“Not Worth It” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bijou Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 269 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Foothill
Transit: The Hayward BART station is located just a few blocks away.
Description: Bijou Restaurant & Bar, will provide the East Bay with a chic new dining option. Bijou will showcase contemporary French/California cuisine, offered at reasonable prices. Bijou’s main dining room seats 80 guests, with space for 30 in the lounge and bar and 32 on the outdoor patio. Prepared by Executive Chef Christian Nam-Hee using seasonal, fresh, often locally sourced, organic ingredients. Chef Nam-Hee, a native of France, graduated from the Ecole de Paris des Metiers de la Table in Paris. His career includes time at a number of elite French restaurants such as Le Grenadin (under 2-star Michelin Chef Patrick Cirotte), La Chaumiere and Le Bienvenue. Bijou's bar specializes in creative mixology that bridges the gap between the kitchen and the bar. Taking fresh, seasonal produce and locally distilled, artisan spirits and creating amazing cocktails.
San Ramon, California
“Not Worth It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had dinner here for Girls Night Out. It's not worth it. We ordered a lot of appetizers, small plates and 4 entrees to share. The only stand out dish was the Goat Cheese Salad. The experience was a disaster.

We had reservations for 7pm. When we were seated, we were told that we can only have that table until 9pm. Right away, I was turned off because they are already telling us to hurry up and go just as we are getting seated. We ordered, ate, and like I said, the food was nothing to write home about. Then at 8:30pm, as we were ordering dessert, our server asked us to move to another table and offered to comp our 2 desserts and offered all of us a glass of champagne. My friends decided the free dessert and champagne was worth it so we went for it. Frankly, I would have been happier just leaving and having dessert elsewhere by this time. I ordered coffee. I had to ask for sugar and a teaspoon. The sugar came but not the teaspoon. I had to get up and get it myself.

Definitely not worth going back. If the food was great, I probably would have been more forgiving of the poor service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, California
“Unique Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friends and I travelled to Hayward to experience this Restaurant. We had a coupon and our waiter Robert was excellent. Great food and great service. Gotta try it.

• Visited August 2012
Oakland CA
“No better place in Hayward”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Probably the best CA/French restaurant in Hayward. Good appetizers and small plates--you can get three or four for lunch (for two) and be satisfied. Friend loved the burger sliders with quail eggs, I liked the beef carpaccio with pesto. Intriguing tomato salad with mozzarella and blue cheese topped with crunchy fried onions and a little crispy bacon slipped in. Nice beer selection. This restaurant is good for people who like traditional food because there are enough of those dishes, and also for foodies, because there are international dishes and unusual combinations. Service was excellent, though it wasn't crowded at a late lunch. There are a few outside tables for summer days and nights. I think the decor--spare, wood floors--would mean noisy if it were crowded, but it wasn't when we were there.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hayward, California
“Excellant Food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We just left the Bijpu. We had one of those Groupon deals, it was a way to try new place at a minimal cost. Surprise the food was absolutely wonderful. We definately will return. We had Sea Bass, Lobster Pot Pie, and Braised Short Ribs. Every thing was done to perfection, my hat off to the Chef. Check it out you will not be disappointed, maybe a little pricey, about 50 bucks a head.....but very enjoyable.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bijou Restaurant & Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

My bf and I went there yesterday and had a relaxed experience. It was his first time and he loved the food and the atmosphere! We started with Mac & Cheese and Bijou frites. Then had two orders of Grilled Skirt Steak. We're Mac & cheese fans, topped off with the bread crumbs... man o man, must say it was yummy . My boyfriend enjoyed the samurai aioli the frites came with so much that we needed two extras. The steak was good - I should've asked for medium, medium well was a little too cooked for me. The only things I didn't like was that they didn't have the side of French green beans wrapped in bacon that I was REALLY looking towards for. Though it was a bit over priced, it was still good.