“Economic stay and good stagg ... Good budget inn HAYWARD motel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Budget Inn of Hayward to your Saves list
Budget Inn of Hayward
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   21598 Foothill Blvd, Hayward, CA 94541   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hayward B&B and Inns
“Economic stay and good stagg ... Good budget inn HAYWARD motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for one night and it did its job. We arrived late at night and stayed for a bit extra on the second night as we were leaving early morning. Prices are like Western prices. Their were no problems were the noise from being in such a busy area and the rooms were nice and comfy and our's smelled of smoke well it's because we booked smoking room so it was understandable  Staff were helpful (especially the women working in the day). If you organize a driver though for a tour make sure they speak English as ours could barely speak few words and so found it tough to know where we wanted to visit. It took him an hour to work out we wanted to go to a mall for some shopping and food the tour of sf are great. Best way is to go through the flyers the hotel has in the lobby there was and sf tour booklet which helped us afterwards for some night seeing.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

first i woul dike to say is that this hotel is not as bad as i though it be and it took me about 10-20 minuates to get a room since they were cleaning chekcin time is at 3:00 but was their 10 minautes earlier. the room i got was new and it was really nice.... i dont know how to explain what was nice but was nice. Will come back and stay here again... ther rooms are big and large also a big change i seen many reviews so i wanted to try this place so yea and they charge me a great amount so i was happy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Budget inn for one night while driving accross california state. Among all the hotels on our road trip, this was one of the best. We had made reservations online and arrived at the hotel around, shortly after dark. What we immediately noticed was that lobby and breakfast area looked comfortable with chairs and sofas and were nicely lit - other people seemed to feel the same and were sitting there reading magazines. The breakfast area is open and offers complimentary coffee and tea. The front desk clerk was very friendly and already had our express checkin prepared. What we weren't prepared for was her last comment that still sticks in our head: "breakfast at 8" - she was serious, I don't know if it was a special day or if it was because of a university reunion happening that weekend, but they were seriously serving fresh breakfast later that morning, together with fresh coffee. Never seen anything like it. When we got off the third floor the overall impression continued - thick, clean carpets that absorbed all noise. The room was in very good shape, nice thick bed covers, quality looking furniture, TV, comfortable chair, nice deigned furnitre we immediately felt comfortable. Instead of the regular cicled-shaped bathrooms this one had a special touch to it, it was more like a retancle. There were lots of fancy design on carpet, again nice lighting, we really enjoyed it. There are a few restaurants nearby, one is next door, but we decided to drive somewhere else. Locationwise the Budget Inn Motel Hotel is located directly central of the Bay area also close to the airport. making it easy to find. I don't know about the noise levels in the rooms facing the road, we were facing the parking lot and had a very quiet night. The next morning we enjoyed a really good breakfast. Selection was great, an employee was constantly checking if everything was still stocked all the way up to the end of breakfast hours (open until 10AM even during weekdays), the area was sufficiently large so that we found a table (others had returned to the comfortable sofas). Staying here was a very pleasant experience, the staff was great, the property is great, the standard is very high, probably one of the best Budget Inn Motel Hotel I have ever been to. We will gladly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

NEVER AGAIN!
I wish there was away to give negative stars...This was probably the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I'm an ex Marine and for someone who is used to sleeping in dirt, and every condition... that says a lot. When we first came to the room it was one of their fine "renovated" rooms. There was no ventilation in the bathroom, mold growing on the floor, and behind the curtain. Blood stains on the towels. To top it off there was only one pillow. I'm all for just one pillow but if I'm paying 60 dollars a night, my fiance and I shouldn't have to fight over it. Stayed there 4 nights, took them 3 days to get a pillow..told me they were working on a solution to the shower curtain problem. They have a nice print out, explaining to "please bare with them during the remodeling process, back to normal soon" I did not know that 1) That means you cant have towels that are 15 years old. 2) More mold then a sea dock. 3) oh we post that our renovating was done in 2009 yet we are still working?! Yea, OK. I suggest anyone who is thinking about this place to avoid it! Even if your tight on money its a waste!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rocklin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

over 40 minutes and 2 phone calls they wouldn't honor my reservation that I made on their very own website. Of course not, it was for a Summer Special of half the price that seemingly doesn't exist, they just want to gouge you for full price when you get there. Also on the phone with them and not on hold, he just set the phone on the counter while he talked to a 19 female that wanted to rent the room for a few hours, at first he didn't want to because she wasn't over 21, but I guess making money got the best of him, then he told her 80.00 a day, what does he think she was going to do in the room for a couple of hours???? What a terrible place to want to stay at. Who would want there kids to stay at a place with that owner and clientale.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Thought it might he too good to be true: 3 stars on Orbitz for less than $60/night. It was far worse than terrible... dirty, stained carpets and upholstery, bad smell, many patches on walls (left unpainted) no cover on bathroom light fixture and a piece of the heater/air conditioner on the floor along with dirty mismatched baseboards. When we went to the office to say something, the desk clerk, and then the "supervisor" were unbelievably rude and then said no refund. Regardless, we weren't staying. Then they refused to let my wife see a receipt because they saw her talking to another "guest" who was also having her own issues with this dump.

Room Tip: Stay away. Get a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Burbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was on a budget and guess what Budget Inn did to me? They charged $15 extra dollars per night for cleaning (60 bucks for 4 nights). I tried to cancel my stay and go somewhere else, but I what I had already paid was non-refundable.

The staff is friendly, the room was reasonably clean although small and in dire need of repairs. Having HBO was nice and so was the free internet and the breakfast. These are the highest points in addition to having a microwave and a fridge in the room. The bathroom is okay, but the room is old and there are holes on the carpet, it smells weird and the walls are very thin... we could hear the neighbors making out at 3AM. Gosh, they were having fun!!!

The neighborhood is quite noisy and the other guests are a bit trashy... There are better hotels in the area that are even cheaper. I really don't recommend this one. Want a friendly tip? A good night in Fremont (Yes, I am a real guest. No spam intended).

Room Tip: Unfortunately I can't recommend. It's a trap. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn of Hayward? Share your experiences!