Location is convenient to LAX and to the surrounding Manhattan Beach area. Just minutes from bustling Sepulveda Blvd with its restaurants and shopping. Room was clean enough.
I asked for a high floor room facing north (away from the tracks) and away from the elevator. I got a room about two floors from the top and only three away from the elevator, even though there were a good dozen+ rooms further in. I did face north and didn't experience any street noise aside from the occasional car locking up with a short horn blast.
The hotel must have been about 50-60% capacity (based on parking lot fullness at 7 am), so again not sure why I couldn't get a room further from the elevator (and I'm Silver elite which isn't great but it's something). Also not sure why they had to pack in the guests all next to each other (all of the units next to me and across from me were filled) when the hotel clearly had more space. I heard very clearly the conversations, bodily noises, door slams, and most of the movements on the bed of the room adjacent to me. Poor construction and poor assigning of rooms, in my opinion.
As many have stated, the elevators are awfully awfully slow, so take the stairs at either end of the hall.
Maybe this was an off-week for the property, but it sure didn't attract the highest level of guests the weekend I stayed. There were middle-aged men already fully drunk at 5 in the afternoon, holding beers in the elevators telling very crude jokes, and the elevator reeked of alcohol throughout the evening. I know the hotel can't filter out these guests in advance, so it just shows you what kinds of guests frequent here. Also, a lot of rough looking guests overall, many drinking and smoking around the property. Definitely not my usual Marriott experience. Fork over the money and stay in one of the nicer hotels on Century Blvd closer to LAX, the clientele are classier.
Breakfast was well stocked at 8 am on a Saturday and the dining area was surprisingly full of guests - I guess mostly tourists up early to explore the city. The turkey sausage patty looked very disturbingly grey/brown/dried up look/texture so I avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated SpringHill Suites hotel in Hawthorne, California offers stylish decor and thoughtful amenities set in an ideal location minutes from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and LAX Airport. The hotel near Manhattan Beach features a reimagined lobby with comfortable spaces, making it easy to hold impromptu meetings and connect with our free Wi-Fi. The Hawthorne, California hotel's spacious suites have also been enhanced to better meet your needs. New furniture, flat screen TVs, and bedding complement the suite's unexpected luxuries including a mini-fridge, wet bar and microwave. Airy beds with luxurious linens and piles of pillows make our hotel suites in Hawthorne feel like home. Enjoy our complimentary new, hot, and healthy breakfast with fresh choices for a customized start to your day. Choose from eggs with local salsa to oatmeal complete with a toppings bar for variety. Perfect family friendly hotel or great for wedding guest accommodations. Studio and one-bedroom suites will suit your needs. At SpringHill Suites, experience a refreshing all-suite hotel near Manhattan Beach, CA with style and space, beautifully priced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne Hotel Hawthorne
- Springhill Suites Hawthorne