Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Skip this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is located in a pretty rough neighborhood with no dining options nearby. If you don't have a car you are really stuck. Rooms are old, and expensive. Forget this place unless you absolutely have other option when spending the night near the LA Airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights when we visited L.A. this July. We were pleased to stay there. First of all, the service was great. We arrived almost midnight from LAX airport. We rode their shuttle bus to arrive to hotel. There was no problem to check in, except for one thing. For some reasons my booking was cancelled, and the new charge was different. I told them I did called two days in advance to confirm my booking, there was no problem then. Now, I was not happy when my booking was cancelled, lucky enough that the hotel had room for us BUT the new charge was higher. The staff made an appointment for me to meet the manager in the following morning. I met him, the manager listened to me nicely, then he agreed to adjust my price back to what I did when I booked the room before. We exhaled pleasantly. Parking was very convenient and safe. The room was clean, roomy and homey, bathroom was clean, bed was clean (no bedbugs for sure which is very important to us). Location was good, right in the corner of Hawthrone blvd and Imperial Hwy. We stayed for 4 nights and we're pleased to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although in a more "rougher" neighborhood of Los Angeles, I didn't get that sense when walking around. Hotel is located about a 10 (maybe 15 minute) ride from LAX. Things are spread out; so a car is definitely necessary. Though a few quick eats like McDonalds are within a couple minutes walking distance.

They provide friendly airport pick-up and drop-off service. If you're driving, a secure and enclosed parking lot is provided free of charge. Front office nice, efficient, and friendly. Rooms are spacious (though a tad dark). Complimentary breakfast is good (but get there early in the morning before the rush). Price is reasonable for what is offered.

If you're looking for a place near Hollywood or downtown Los Angeles, do not stay here. Find a place closer. However, it's easier if you're looking to visit southern Los Angeles areas, especially if you're on business like I was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here on the last night of a trip to the LA area, because it’s relatively close to LAX and therefore a little easier for me to make my early morning flight back to Wisconsin. I stayed here last November on a similar business trip.
I think this is a fine place for business travelers. The room was quite large including a small sofa and coffee table along with a small table and 2 chairs for eating in. There was a microwave, small refrigerator, small sink, etc.- I guess all standard fare for the Holiday Inn Express. The bed, bedding, and pillows were all comfortable [very important to me] and I slept well. The bathroom was what you would expect and everything seemed very clean.
Parking was in a separate building but quite close. The building was gated and you had to use a security code to open the gate and get in.
One item of interest- the hotel does not have a bar. So if you like to have a bedtime drink, you either need to bring your own or take a chance crossing the highway in front of the hotel [about 6 lines in each direction] where there is a bar. I made this journey and now recommend you bring your own if you like that bedtime drink.
I was up early the morning I left and the complimentary breakfast was not available- I left before 6 AM.
The price was $154.00 plus tax. For the LA area, that seems like a real value to me- and the price included the parking. I recommend this Holiday Inn Express when you’re flying in and out of LAX and hope you found this review helpful.

Room Tip: Can't help here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Scotia, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is in a somewhat shady part of town. We stayed there because we landed in L.A. at 9:30 pm and had to stay the night before flying out again the next morning. The free airport shuttle was one of the main reasons for choosing this hotel, but the hotel courtesy shuttle area of LAX is an absolute zoo, so we ended up getting on the wrong shuttle. As a note, there are 3 Holiday Inn's in the vicinity...two are Express and one is a regular Holiday Inn. So be careful when choosing the shuttle!

Since we arrived at the hotel at such a late hour, the options for food are limited. The hotel has NO food options, so you will have to leave the grounds. We ended up walking across the street to a McDonald's, and we did not feel safe doing so. We were even approached by a homeless guy asking for change.

The room itself was fine. Very spacious and clean. Good tv and a good bathroom. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty bad. Good effort as far as an offering (sausage, eggs, and a pancake machine) but the eggs looked like they were pressed out of a Play-Doh Fun Factory, the sausage was disgusting, and the pancake machine didn't work. Good coffee, though...thank goodness!

So if you need a place to crash, this hotel will suffice. But lock yourself in your room and don't emerge until the sun comes up.

Room Tip: We were in room a room that was at the end of a hall and a corner room. That was a good choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear David P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the area surrounding the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was very clean and customer service was very friendly. I have stayed here twice.I liked the free wifi, business center, free airport shuttle to LAX, cleanliness, free breakfast (moderate quality), and friendly staff. I did not like how big the pool area was, it was small. The dinning area for breakfast was small. Not enough seating for the amont of customers. I did not like the hotels location. There was only 1 restraunt in close approximatey. We needed to walk around the surrounding area to find a restaurant and the neighborhood was not very comfortable and safe feeling. If I were to change anything about the hotel it would be the location. The hotel did not have a restaurant on site or in connection to the hotel and room service was not offered. As for picking a room there is not a good view from any room.

SampsonTravel.com

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear SampsonTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us. I am delighted that you liked most aspects of our facility especially our hotel staff and breakfast offerings.

Your comments regarding our pool and dining facilities are highly appreciated. Please be assured that we will use your feedback to bring upon improvement in these areas to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better accommodation next time you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A 20min transfer free transfer from lax brings you to this holiday inn express. Clean well equipped hotel with pool; plenty of eating places around. Good breakfast and very efficient and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.