“Typical Fairfield Inn - Renovated but still Average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Delray Beach, Florida
“Typical Fairfield Inn - Renovated but still Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here for four nights. The front desk was helpful and worked hard to find me a room when my flight was canceled. Which was great. Nice new lobby, decent parking. 7-Eleven & a Starbucks just in front of the hotel.

My was room was updated and was quiet. Make sure you ask for a room away from the entrance ramp on CA 92.

The average rating was based on my experience with the cleanliness of the room. I even asked the cleaning person to come back in again to address the issues I found in the room when I first checked in. The toilet was had 'gunk' around the rim and hairs in the corners of the bathroom. Gave me the impression of a cheap motel. I then started to look more closely and found the sheets had a stain and room itself need a good dusting, I don't typically see that at a Marriott property. I told the front desk and they had someone come an clean a third time that day.

It is convenient central location to get to both San Fran and San Jose.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the entrance ramp on CA 92.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Valued customer. I want to take this opurtunity to say thank you for staying with us and thank you for the feed back.I am sorry that we did not meet your expection. I wish I knew that but some how I was not informed of the problem. we take this issues seriuosley and I can assure you it will not happen anymore. we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.if any question please email me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Located just at the end of San Mateo bridge on CA 92 is within a 45 minutes ride from

Stanford University campus
San Francisco International airport
Golden Gate Bridge
Fisher mans Wharf

The complimentary breakfast gave us 2 to 3 hours to have our next meal. Wish other hotels offered this.
Spa and whirlpool were both closed for construction. Fitness room had good equipment but was able to jog outside without any worries.

Starbucks, 7-eleven, Subway are within 450 feet of this hotel.

The lobby and breakfast area is spacious and nice.
Will visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Laporte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed four nights on a business trip. The hotel was clean, quiet and only a few minutes drive from where I needed to be each day. The breakfast area well stocked and maintained very clean. Tuesdays and Wednesdays there is an evening snack, beer and wine service.

All in all it was a nice stay. My only concern was I don't feel the hotel was of the caliber to warrant the price. Even with a corporate discount they were the most expensive in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Oneonta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visiting family in Alameda. Clean and comfortable but old, and in need of an upgrade. Good breakfast. Most of the rooms open on to the four-story atrium, which can get noisy, but the noise never penetrated into the room; I slept well. I gratefully took advantage of the laundry room. Once again, the moment I checked in I lost my right to change my mind regarding whether I'd use points or a free night; this is nuts, but it's a corporate issue, not a local one. Convenient to highway, but eat before you get here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our fourth Christmas / New Year staying at the Hayward Fairfield Inn. It was as nice as the first year. Staff was very freindly without being overbearing. Staff always polite, returning a "good morning" etc. Hot breakfast had many choices. Rooms well appointed and very clean. Easy on/off freeway. Not many restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: We have't had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This Fairfield Inn is located in kind of a semi-industrial area, meaning you've got to drive a ways to get to a good selection of restaurants. There's only a Starbucks close to the hotel. Parking is ample and free. The Wi-Fi was more than adequate. The room was clean and had all of the necessary amenities. The housekeeper was also very responsive to our requests. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. We spent two nights, one of which was Christmas Eve. The hotel was not heavily occupied, so the front desk tried to get us into as quiet a room as possible. They also gave us an extra hour checkout that we needed. Breakfast was not a big spread, but there were eggs, waffles, cereals and fruits. It's good enough and was included with the room. The atrium area (where breakfast is served) is very large, well-lit and clean. It was also pretty quiet. I didn't use the exercise room, but it was nice for its size. I did use the laundry, and the commercial washers and dryers were plenty capable of big loads. I was very pleased with our stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fairfield Inn & Suites-Hayward deserves my first-ever online review. I travel from the UK once or twice a year and stay for 7 - 10 days. I have enjoyed consistent service, friendly professional staff, gleaming rooms and great rates. The Free Breakfast was good, now it is excellent with huge choices.
Over the several years my needs have changed and The Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward has met those needs. The hotel has also changed, improving each year for the better at a pace the keeps rates down and has minimal environmental impact. I have used the gym, whirlpool, sauna, laundry, computers and most other facilities,except happy hour. Any issues or requests have been addressed immediately and to my satisfaction.
Nazmena Khan, especially, stands out. She is priceless. Nazmena is one of many long-servicing staff, still invested in the hotels success. I have experienced her professionalism, team support and team spirit. During a stay for a family loss, she afforded me a much needed shoulder, while maintaining a professional distance that allowed me to conduct delicate business.
Finally, the current construction nearby is independent of the hotel. I believe it is nearly complete and desired by the community.
pcolette@live.co.uk

Room Tip: Rooms with whirlpool are reasonably priced luxury.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward? Share your experiences!