“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Ashburn, Virginia
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Located just at the end of San Mateo bridge on CA 92 is within a 45 minutes ride from

Stanford University campus
San Francisco International airport
Golden Gate Bridge
Fisher mans Wharf

The complimentary breakfast gave us 2 to 3 hours to have our next meal. Wish other hotels offered this.
Spa and whirlpool were both closed for construction. Fitness room had good equipment but was able to jog outside without any worries.

Starbucks, 7-eleven, Subway are within 450 feet of this hotel.

The lobby and breakfast area is spacious and nice.
Will visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Laporte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed four nights on a business trip. The hotel was clean, quiet and only a few minutes drive from where I needed to be each day. The breakfast area well stocked and maintained very clean. Tuesdays and Wednesdays there is an evening snack, beer and wine service.

All in all it was a nice stay. My only concern was I don't feel the hotel was of the caliber to warrant the price. Even with a corporate discount they were the most expensive in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Oneonta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visiting family in Alameda. Clean and comfortable but old, and in need of an upgrade. Good breakfast. Most of the rooms open on to the four-story atrium, which can get noisy, but the noise never penetrated into the room; I slept well. I gratefully took advantage of the laundry room. Once again, the moment I checked in I lost my right to change my mind regarding whether I'd use points or a free night; this is nuts, but it's a corporate issue, not a local one. Convenient to highway, but eat before you get here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our fourth Christmas / New Year staying at the Hayward Fairfield Inn. It was as nice as the first year. Staff was very freindly without being overbearing. Staff always polite, returning a "good morning" etc. Hot breakfast had many choices. Rooms well appointed and very clean. Easy on/off freeway. Not many restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: We have't had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This Fairfield Inn is located in kind of a semi-industrial area, meaning you've got to drive a ways to get to a good selection of restaurants. There's only a Starbucks close to the hotel. Parking is ample and free. The Wi-Fi was more than adequate. The room was clean and had all of the necessary amenities. The housekeeper was also very responsive to our requests. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. We spent two nights, one of which was Christmas Eve. The hotel was not heavily occupied, so the front desk tried to get us into as quiet a room as possible. They also gave us an extra hour checkout that we needed. Breakfast was not a big spread, but there were eggs, waffles, cereals and fruits. It's good enough and was included with the room. The atrium area (where breakfast is served) is very large, well-lit and clean. It was also pretty quiet. I didn't use the exercise room, but it was nice for its size. I did use the laundry, and the commercial washers and dryers were plenty capable of big loads. I was very pleased with our stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fairfield Inn & Suites-Hayward deserves my first-ever online review. I travel from the UK once or twice a year and stay for 7 - 10 days. I have enjoyed consistent service, friendly professional staff, gleaming rooms and great rates. The Free Breakfast was good, now it is excellent with huge choices.
Over the several years my needs have changed and The Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward has met those needs. The hotel has also changed, improving each year for the better at a pace the keeps rates down and has minimal environmental impact. I have used the gym, whirlpool, sauna, laundry, computers and most other facilities,except happy hour. Any issues or requests have been addressed immediately and to my satisfaction.
Nazmena Khan, especially, stands out. She is priceless. Nazmena is one of many long-servicing staff, still invested in the hotels success. I have experienced her professionalism, team support and team spirit. During a stay for a family loss, she afforded me a much needed shoulder, while maintaining a professional distance that allowed me to conduct delicate business.
Finally, the current construction nearby is independent of the hotel. I believe it is nearly complete and desired by the community.
pcolette@live.co.uk

Room Tip: Rooms with whirlpool are reasonably priced luxury.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dover, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We checked in because we have a conference just across the street from the hotel. We Have many business partners that were also in the hotel. They were trying to charge us more cause they claim there were 5 people in the the room when there are only 3 people. They were insisting that 5 people ate for breakfast, people from the other rooms stop by our table when we were eating because we know each other. Then some friends came to visit us during the day but did not slept in our room. What a bunch of crooks. This happened on a Friday, Danille on the front desk was not very helpful. She refuses to call the manager & told us no one can help us until Monday which does not do us any good since we are flying home early Monday, She only called him when I insisted for her to go to our room to see how many people are in there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
the fact of the matter is when you booked your room you put only two people on the reservation. when you were at the front desk checking in you were asked how many adut in the room you response was for now three but tomorow it is going to be four. on Friday morning our security camera saw three more adults with six pieces of luggage joined you in the room. that was totally unsafe.we are not crooks as you stated and we were not tring to take your money.at the time of check in computer takes authorization on you card plus 20% extra for incidental.when you check out the extra authorization goes back to the card. it looks like you did not have enough money on your account. the reason we ask how many guest are in a room, the lodging industry rule and the fire department rule we have to know how many people in each room in case of emergency. I know you were trying to save money but that could be a liablity for the hotelier. there was nothing wrong with your room or services you recived just the fact you did not want to follow with the policy.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward? Share your experiences!