom out of the light fixture from the room above. We complained and were given a new room that was supposedly a non-smoking king, but smelled strongly of smoke. The second night (and every subsequent night) there were doors slamming, drug deals in the room next door, walls so thin you could hear the television in the next room, and what appeared to be several prostitutes operating from various rooms. Two times during our stay, our electronic room key stopped working, locking us out of our room.

The continental breakfast consisted of Fruit Loops, packaged sweet rolls, coffee, juice that was starting to ferment, milk that we witnessed the carton left out overnight, and mini bagels. No fruit, no healthy cereal. Most of the time, there was little to no food out, and you had to go ask at the desk. One morning, when we asked for bagels (as there were none), we were told to just have a sweet roll. The website said that breakfast was served from 6-10 a.m., but in reality it was from 7-9:00 a.m., and when they said 9:00 they meant it. We went to eat on Saturday morning at 8:45 and, while I was waiting behind other people to use the toaster, a staff person came in and started to take food away while we were still preparing plates. She emptied the coffee pot and put the milk and juice away, pushing between hotel guests and removing food baskets that people were still serving from.

In retrospect, we laugh about the "deal" I found online, but my boyfriend says that he will never let me book a room again. Or maybe you just shouldn't believe photos posted online and a glowing description that the hotel itself posts. Maybe I should have looked for reviews from travelers. But, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2004
manteca ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

Hummm.... Where do we start?? Paid in cash. 1st mistake. Do NOT, I repeat NOT believe the amenities offered. There are no Fridges, Microwaves or Coffee Makers in these rooms. There was a hole in the wall. TV NOT 25", much smaller. Gangs hanging from 3rd floor railings. Drug deals in the Parking Lot. Ladies of the night plying their trade. Staff unfriendly, uncaring, try to be very intimidating, with Homeless men hanging out in the office.

AVOID AT ALL COST ! ! ! ! ! OR IT WILL COST YOU.......

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!