“Unsafe entry & elevators, terrible wifi, great breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
New York
“Unsafe entry & elevators, terrible wifi, great breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for 5 nights because of price.

The hotel bed was very comfortable and I had no issues with the room except that everyday when the room was cleaned, they would put the air conditioning down to low. When we would come back in the afternoon, the room was musty and hot.

Easy access to freeways and highways from the location was a plus.

Upon check in the manager, Syed was very nice. I realized I had lost a bracelet and had told the night desk person on Tuesday night (the night before we checked out). He was on the phone with a personal call and I had to wait a good 5 minutes till he acknowledged me. Then he just said to contact "Loretta" in housekeeping the next day at 7 a.m. I advised him that I was leaving the hotel at 5 a.m. the next morning and was wondering if he had access to any kind of "lost of found". He didn't even bother to "pretend"...he just told me "no. The next day, I contacted Syed when I returned home to tell him I lost a bracelet. I described the bracelet and he assured me that he would get back to me either way. I never heard back from him.

The breakfast was outstanding. The addition of a "pancake machine" was wonderful! Only thing missing was the typical "Waffle" maker. Nice touch to have pre-made French toast to be able to put in toaster as a choice. Wish the coffee was accessible throughout the day as the coffee in the room was terrible. Also, leaving the fruit out would have been a nice touch too. Area was kept clean.

Hated that there wasn't an ice machine on every floor ---but that is just a pet peeve.

The area around of the hotel is not a place I would walk around. Located near MacArthur Park which is filled with hobos. There is some kind of 24/7 flea market on that street which brings out lots of seedy people. There is a grocery store not far which we drove to get some water, snacks and a can of air freshener.

The pool (if you call it a pool) looked clean, however, I don't think 10 people could fit in it. Never saw anyone in it anyway.

Complaint #1....there was never enough parking. There were two nights that I had to come into the hotel and tell the person on duty that there was no parking. They then left the desk to walk around to look for themselves (why would I make that up?) I winded up leaving my car alongside a wall or in the space marked 15 minute check-in. Don't know whose cars were taking up all the spaces as the hotel did not seem very booked. Employees? I'm not sure.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT: The door from the parking garage was never closed or you didn't need your key to get into it. Very unsafe. I never felt safe getting into the elevator as it was accessible to anyone in that seedy area. Also, when you walk into the hotel, you make a quick left into the elevator and the front desk is not really in eye shot of the elevator either. Anyone can walk in and have access to the floors! I felt very unsafe. Again, there is a thing outside to swipe your card to get in...why isn't it used?

LASTLY...the WIFI was terrible...even in the lobby. It was almost void in a 5th floor room.

Don't think I'd stay here again.

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I don't visit America often but travel regularly. This hotel wasn't on a par with holiday inn's I've stayed in in Europe but it was clean and pleasant enough. Somewhat dated and the wifi connection was awful. Also no room safe was available for valuables. But no big complaints. Wifi is an issue for business users.

The area is OK. Not much choice for eating out and no hotel restaurant but it's convenient and close to the airport.

Breakfast was sadly a distinctly average affair.

Stayed August 2014
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was selected as a result of having stayed in a number of holiday inn express properties
Sadly this was the worst experience ever after a 16 hour flight I n
Emended a good quitet CLEAN place to spend a couple of nights and a couple of days sightseeing.
As a result of this stay I cancelled the second night and left town with a sad ending to a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CHC H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Bob F,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express. Please accept our apologies for not coming up to your expectations. We appreciate your feed back and will try to improve our Hotel in light of your comments
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here for just one night. Decent Hotel but limited places to walk around. Easy access to Freeways and Free Shuttle to the airport was a big plus. Breakfast staff is good like any other Holiday Inn Express. Bus stops and metro station was within walking distance. couple of fast food and restaurants walking distance also.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the best
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Exmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Largely mixed reviews of this hotel, as the beginning of our stay was a shambolic experience. We had to change rooms 4 times due to location and cleanliness. There were balls of hair on the floor, blood/wine stains on the floor, stains on the bedding, damp towels. The cleaning staff spoke a limited amount of English and spent time on their phones whilst we were trying to converse with them.

However, on speaking to the manager, he promptly sorted this all out for us and assured us that within a couple of hours, everything would be sorted. He was right. We came back to a clean room and every day since it was clean.

The breakfast was very good, very large area and a large selection of hot and cold.

The Wi-Fi was very poor and very slow, lost connection continuously throughout the hotel.

Location was excellent, right by two main interstates!

Would definitely recommend this hotel provided the standard we received at the end is the standard from now on.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sana-GRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to post a mixed review about your recent stay. We are glad that you like our Hotel, location and our breakfast . However you mentioned some concern about Wi-Fi and Housekeeping. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, your feedback is very important for us in improving our product and services.
We hope to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Express.
Sana
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here because it was a Holiday Inn Express, a brand that I like. Not quite up to par with the usual Holiday Inn Express, but the pool was great. The room was large, spacious and clean and overall, this was a good stay. Make sure you reserve your ride to the airport with the front desk. When I initially inquired, they said "yeah, just come down for a ride on the half hour and the hour." But when I showed up, they didn't have my name and didn't have a scheduled ride. Luckily, they found a driver to take me to the airport for my early flight. I'm not sure I would recommend this place and if I come back, it would be because of "Samurai Sal" down the block - A great Mexican/Japanese restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. We are glad that you like our room and pool.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our front desk. As we mentioned, our hotel provides complimentary LAX airport shuttle service. This service is on call and runs every 30 minutes from the hotel.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next stay at our hotel.
Sincerely
Baku, Baki, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel fit the bill for our family stay in LA, overall. My husband has 3 kids, so it is difficult finding a hotel to accommodate 5 people. This hotel had 2 soft, comfy beds and one small pull out sofa, perfect for an 8 year old. The room was clean and the A/C worked well. The front desk staff was nice and accommodating. While not in the best part of town, we knew we would only sleep there. Breakfast was typical of holiday inn, but when they say it's over at 9:30, they mean it. At 9:30 sharp, everything hot was picked up and thrown out, the milk case locked, the juice dispenser turned off, and even the lights over the buffet area were turned off. Shortly thereafter, 2 of the 3 days we stayed there, an employee came by our table and picked up our salt and pepper holders, once moving one of our plates out of her way with her bare hands. The pool was the size of a postage stamp, and there was a sheen of oil on the water, likely from hair products and the like. Won't stay here again, but not terribly disappointed with the stay.

Room Tip: Even the rooms by the elevators weren't noisy, so I suspect they're all fine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Bean618,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.