“Hayward convenience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
charlotte, United States
“Hayward convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great hotel for taking BART. Restaurants and shops nearby are good quality. Room was comfortable and staff very courteous. Breakfast has excellent choices...eggs (hard boiled and scrambled!), waffles, meat, lots of extras.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for staying at La Quinta Inn & Suites here in Hayward, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a great 6 day stay here. Rooms were comfortable, close to the Oakland airport and great breakfast options in the morning. Also great staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Even saved us money by recommending the BART and taking us there! Would totally stay again if I came back to the Bay Area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
It's so nice to here you had a great stay with us. Our staff prides themselves on helping every guest have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is a little outdated and the aroma in the air confirms that. It is right next to the Hayward Exec airport. The Oakland airport (OAK) is about a 15 minute drive up the interstate. The rooms appeared to be clean, but I think the age of the place kind of leaves you with a questionable feeling. It is a slightly larger La Quinta with several conference and meeting rooms. The bed was decent; did its job. Wasn't a terrible stay, but wasn't the greatest either.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We agree the hotel is showing its age. We are in the process of a full renovation. I hope the next time you travel to Hayward you come see our progress.
OAKLAND, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is my second time staying at this location and both times were good with the exception of my last visit. There was mildew stains on the sheets that were on my bed and there was another customer who had two huge dogs and I had to wait for ten minutes for them to get on the elevator. I don't have a problem with animals, I just feel the should be a size limit to ensure the comfort ability of other guests.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your response. I am sorry you had some issues while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to my Housekeeping Manager, and she will make sure to discuss with her staff so something like this doesn't happen again. We hope you will give us another try next time you're visiting the Hayward area.
Hayward, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

So im here currently (10 June 14); checked in yesterday (Mon.) and im gunna be here till Sat., most likely. I checked in here, NOT because of the price - which is ridiculously high, NOT because of the customer service - which is hit and miss, i checked in here because i moved to Oakland at 2am on Mon., and after looking at hotels with nothing but Indian owners (think im being racist, email me and ill give you the names of the hotels and you can be the judge) and no one wanted to rent to me with my dogs; so after working for six hours (after being up since 2am and now its 6pm) i needed a place to stay, and fast. Since im moving to San Leandro and my work is in Castro Valley i thought, thought, that Hayward would be the best place to stay, nope.

Customer Service: Hit and miss, and i mean literally. One minute they are nice, the next they have an attitude.

Price: Nope! They explain it away as it's company policy; i know this isnt true, yes, for a fact, literally, this is a lie; if they tell you their price fluctuates on vacancy, you can see the brown in thier eyes and smell it on thier breath.

Room: I can hear it when my neighbors open and close thier doors, but not anything else, except for the A-hole upstairs, above me who keeps dropping stuff at 5am, and if i wasnt here to start a new life....nvm, im ranting. The room is old. The bathrooms look dirty even though they were supposedly just cleaned - i say supposedly 'cause it doesnt look that way, but then again, i could just be an anal-retentive clean freak, im not, but maybe im in denial. The TV is nice, the bed is 'eh, sheets are not "ribbed for my pleasure", but they are ribbed, yes, ribbed. There's working A/C and fan; i can open the window all the way and it smelt clean.

Neighborhood: It's a neighborhood, nothing more, nothing less, but it aint 'scary' as one reviewer stated.

Deposit: There's an automatic $100 deposit added to your bill, i dont know how that makes me feel about the clientele they are used to having. And this is for everyone, not just pet owners.

That's about it, it really is a 3 out of 5 stars, not great, but not bad, but definitely not what im used to at a La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a very detailed review. I'm sorry you did not feel our staff was accommodating to your needs, I will defiantly address your concerns with our Guest Service Associates. In regards to our rate, I can assure you it is not a lie; La Quinta has what’s called dynamic pricing. It’s tiered pricing and is based on occupancy. The further out you book, the better rate you receive. We do competitive shop surveys in the area, and our pricing is inline with sister hotels in the area. Rate integrity is very important and we recognize that. We acknowledge that our rooms are tired, and we are excited to say we are approved and scheduled for a multi million dollar renovation starting very soon.
Ventura, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and Chabot College. I have stayed there in the past and not had any problems, but on this last visit, the room I was in smelled like pet urine and mildew. Other visitors reported getting bug bites while sleeping. It is usually quiet, though, and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation very soon. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finished produced. I'm so sorry your room was not up to par, I will discuss with our housekeeping staff, and use your feedback as a training tool.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!