“Stay away, it's pretty gross. Pictures are a joke. Wife cried for fear.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn

Save Saved
You added Heritage Inn to your Saves list
Heritage Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   410 West "A" Street, Hayward, CA 94541   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Tustin, California
“Stay away, it's pretty gross. Pictures are a joke. Wife cried for fear.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Now that I see the pictures on travel sites, the pictures look decent, but it is not. I'm not mad at them--it was a cheap rate and a bad decision to stay there. This is an honest review. It was the worst place I've ever stayed--like a bad studio apartment that was set up but not cleaned very well. The carpet had lots of stains, the bed frame was too small for the bed so it sagged on the end, the shower tile had cracks, the bathroom had "interesting" hair, the towel rack looked like it had been ripped off the wall and replaced 10 times. Worst of all was the feeling (and smell) outside that made it feel unsafe. My wife cried. We almost ate the (non-refundable) money we paid online just to not stay there. The woman at the desk gave us the last non-smoking room (though it still smelled of smoke), and was mildly nice, or we were out. The only other positive thing I can say is that I learned a valuable lesson. Learn from my mistake and don't stay there.

Room Tip: Be wary of offers in Hayward w/o the name.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
hayward, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

The worst booked online because pics looked presentable, got there, cashier had baby their, rooms omg! the bed was broke down, stains and a bad stinch in non smokingg room, homeless people and hookers in and out. never againg in MILLION years, they have more reasonable upper class hotels that are fresca, and relaxing take time go online

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
hayward, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I am not the type that complains. It takes a lot for me to say any negative feedback unless if I am being overly mistreated.

I have stayed in different hotels and even the cheapest motels all over the US and this one was the worst! When I saw the location and looks from the outside, I didn't want to judge the book by its cover so me and my 2 kids checked-in the room. The bathroom was dirty and the bathtub had mold. We decided to not take a bath. A couple of hours later, we saw a cockroach crawling on the wall! I killed it and still brushed it off. I was in-denial and I was thinking that I didn't need a fancy hotel to just sleep in. The next thing that got me was the dirty switches on the airconditioning system then the dirty, dusty wrappers of the soap which was the last thing I expected to be dirty! Wouldn't you think they clean the room, at least only the few things that need to be sanitary?! After that, I wanted to re-assure myself that I wasn't just being paranoid, so I checked the drawers and blankets and found random dirt and crumbs of food which probably attracted the cockroach in the first place! eewwww!

I called the front desk to change my room and she hesitated because I was supposedly in the room longer than when they are able to legally change it. I didn't know when the cockroach was coming!

The next room I stayed in was a bit cleaner than the first. However, I couldn't sleep because I was so itchy on the bed and I stayed up watching my kids, making sure that they don't get bit by any crawling creatures!

I called the front desk, wanting to speak to the manager and he started to speak to me rudely and defensively. He was not trying to apologize of sympathize at all! I wasn't even requesting for any refunds, simply for his attempt to apologize and at least offer some time of compensation!

I can keep going forever....

Over all, the worst place to even just sleep in!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Wouldn't recommend if you have children, You didn't want them to touch the floor!! I should've looked at the room before I paid!! Loud parties/traffic in and out..Didn't get a good nights rest!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Wen i first saw my room for the week I couldnt believe my eyes!!! The floor was covered with stains and ashes. The walls were dirty and there was mold in the bathroom and tub. I only got 2 towels for 3 ppl and they said at the desk only two towels per room no matter how many guests. WOW!! GHETTO!!! I requested a fridge and microwave with my reservation and didnt get one even thought i asked on a daily basis. I was told to come in EVERY morning to see if a fridge was avaliable. BUT i NEVER got one! Some CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! Not only that, there was no iron, no ice, pool was closed and had NASTY RUST stains on the bottom, the elevator smelled like pee, no breakfast in the morning!!! There was DRUG trafficing,ladies of the night in everyother room, ppl yelling in the parking lot till 4am, weirdos knocking on my door (looking for someone who used to live in the room i stayed in) and apparently a manager who LIVES ON THE PROPERTY but did nothing to keep the noise down. He was out on the top floor having a screaming match with some yng gang bangers at 3am!!!! OMG!!!! It seems to me he needs a new line of work because he CLEARLY CAN NOT RUN THIS HOTEL!!!!!! Please save ur self a head ache and BED BUG BITES (seriously my bf was bit and i looked online and the Heritage has tons of complaints about BED BUGS) Its cheap but u get wat u pay for!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
stockton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

AHHH, there was a BUG IN OUR BED! O.k. For an last minute over nite stay in the bay (for a funeral) we decided to go the "cheap" route in order to spare our family the incovience of "crowding-in" 5 more people. With that said, our EXPECTATIONS were LOW, we figured paying $45.00 for 2queen beds with the intention of only using the room for sleep, and shower how BAD could it be? Well, upon arrival, the Carpet was FILTHY,(my white socks turned brown) there was a TURD in the toilet, a trick to viewing the T.V., and OH yeah, the room smelled MUSTY! After all this, the FUNNY part about our visit was the fact that we were denied 1 extra pillow, and 1sheet for our 2year old who would be sleeping in a his playpen, because "Oh no, we don't do that here." (as per the nite window worker who looked HIGH) Thank-goodness for our jackets! Also, one would think that the Inn would at least provide 1 TOWEL per/person, uhh..NO. 5people= 2bath towels, YEAH! Some how we had to "Work that Out". Finally, we were awoken about 4 a.m. by people arguing in the parking lot, but couldn't call the front desk because in order to use the phone in the room you have to be o.k. with an additional $10 to the deposit . (good thing we didn't have a GENUINE emergency) In all, the VALUE, LOCATION, Room SIZE, and BED comfort was GOOD, if... you want to be adventurous and can get past the SCAREY, and GROSS, factor! Recommendation=THE BEST WESTERN down the street, or ( inconvience your relatives ha/ha)!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed here recently and had a good experience. The price was fair and it was very convenient for my needs. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend for anyone looking for an inexpensive stay and doesn't need anything fancy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!