We stayed in this hotel 4 nights after a 3 night stay in another SpringHill Suite hotel in Irvine. I chose this hotel because it was close to the LAX airport and since we had a 7am international flight I didn't want to have to drive far so early in the morning. It is only a 10 minute drive from the airport yet we never heard any planes flying overhead.
The suite was clean and comfortable but smaller than at the previous SpringHill Suite. I don't know if there were larger rooms available because we were ok with what we had. The shower and toilet were separated by a door from the vanity sink which was nice for a family. There was a microwave and small fridge plus a sink and counter space to prepare food. We did order a pizza one evening and it was nice to have a place to serve and pour drinks.
The bedroom and bathroom was clean. The WiFi service was fast. The complementary breakfast was good with the usual eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, juices and a waffle maker as well. The dining room was large but did fill up quickly although we had no trouble getting a table in the mornings.
The hotel is close to a couple of large malls and we did some shopping at your standard stores. We drove to Santa Monica to pick up a bus tour. It took only 20 minutes to get there. It was easy to park in Santa Monica and then ride into the Hollywood/ Beverly Hills area on the bus. I heard it is hard to find parking in those areas and much further from Hawthorne as well. There are tour buses that pick you up directly at the hotel but we wanted to tour more on our own and it was nice visiting Santa Monica too! Another day we visited the California Science Center. There are many things to do close to the hotel and the front desk was very helpful, pulling out maps and giving suggestions. There are no restaurants within walking distance but by car there are many places nearby. You can also purchase microwavable meals and snack foods in the lobby if you are hungry late at night.
I am glad to recommend this hotel. We had a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated SpringHill Suites hotel in Hawthorne, California offers stylish decor and thoughtful amenities set in an ideal location minutes from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and LAX Airport. The hotel near Manhattan Beach features a reimagined lobby with comfortable spaces, making it easy to hold impromptu meetings and connect with our free Wi-Fi. The Hawthorne, California hotel's spacious suites have also been enhanced to better meet your needs. New furniture, flat screen TVs, and bedding complement the suite's unexpected luxuries including a mini-fridge, wet bar and microwave. Airy beds with luxurious linens and piles of pillows make our hotel suites in Hawthorne feel like home. Enjoy our complimentary new, hot, and healthy breakfast with fresh choices for a customized start to your day. Choose from eggs with local salsa to oatmeal complete with a toppings bar for variety. Perfect family friendly hotel or great for wedding guest accommodations. Studio and one-bedroom suites will suit your needs. At SpringHill Suites, experience a refreshing all-suite hotel near Manhattan Beach, CA with style and space, beautifully priced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne Hotel Hawthorne
- Springhill Suites Hawthorne