“If you clean your car on a regular basis you'd probably be better off sleeping in it.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   835 West A St., Hayward, CA 94541 (Formerly MainStay Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the filthiest Choice Hotels I've stayed in, and I stay in this chain 5-10 days a month across the US. OK, there were no bed bugs, I always check. The bed was made although I'm not sure the sheets had been washed. They were old. The floor had not been vacuumed and you could see pieces of someone else's history stuck everywhere on the carpet. The table/workspace had not been wiped clean. The dishes had a greasy residue... etc. You get the picture. Worst of all, when I tried to wash a cup there were human hairs stuck in the dishcloth and drying towel. Holy $#@%! Stay away from this one. I wouldn't stay here again if they payed me their going rate. When I checked out early and told the front desk person why I was leaving sooner than planned (her hotel was a rat hole) she asked me if I wanted another room. Really?

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

Not clean at all. Grossed me out. I feel very dirty being in the room. I wish I would have brought cleaning supplies with me.

• Stayed December 2011
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I travel to the Bay Area a lot for work and was looking for a place I liked and would like to return to when I am in the area. The photos of this hotel looked nice. In reality it was among the filthiest hotel I have stayed in 15 years. And I have stayed in a lot of hotels. I was booked for 3 nights this trip. I stayed only one night and if it hadn't been such a long day I wouldn't have stayed at all. It is awful.

Room Tip: My tip: Don't stay here/ You will regret it. Filth abounds.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

i have stayed here a few times, alays feel at home here. good location for san fransisco.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Inman, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is a hotel for people on a budget. It is designed for extended stay. With that in mind it is a secure budget hotel, with a staff that tries to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are small but you have a stove, mico, refrig, work desk chairs, lounge chair and bed on in a small room. My room was clean and comfortable. When on a budget I would not hesitate to stay here

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sierra Vista AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I stayed here in Sept. '09 with a girlfriend on a leisure trip. Then it was just okay, but we were told renovations were underway. So when hubby and I planned a trip to visit family in Dec. we chose this since it was convenient and had the mini kitchens. We stayed 5 nights. The place is STILL undergoing reno, hardly any rooms were filled, and the one we had was way below average. The room above us had people in it for the last two nights of our stay and the noise was TERRIBLE!! The floors in our unit (#108) were filthy. The carpets made my feet/socks BLACK and there was visible dirt in the corners of the kitchen and bathroom floors. The wallpaper was torn and dirty, light switches were grubby and dirty, and the loveseat/sofa was dirty, tacky and full of stains. I re-washed all the dishes before we used them as I found the flatware sticky and greasy upon arrival. We had to call the manager to help get the closet door open. The bed was placed right up against the closet wall and the only way we could get the door open was to put the bed at an angle to barely open the door. This was POOR planning! The manager who was on duty when we checked in was excellent. He was helpful and friendly and was the only redeeming factor in our trip. We will not stay here again, even if reno is done.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Clevelant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

I enjoyed my four day stay here. It had a more personal feel to it , not overly large like some. The suite had and unexpected bonus for me.. A fridge , microwave, stove w/ kitchen ware and dishwasher what more can you ask for !.
I will be back !

Sonya watson

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — time
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!