I stayed at this property twice between October 30 and November 13, 2012. The Inn is located at the end of a dead end street with almost no lighting. Signage for the property is mimimal, entry is not attractive, reception is uninviting. Access to rooms is through a heavy security door (not easy to manage with luggage) and a walk around a dark, grating-protected pool. In the room I found unironed sheets so it wasn't possible to tell if they were fresh or previously used. Wall controls for the air conditioner, which was on full tilt, didn't work, so I had to resort to unplugging the device from the wall. Bedside phone didn't work and reception was unresponsive to request for assistance. All occupants except myself appeared to be part of Asian, European, or Latino groups. Included breakfast was fine and shuttles to LAX were prompt. Area is a bit dodgy so I would have appreciated desk help on where to find restuarant, etc, since there is no food source on the property except complimentary breakfast, and the only vending machines at the property dispensed soft drinks.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Cockatoo Hotel Hawthorne
- Comfort Inn Cockatoo Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn® Cockatoo Near LAX Airport is four miles from Los Angeles International Airport and offers free airport shuttle service. This Hawthorne, CA hotel provides easy access to major freeways like the 405 and 105, and is minutes from a number of local points of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Tingo, Fareportal , Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.