“Won't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   835 West A St., Hayward, CA 94541 (Formerly MainStay Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Sierra Vista AZ
“Won't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I stayed here in Sept. '09 with a girlfriend on a leisure trip. Then it was just okay, but we were told renovations were underway. So when hubby and I planned a trip to visit family in Dec. we chose this since it was convenient and had the mini kitchens. We stayed 5 nights. The place is STILL undergoing reno, hardly any rooms were filled, and the one we had was way below average. The room above us had people in it for the last two nights of our stay and the noise was TERRIBLE!! The floors in our unit (#108) were filthy. The carpets made my feet/socks BLACK and there was visible dirt in the corners of the kitchen and bathroom floors. The wallpaper was torn and dirty, light switches were grubby and dirty, and the loveseat/sofa was dirty, tacky and full of stains. I re-washed all the dishes before we used them as I found the flatware sticky and greasy upon arrival. We had to call the manager to help get the closet door open. The bed was placed right up against the closet wall and the only way we could get the door open was to put the bed at an angle to barely open the door. This was POOR planning! The manager who was on duty when we checked in was excellent. He was helpful and friendly and was the only redeeming factor in our trip. We will not stay here again, even if reno is done.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Clevelant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I enjoyed my four day stay here. It had a more personal feel to it , not overly large like some. The suite had and unexpected bonus for me.. A fridge , microwave, stove w/ kitchen ware and dishwasher what more can you ask for !.
I will be back !

Sonya watson

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — time
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chico, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

We stayed here for the weekend after reading the other trip advisors. After arriving we noticed how filthy our room was. The couch was so dirty we wouldn't even sit on it. In the bathroom everything was dirty but what was the topper was the hairy mold growing above the shower. All the pillow cases had stains and then another room had a big whole in their sheets (we were staying with a group of 10 rooms). Then there was a big whole in our screen of the window. There is a bar right next door with loud music which would be OK but the walls are paper thin, so you can even hear the person in the next room snoring.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — cleaniness
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

The suite is like a furnished studio apartment with full size refrig, half size stove and all the kitchen ware like dishes, bowl, forks, spoon ...etc. The sofa is a sofa bed and the bed is extremely comfortable.

If you don't need fancy lobby but just a convenient place to stay for weeks, this seems to be a great choice. There are many fortune 500 companies around and many business relocation people use this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

We're a family of six and finding one room to accomodate all of us is usually quite difficult if not impossible. I was very impressed by the kitchen facilities of MainStay, the wonderful front desk people (I think we met at least 4 or 5 different people during our week long stay) and the security. We showed up around 11pm or later on a weekday after traveling all day (from the Mexico/Belize border) and I was a little worried leaving the rental in the lot. There were a number of teens hanging around and I wondered if people weren't simply living in the hotel. The hanging around teens were WONDERFUL though and I never felt the least bit unsafe. The beds were ok and hte sofabed was awful but everything was quite clean and the kitchen was wonderfully stocked. The breakfast was a BOON to my 4 sugar loving kids but it would be nice to throw some protein in with all the sugar stuff. I would definitely recommend Mainstay Suites in Hayway; you're walking distance to Target, Goodwill and a grocery store too! One caveat; their norm for housekeeping is every other day; not daily. But you can ask for daily service.

• Liked — kitchen, front desk staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — internet was constantly up and down such that we simply didn't use it
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

I had just moved to the Bay Area, and was having trouble getting my living arrangements finalized. I originally had my reservations at MainStay for 1 week, on the 7th day pushed it back to 2 weeks, and on the 14th day pushed it back 3 more days. The staff were always polite and accomodating, housekeeping made up my room 5-6 times per week (more than expected). The room was very clean, full size fridge, dishwasher, 2 burner rangetop, microwave....very easy to cook your own food and save money.

The Hayward area doesn't have much to offer, but there is a Target and strip mall 1/2 block away (and of couse a Starbucks), as well as an excellent Sushi bar across the street. There is a BART station about 1.75 miles away, I never felt unsafe walking to and from there, even at night.

Hopefully this is my last time in Hayward, but I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a modestly priced hotel in the East Bay.

• Liked — value for the price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

Stayed two nights, 1st. night no complaints, 2nd night arrived back at hotel at 8 pm, room hadn't been cleaned. Waited an hour for fresh towels. Room next door had a huge party with screaming, slamming doors, and pounding noises that lasted until 3:30 am. Called front desk at 10:30 pm with complaint and they were no help. 100% satisfaction room guarantee was NOT honored. Beware.

• Disliked — Service was horrible
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay there
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!