“A lot better than the first stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Seattle, Washington
“A lot better than the first stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is ok. At least this time we didn't keep getting stuck in the elevator.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
La Verne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed in a two queen room that was very clean, beds were comfortable, front desk personell were very helpful and cordial, bathroom clean, enjoyed haviing the microwave adn refrigerator in the room. The breakfast had a nice selection, not just danish and toast. We would stay here again if we were in the area. Picked the location because of the price, but it took about 45 minutes to get into Fisherman's Warf in S.F. due to traffic on the bridges. All in all if you have plenty of time to stay in S.F. this is a good place to stay. Didn't use the poll or fitness center so can't comment on them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Have stayed at the Hampton Oakland/Hayward 4 times this past year. The rooms are clean and comfortable, The staff is friendly, though not too well informed. I do feel safe in the area. (First trip out, arriving after 11:00 pm from airport, I was waiting in my car for the bell hop to get my luggage, but soon found out that this is not the style. Found a parking place and made my way to the front door(had to ring the bell). But, all is well.

The location is great. Have been visiting an ill relative, and the travel to and fro from the hospital is easy. Found one of the best sea food resturants ever for the price about 5 minutes away, at a place called the Fishery (up at A Street on one of those funny turn-arounds. All in all, this has been a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

Our shower not draining the first day, our sink not draining the next day, my husband getting stuck in the elevator for 30 min and my kids and I getting stuck in the elevator the next dqy for 3 min, everything was fine. The staff was most the time on top of things. Funny thing is my husband got stuck in their elevator for that long and not one even asked if he was ok. Thank you though to the maid that stuck a broom through the crack of the elevator door to let my husband pry himself out. Other than everything mentioned the room was fairly clean, pillows were soft but not much to say about the bed.

• Stayed April 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

My mom lives in the nearby retirement home and we needed a place to stay. This was rated the best out of the hotels/motels in the area.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. They were fully booked and we got a non-smoking room with 2 beds instead of a King, but it was totally fine. The room was clean, the bedding and bed was nice and comfortable. The staff were really nice.

The breakfast was more than I anticipated and really enjoyed it. There was a staff person there to re-stock as necessary.

We didn't use the wi-fi but it was free with your stay, which doesn't seem like most hotels offer.

If you are not familiar with Hayward, you may think this is in a strange location on a busy street, but if you are visiting someone nearby or students at the State University nearby, I would completely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn because of its proximity to my client in Hayward. The only restaurants near the hotel were fast food, so i take a few points off for location. The room was dated, with ugly wallpaper in the bathroom and older looking furniture. I was a little surprised, as most Hampton Inns I have stayed in are updated. I did use the gym and eat breakfast, and both of those were up to par. The front desk staff was very friendly as well. I just wish the room hadn't been so shabby.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I read the reviews about all the hotels in Hayward, and grew concerned that so many were mentioned to be in shady areas. I paid a little more to stay at the Hampton Inn, and I can say I was 100% pleased.

The hotel is very close to several dining options, as well as a 7-11 store. This made it very convenient. As for the general area, it is not ritzy, but certainly not a ghetto either. As a single male, I felt fine walking around this part of down.

The hotel itself was very clean and in good condition. Everything was up-to-par in my room.

The breakfast was fine. It featured a couple hot items, cold cereal, bread and pastry items. Also, my favorite, a fresh waffle machine.

The front desk staff were very nice and professional. I forgot my shaving razor, and they provided me with a free disposable one.

Finally, the hotel offers free wireless Internet service. It worked great for me,

Overall, I was pleased, and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward? Share your experiences!