“We will definitely come back!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20% Off 3 Nights!
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hawthorne
GreenLeadersGold level
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“We will definitely come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! We stayed here a few months ago and did not hesitate to make a second reservation. The staff is attentive and professional. The rooms are well appointed and beautifully maintained. The beds are very comfortable and linens very nice. Public areas are spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated with period antiques and art. Parking is easily accessible and free. When we come to Los Angeles, this is a perfect location from which to access the city and leave the chaos behind at the end of the day. We will definitely come back soon.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms offer access to the beautiful courtyard. Very nice!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Robert D.,

We were so very honored to have you as our guest recently. Thank you very much for the kindly worded 5 star review. It is nice to know that you thought your accommodations were well appointed and beautifully maintained, it is truly what we strive for. Thank you for the compliments on the service, parking accessibility, cleanliness, and decor; they are greatly appreciated. We do hope to see you another time in the near future, thank you again.

Dave Lagarce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I wish to than the staff of the hotel for going beyond in their efforts to make our Women' Retreat weekend a most enjoyable stay! I especially want to mention Christina Montoya, and the names of the staff who tokes so diligently in the dining and breakfast area. I especially want to thank Nestor, Gilberto, Fabian and Jose Lavida. Our weekend was one of lasting memories and we appreciate your hotel and all of your employees!! We traveled from Las Vegas where we have fine hotels only to ind another "fine" hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was my birthday weekend and I wanted to get away from my local surroundings; so off to Manhattan Beach. The hotel was gorgeous, almost like stepping back in time. The room was spacious and the king size bed was very comfortable. The decor was extremely beautiful and breathtaking. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. I can't wait until I have a few days off so I can return again. I look forward to visiting other Ayres Hotels throughout southern California. As far as the breakfast it was good; I just wish they had an omelet bar and pancakes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We liked the finish of the hotel - nice paintings and elegance. The bed was great - we are very particular on bed quality as both have back issues . Bed was nice and firm and nice sheets.
Only issue we had was that the free included breakfast advertised online had been discontinued Oct1st. We were offered a 20% off coupon instead. Breakfast at the hotel was really good - great service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Andrew S.,

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest this October. We are grateful for the kind review and truly appreciate your compliments of the decor of our hotel. It is nice to see that you particularly enjoyed your Ayres Dream Sleeper Mattress. Our sincerest apologies that there was a communication issue with the promised complimentary breakfast, but we are glad to see that you enjoyed it regardless. We do hope you will come visit again soon and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your experience at our hotel.

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Right from the start of walking in the door you are in awe of this hotel. The staff could not be more helpful and friendly. The décor is outstanding and fresh. Our room was huge with a divided sitting area and clean with a fridge and microware. We have travelled 7 weeks around USA staying in various hotels and this would have to be one of the best. It was a plus to have an in house restaurant with great food at reasonable prices with excellent bar staff. The only disappointment is the hotel is not close enough to the fantastic Manhattan Beach.

Dear Sharon M.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your recent experience at our hotel. We were so pleased to welcome you all the way from Australia! Thank you very much for your compliments on our service and accommodations, they are greatly appreciated. We are especially glad that you enjoyed our on site restaurant. We are sorry that our location was not of your expectations but do hope that our shuttle to the Manhattan Beach pier would make up for it. We do hope that when you are in the USA again that you will chose us for your destination! Thank you again.

Avalon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

did my reservasion on the internet and they offered free breakfast.
We were never told that your policies had changed and when we try to take the supposedly free breakfast, we were told that we could only give a discount.
It was an awful shame for their lack of comunicasion and professionalism.
The employee who greeted us was rude and despot.
For the price I paid attention was horrible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alannalight,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a candid review of your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our sincerest apologies if you feel that you were mislead in any way at all. We started to charge for breakfast at our location starting at the beginning of October; we so very sorry that was not communicated to you effectively. We truly strive to offer the best possible customer service and are very disappointed to see that our service was anything less than exceptional. Again, our sincerest apologies and we do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past, and I have had decent experiences. This past experience was not up to par. I arrived and received a friendly welcome. I went to my room, but I could not get the air conditioner to turn on (yes, I inserted my card into the slot that turns on the electrics to the room). I called down to the front desk and asked for a new room, and they said they could accommodate and for me to come down for the key. One of the people at the desk actually met me at the elevator with my new key which I thought was nice. I went to the new room, and this air conditioner seemed to work. However, after about an hour I noticed that the room was still warm. I tried adjusting the temperature to get the cold air to kick in, but it never did. I called down to the front desk, and I was told that she would call maintenance. An hour went by and no maintenance. I called down again, and the man at the front desk said he would come up and see what he could do right away. He did come up right away. I asked if he could not fix it, would maintenance come up later? His reply was, "maintenance left early tonight". He tried doing the same things I did to get the AC to work, then unplugged the AC and restarted it. This seemed to work, so I thought I was good to go. In about 15 minutes the AC cold air stopped (fan kept going but no cold air). I waited for the cold air to come on again, but it never did. I opened the window to get some fresh air, but the noise from the street outside was too much. I could have asked for a new room, but it was late and I was so tired that I just decided to stay where I was. My sleep was restless as awoke a few times during the night ... taking the blanket off ... putting it back on.

The next morning, I got up early as I could not sleep anymore in the warm conditions. I decided to go for a jog by the beach. So I drove down to Manhattan Beach. When I returned the parking lot was full. They had a special event going on in their courtyard, and all the people attending took up all the spaces in the parking lot. So, I had to park across the street.

All in all, it could have just been bad timing. But, if you are looking for a more high end hotel, this might not be the place to stay. What kind of high end hotel lets their maintenance personnel leave early? Most places have maintenance full time as far as I know. Also, what kind of high end hotel makes you park across the street?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear TXtraveler1111,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a candid review of your recent experience at our hotel. Our deepest apologies that the accommodations were anything less than exceptional. We truly strive to offer the utmost professional services and are terribly saddened to see that during your stay, we did not succeed in that goal. Our sincerest apologies for the crowded parking lot as well. We do hope you reconsider staying with us in the future and thank you again.

Dave Lagarce

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!