“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the ayres Hotel Manhatten Beach. The staff was friendly and professional. Service of our requests was great. Location made it easy to reach our destinations. We will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Robert -

Thank you very much for your review and for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you. I am very pleased that your experience was such a positive one. Perhaps during your next visit you will have the chance to try our onsite restaurant, Matisse. We are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed her for 1 night. We vacationed for a week in Palm Desert and needed a place to stay for 1 night before we flew out of LAX. I did a lot of searching to find a good place and somewhere affordable. Let me tell you, this place is nice place to stay at! It has everything you need: It was the most affordable place near LAX, Free Parking (which is rare in LA), Free Wi-Fi, It includes a Full breakfast that was delicious! The staff was extremely friendly! The Building was very cool looking, although I do have to say the hallways are a little erie...kind of reminds me of the halls in the movie "The Shining" LOL!!! But overall, a really nice place. There was only a few downfall but the good outweighed the bad...the building/room kind of smelled bad and the water was extremelt hot, fast...and the shower pressure was aweful...But we were put in a Handicap Room so we did have a little more room which is nice! I would highly recommend The Ayres!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gvsuchic -

Thank you so much for joining us for a night recently. It was a pleasure welcoming you if only for a short visit. How wonderful to know that the decor made an impression and that your found your stay so comfortable. I do apologize if there were any odor issues and have shared this information with the Housekeeping Team to ensure against it in the future. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in June, and the hotel overall was incredible! I loved the old European decor which gave it a very classy feeling and the staff were very helpful and willing to help! I liked the fact we got complimentary breakfast. We definitely stay here again if I went California!

Room Tip: Be a Expedia Elite memeber, you get a free room upgrade!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear yrs555 -

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you for choosing us for your visit and for your kind review of our hotel. I am so pleased that everything from the decor to the service and complimentary amenities added to a comfortable hotel experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great hotel! Can't beat the convenient location -- right off the freeway. Very friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Free breakfast buffet -- with lots of variety and food that actually tasted good! Free parking. Will definitely stay here again when looking for some place close to LAX.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear msg60 -

It was a pleasure having you as our guest recently. Thank you so much for allowing us the chance to welcome you and for your kind review. I am thrilled you found the complimentary full breakfast buffet tasty and our close proximity to LAX suitable for your needs. We hope your travels bring you to the area again very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

What a hotel. I've traveled the world and stayed in some swanky places. The Ayres ranks at the top of my all time favorites. The front desk staff were a pleasure to talk with and even took the time to listen to my stories. The room was immaculate and had fixtures not found in a hotel at this price.
1. Marble counters.
2. Italian marble floors.
3. Large solid wood furniture.
4. Flat screen TV.
5. Ipod capable clock radio.
6. Lots of places to plug in your stuff.
We charged 4 phones and a tablet.

The 2 Queen beds are very comfortable. The AC works great.
My kids wanted to camp in pool/courtyard because it's just that nice.
The lobby/common areas are adorned with antiques and statues.

We love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here while visiting LA. For my first visit I stayed three nights on my way up the coast. I was on the second floor by the lobby area. The only way I could sleep was by putting on the air all night ...they have weddings it seems all the time so partiers take first priority. I put up with it because it is close to LAX and generally a nice place if you don't need to actually sleep there. .. anyway...so I thought hey my bad luck last time. I stayed for one night on my way back thru to LA... this time on the first floor 119...this time the people above me partied all night long. I got up once at midnight and once at 3am... guy offered a move but by this time... my wife said she didn't want to move... the guy at the desk said there was a STABBING here that must have been the noise I heard from the cops up stairs...really this is no joke....I told the front desk people who basically said sorry about that do you want to leave your charges on the credit card... that is it.....bring your mace you may need it.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep don't get a room close to the lobby area or the courtyard where they party...
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is a winner. Apart from free parking, convenient location, large rooms, comfortable beds, and free buffet breakfast, the staff at this hotel are the cream on the cake. Friendly, warm and accommodating (excuse the pun) it makes you want to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!