“DO NOT STAY HERE.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Vancouver, Canada
“DO NOT STAY HERE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I've been here for a week. I have taken three cold showers and have had to return to the front desk seven times to have my key card reactivated (and I'm not the only one so it isn't an issue of my cell phone rubbing it). They have one boiler and do laundry all night to deal with it. When the washer and dryers are working, the entire room is shaking. The 'free high-speed wireless' is shaky and often doesn't work. And the 'fitness room' is a hole.

There are great things about this hotel- the room is clean, the service staff is EXCELLENT, and the location is pretty great. However, it seems that whoever is managing/owns this company has no clue how to run it. I feel bad for the people who have to work here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Akron, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is my second stay at this hotel. The room (#227) was clean but did have an odor everytime I enetered the room but did not notice after a few minutes. The bathroom was okay, the shower was nice since it had some good water pressure. The room was facing the local executive airport so during the day you could hear the constant sound of planes but none at night. The breakfast bar was a little better than average as it had hot and cold choices. (Biscuits and gravy two mornings and scrambled eggs and sausage the other, with potatoes every day). They include a free USA today in the lobby area. Speaking of which the lobby is nice and large. They have a pool but it is outdoors. Of the hotels that we have stayed at over the years in Hayward this one is one of the better ones for the money spent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Akron, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

This hotel was nice comapred to others that I have stayed out in Hayward. My room did not have a bacony but most of the other room did. (not that I would have used it) Room did have a musty smell when I frst got into the rrom, but turning on the heater seemed to fix the issue as I did not notice it the rest of the stay. Beds were comfortable. If you have to stay in Hayward, CA, this hotel would be a good choice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

First, we should give credit to the property. Although it shows some signs of wear, it is generally clean, not too pricey, well-equipped and convenient to the Oakland Airport, especially if you are needing to be on the Hayward side. However, if you are looking for anything resembling service, go somewhere else. The staff isn't quite rude, but your role as a customer or their possible responsibility to care for you just doesn't cross their mind. We encountered 8 staff members and not one of them showed signs of competency or care. Each encounter was at such a low level of service, we can't even think of one example of even average quality communication and follow-through.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hayward, Ca.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Don't park your car outside this hotel you may find it broken into!! I stayed here on corporate buisness and found the staff to be incompetent at best. I also had my car broken into. Staff wanted to accept no responsibility in the matter saying "We accept no responsibility for the contents of your car in our parking lot". Will recommend to our corporate offices not to do buisness with this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
San Fransisco, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The desk should be a little less picky about whether we use the credit card we made reservations with or another one that your hotel accepts. The reservation was made by my son and he had to come down to the hotel to check me in. Also I have had people call me and the desk would tell them I was not at the hotel, even though I was still checked in. Also the staff on my last visit would put incoming calls to me on hold for minutes on end hoping they would hang up so they would not have to deal with them or they would miss direct the calls to the wrong room and the voicemail did not pickup during calls. Not a good hotel for business travellers if you are depending on their phone service. Otherwise it's a nice budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

As we walked through the door we were caught up in a very large group being very noisey - it was hard even to hear desk clerk. People in next room talking in normal vocies but could plainly be heard, so the people above who were "at it all night :-}" were even more pronounced. The breakfast would have been ok but had to WAIT for all the day laborers (Home Depot is next door) to get their fill hummmm I paid full price and these people show up for a free breakfast, so, no sleep and left overs. Thanks for a horrible stay, by the way when we checked out the clerk did not even say thanks, he just wanted to make sure his "brothers" were fed breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!