“Car was vandalized in parking lot” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach

You added SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14620 Aviation Boulevard, Hawthorne, CA 90250 (Formerly SpringHill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Hawthorne
Henderson, NV
“Car was vandalized in parking lot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our car was vandalized in their parking lot (emblem was taken from the front grill and the front grill may have been damaged in the process). Did not notice at first since we did not look at the front of the car. When we called to report it, we learned there is no security of any kind there - not even a surveillance camera that might've provided some evidence for the police. Staff person we spoke with didn't seem to care - not so much as an "I'm sorry that happened to you at our hotel" - nice. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your experience at the SpringHill Suites Manhattan Beach. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The property is equipped with video surveillance; however, all cameras are located inside the hotel. It is not common in the industry to have video surveillance coverage in the parking area. Additionally, the hotel does contract with an outside security company to patrol the entire property to include the parking areas. It’s unfortunate that they were not able to assist in your circumstance. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with filing a report with the police department or a claim with your insurance company for your vehicle. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came to this property as my normal hotel (Residence Inn - LAX/El Segundo) was way out of per diem. I can tell you that I was a little dubious of this property at first but I was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong. I had to catch an early flight into LAX and I stopped at the hotel around 10am figuring I could just use the WiFi in the lobby to get some work accomplished. When I stopped at the desk to let them know I was there I was told that my room was ready and that they had met my requests as a Marriott Rewards member! The woman at the front desk (Lesley?) was courteous, friendly, and professional. She gave me the run down on the property the times from breakfast and recognized that I am a rewards member. I've been to JW Marriott's that didn't do that.

The room was extremely clean if somewhat dated (the small table in my room was really rickety). I had a room on the fifth floor (530). The WiFi sign-on was easy the only drawback was that it was slow. There is a small kitchen area with a microwave, sink and fridge which is nice as I tend to not eat out too much. Proximity to the businesses I was visiting was excellent with no more than 10 min to my appointments and there is also shopping right across the street if you are missing something or for something to do in your off time.

Overall I would have to rate this property as one I would be happy to return to in the future when my travels take me back to the LA area. I can see why they got a Trip Adviser award.

Room Tip: Rooms on either side of the hotel are rather quiet. I've rad some reviews regarding the train de...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of the SpringHill Suites Manhattan Beach. We are very happy that we exceeded your expectations on this visit and you found an acceptable alternative to the Residence Inn. We appreciate the positive comments that you shared about Lesley at the Front Desk. We will be sure to recognize her for her efforts. Please let us know if we can assist with future reservations. Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Brands and for acknowledging our TripAdvisor award. Our entire staff worked very hard to achieve this award and we are proud of this achievement.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We got bumped from our flight at LAX, so we didn't get to the hotel till after midnight. The night clerk at the front desk was the nicest, and fastest person I've met. The room was clean and large, but only average in decor and comfort. We only had one problem. Since we were so late getting in, we didn't wake until 8:45, Immediately got dressed and went downstairs for our "free full breakfast" and everything was already put away. I feel jiped to pay nearly $200 for a room worth only $90, and not even get bkfast.

• Stayed July 2013
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of the property and the nice comments you shared regarding the Front Desk staff and the hotel. I apologize that you were not able to get down in time to enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We recently updated our menu and the feedback on the new breakfast items has been very positive from our guests. For reference, our breakfast hours are 6 am to 9 am Monday – Friday and 7 am to 10 am Saturday & Sunday. In most circumstances, our staff is able to be flexible and keep some of the food items out past the scheduled closing time as long as it does not slow the clean up process of the breakfast area. I apologize if this was not made available to you on this visit.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a 6 hour flight with a 4 year old boy the greeting and check in I was given by Justin Tardo was exactly what anyone would wish for. Room was fresh with all the amenities I could ask for, comfy beds, free wifi with easy sign in, fridge, microwave etc. Breakfast each morning was very good with a very friendly staff. Room clean up schedule worked perfectly for us. Pool time was fun as was the 24 hour access to the gym. All in all when business or pleasure bring me back to the Hawthorne area there is no doubt that I will be looking forward to staying at the SpringHill Suites. Thank you to all of the staff there who made our stay all the more pleasurable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of you experience at the SpringHill Suites. We are glad that you were completely satisfied with your experience and the service received from Justin and the staff. We will make sure your comments are shared in support of our service strategy at the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

When we first arrived they had no record of our reservation at all. Luckily I had a paper copy of our booking through Allegiant and they hurriedly inputted it in to their system. Good thing there were still rooms available!

The room itself was quite large and included a separate sitting area, desk and fridge/microwave. However, there was no door between the washroom sink area and the sleeping area, and our motion sensor light by the sink was malfunctioning and waking up my husband repeatedly during the night. After we complained they sent staff to fix it but the same thing happened again the second night. We complained again and asked for a refund for one night, which was refused because we had a third party booking. The Manager spoke to us and offered us Marriot points - when we got home we found out they were worth a single movie ticket admission! That's it. The rest of the staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly but the Manager didn't seem to care at all and his version of compensation clearly reflects that. We will never stay here again due to the poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
laxhw, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you experience at the SpringHill Suites Manhattan Beach. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Since you booked your reservation through a 3rd party such as Allegiant, there is an additional step in the reservation process. The booking request goes directly to Allegiant and they must contact us to create the reservation based on the terms of their agreement with the hotel. Once they contact us with the request, we must build the reservation in our system. This can cause a slight delay for our staff to see the reservation in our system due to this extra step in the reservation process. I apologize if this was not completed prior to your arrival at the hotel. It’s unfortunate that we were not able to correct your issue with the bathroom motion sensor light after you first reported it to the Front Desk. An Engineer was dispatched to the room and he made an adjustment that appeared at the time to have fixed the issue. We do show that 7,500 Marriott Rewards points were awarded to your account for the inconvenience. At the time of your stay, this was equivalent to the amount of points needed for ½ of a room night stay at the property. While we do not recall an agreement for enough points for a full night reimbursement, we have added an additional 7,500 Marriott Rewards points today to increase the total to 15,000 points and enough for a full night credit for you inconvenience. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years and not disappointed this time.

Rooms are clean and spacious and suit us for our needs. Less expensive than most LA hotels, with free WiFi, parking and breakfast. Easy access to the 405 and walking distance to shops and restaurants (safe are to walk about with crosswalks and sidewalks).

New washer and dyers help as there are now 2 of each so means less waiting for laundry.

Breakfast can be a free for all and we did skip it a few times as unfortunately some other guests do not have respect for anyone but themselves.

We did have to complain about noisy guests next to us a few times, but hotel staff were happy to help.

Check in was quick and so was check out we had no issues with housekeeping even when we left late a couple of days - our room was still serviced. We requested a high floor and we got one, in fact 5th floor, but we asked for the 6th which is the top to avoid any noise for above and this was no problem.

A big thanks to all staff for a lovely, relaxing stay. Especially Jason who remembered us from last time.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for less noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
South East, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had 3 nights stay here in August and was very comfortable.
Loved Manhattan beach and it being so near by car...
OK'ish breakfast - not a massive selection.
But overall rooms are nice and clean with all you need in them, fridges etc...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!