“Location, Quiet Sleep, Nice Hot Breakfast -- Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hawthorne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Roseville, Minnesota
“Location, Quiet Sleep, Nice Hot Breakfast -- Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In mid-Octoer, 2012, I brought a group of 21 staying for one night between flights. The free van from the airport was there within a half of an hour. Our rooms were large, clean, and were recently redecorated. The breakfast was great with homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, a saussage dish, cereals (hot and cold), pastries, juices, milk, and choice of hot beverages. My group was pleased. The Wall Street Journal at my door was also a very pleasant surprise.

Hawthorne, California is an older community that has gone through a good deal of transition over the past fifty years. Most of he members of my group walked over to El Torrito and had a great meal. In the morning, we visited a nearby shopping center for last-minute purchases. The location was very convenient even without an automobile. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

In the morning the van delivered by group to the Bradley terminal - again a complementary service of the hotel.

The price was reasonable and we felt rested for the trans pacific crossing. Two thumbs up!.

Room Tip: All of our party's rooms were very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear John503110,
Thank you so very much for your generous compliments! My staff and I truly appreciate the recognition. We work hard to make each and every guests stay a fantastic experience and one to remember. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to make your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo so enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night to catch an early flight out of LAX. Very good hotel, stayed in a King Bed room with kitchenette. Room was very clean and spacious. Interior, furniture were in good shape. Did not notice any bad smell or similar as mentioned in the other review. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Parking and the hotel itself are pretty secured, almost like a little fortress. My room was facing the swimming pool area and I had no noise from the busy street.The hotel itself is at a short Cul-de-sac and the junction is easy to miss. So pay attention to your GPS.if arriving by car.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Facing to the pool area, upper floors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear ThomasD,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear of your satisfaction. We know you have a lot of options for lodging and we appreciate you choosing us.
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a decent hotel in a safe area, but the rooms need some attention. The carpet and furniture were old and worn out. The room had a musty smell and the walls were really thin allowing us to take part in our neighbors conversation. The staff was really nice and the breakfast was pretty good for a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnD, Thank you for your review of the hotel. While I am pleased you found the breakfast and service provided satisfactory, I am truly sorry if you experienced any inconvenience due to the room or accompanying amenities.

We strive exceedingly hard to ensure our rooms maintain the utmost level of functionality and cleanliness, so please know that your comments regarding the carpet and smell have been discussed with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to guarantee no guest will experience these issues in the future.
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here over night between flights at LAX. fairly prompt complementary airport shuttle pick up. Smooth check in. Room was large and clean. It may have been larger than a standard size but I don't know. We only booked a standard room. Mattress was comfortable. In fact my wife said it was the most comfortable mattress she had ever slept on. Lots to choose from at the complimentary breakfast. Shuttle back to the airport was booked and was there waiting at the time requested. This is a total non smoking hotel which is great for me. Excellent value and the room rate we got was a bargain. This will now be our hotel of choice when we have a layover in LA. We spent one night (Sunday night) and it was very quiet.

Room Tip: We had a corner room. We don't know whether it was a standard room or not. We booked a standard...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ralph209,
Thank you for the all the kind and generous things you said about your stay and the hotel. Its such a good feeling when we are able to satisfy our guests and make their stay enjoyable. In addition to comfortable rooms and complimentary breakfast, please remember we also have a outdoor heated pool and free WiFi.
Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to your next reservation.
Sandy, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before I fly out of LAX or when I first arrive. This time I had a meeting close to the airport and chose to stay at this hotel based on its location and prior experience. The desk clerk who checked me in had no personality and didn't explain certain important information. Also, the carpet in the room was dirty. The bottom of the shower was black from my feet. The hotel did have hardwired internet, the bed was great, and the shower was excellent. I just expected the excellent experience I've had in the past and was disappointed..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pklerose
Thank you for your recent review. I understand that it is a necessity to extend a warm welcome to every guest and apologize that the normally welcoming attitude of our front desk was not evident and caused dissatisfaction with our hotel. It is our goal to exceed our guests expectations in service and accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we've fallen short of that goal. Your comments have been shared with my team so that the appropriate changes can be made for the comfort of our guests.
We hope you will visit us again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Free shuttle bus is both on time and safely driven
Really lovely staff who actually care
Quick checkin and checkout with minimal fuss
Comfortable bed and clean room
Washing facilities downstairs - BYO coins
Breakfast is not that exciting but still good

A definite winner as a stopover sleepover

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
diamondsandpearls_88
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Cockatoo for you accommodation near LAX. I'm pleased you were able to make use of our 24 courtesy shuttle and that it worked out well for you. I am pleased to that we have made you feel welcomed and comfortable here. We look forward to your next reservation.
Sao Jose dos Campos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed there for 6 days, on vacations. I've asked to change the room from 2nd to the 3rd floor in the 2nd night as the guests above my room were noisy and we couldn't sleep well in the 1st night. The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious and there is a refrigerator, microwave and cook in the room. There isn't any dishes though that you can use to cook or heat your food in the microwave so be prepared to have your own. Free and fast internet access. It is close to 105 freeway, so you can get to Los Angeles downtown, Hollywood or Santa Monica easily (depending on the traffic and if you've rent a car, of course). Breakfast is good - eggs, hamburger, waffle machine, fruits (banana, apple and orange), yogurt, boiled eggs, cereals. The cafeteria is small, so here is a tip: take the trays from your room to the cafeteria, if the tables are all full you can take your breakfast to your room using the tray. The drawback is that they didn't accept AMEX prepaid card - some of the frontdesk attendants said they'd accept it, others didn't, because there isn't a name printed on it. And, they've told me they'd accept debid card from Brazil but in the end I was told they didn't, only credit is accepted. So if you are not from the US, be prepared to use your credit card or pay in cash. Some people mentioned in the reviews it isn't a safe area, but I felt pretty safe. There isn't anything to do in the neighbourhood so you wouldn't want to go out at night in the hotel area anyway.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in 3rd floor as you can hear the footsteps from guests above you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you during your recent vacation in Los Angeles. I am very pleased you found the cleanliness of the hotel up to standard as we feel this is one of the more important services a hotel should provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!