“A VERY GOOD HOTEL NEAR LA AIRPORT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Scottsdale
“A VERY GOOD HOTEL NEAR LA AIRPORT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is like new and everything in it is clean and ALMOST everything works. It is located about 10 minutes drive from LAX and the neighborhood is not the best, but we had no problems and didn't feel scared at anytime. They have a complimentary shuttle service 24 hrs a day. The room was huge and beds were super clean, super comfortable. I am not a fan of the Holiday Inn complimentary breakfasts, but it was a good breakfast....clean and well replenished. They offer free Parking, Pool and Jacuzzi..

Service was courteous but the hotel is a BUSY hotel with high occupancy. The WiFi sucked. It would disconnect every 90 seconds (not exaggerating). I called the front office and the front office attendant (a Latina gentleman) asked me: "It keep disconnecting?: I said yeah. After a one minute pause, Signor Wireless recommended I connect to whichever network had the strongest signal. Wow, Why didn't I think of that? I thanked him and hung up partly smiling partly angry. That was an insult to my intelligence: I am on the 4th floor, there is a separate network for each floor and the 4th floor network always had the strongest signal. Despite that: I had already tried the other networks of the hotel including their wired internet access at their desk. It had the same problem. The next day I paid to have my cellphone upgraded and use the tethering service from AT^T, This was the only let down.

Alicia provided us with EXCELLENT housekeeping. Spotless room. Thank you. Aria was kind at front office. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding you recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Hawthorne. I am very happy to hear about your overall satisfaction. We will work on your comments about breakfast and WIFI to maximize guests' satisfaction in future. Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward for your next stay.

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This airport hotel is fine, though a bit expensive for what it is. Call the hotel to be picked up at the airport, once you arrive.
The staff was nice and efficient. They offer free breakfast starting at 6.30am. We didn't have breakfast here because our flight was too early.
They have a small gym that looked fine.
The room is comfortable, the soap is not terrible though not great (at least not the cheap kind).
I would probably stay here again, why not. Nothing special about it, but good service in general.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your nice review. Please remember that we offer complimentary breakfast bags for those guests who check out early in the morning before breakfast time.
I am very happy to hear that we successfully accommodate you with a good service and I am looking forward for your next reservation.
Chandler, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express as part of a family trip to So Cali. Overall, the hotel is very nice.

* Location:
--------------
The hotel is in the LAX airport area (one metro station away) close to a metro station which makes it very accessible. Its location is fine when it comes to the beaches like santa monica or venice beach (~10 miles away). It is a bit far from Hollywood, downtown, and Universal Studios, it is a bit far (~18 miles). Considering the traffic in LA, driving to those touristic areas can become a little frustrating, but I wasn't :) I also used the metro rail to visit downtown and chinatown which was very convenient considering the station is a walking distance from the hotel.

Hotel:
--------
Rooms were very clean and spacious. The hotel is clean in general. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Everything was ready up on my arrival. With free breakfast, free parking and free internet, I believe the hotel gave me all I needed during my stay. Speaking of breakfast, the breakfast area is very small (a handful of tables!). We had to wait at least 10-15 minutes every morning waiting for a table to clear (reminded me of musical chairs :) ). And if you are a slacker like me who goes down for breakfast at the last minute, be prepared because they clear the buffet at 9.30 sharp. I stayed in lots of hotels and never saw breakfast ending that punctually!

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, no complaints and I would recommend it for others given the good rate.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel overlooks some residential neighborhood and the other overlooks the neighborin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for writing the review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express - LAX Hawthorne. As you mentioned our competitive price includes hot continental breakfast buffet, parking, WIFI, airport shuttle and pool access.
I am happy to hear of your satisfactory stay and looking forward to your next stay with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay before flying to Hawaii.
The hotel website lists this site as being close to LAX and it provides free transport to and from the hotel. Indeed, this hotel is about 10 minutes drive from the terminal and the shuttle runs about every 1/2 hour.

There are hotels closer to the terminals and actually within the airport boundaries, but are more expensive.

This hotel had very friendly front desk staff and the physical facilities are clean and attractive.
There is no restaurant on site, but there is a complimentary hot breakfast starting at 6:30 a.m.
Unfortunately, since I had leave on the 6:30 a.m. shuttle to LAX, I did not have the breakfast.
The staff did provide a brown bag carry-out with cold breakfast items, however.
For dinner the night I checked in, there were limited options within walking distance.
The neighborhood is questionable based upon my limited excursion to the Taco Bell restaurant across the street. I have never been to a fast food restaurant such as this; ordered to a worker who was behind a protective glass window and received food through a drawer. It was like I was making a transaction at a bank! It was also unnerving to see
individuals hanging around the restaurant who did not order or eat there but stood watching the customers.

The hotel itself gets good grades from me.
The room was nicely appointed and I did get a room upgrade since I am a Priority Club Gold member. The room was spacious with microwave and small fridge.
A room safe would have been a nice feature but was not available.

There is a fitness center with a few machines.
There is a small store for sundries.

The hotel is on a busy multi-lane divided road.
I was not troubled by road noise, however.

Overall, this is a good hotel at a good price with free transport to/from LAX. This is certainly ok for an overnight stay if you need to catch a flight at LAX.

Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in Dec 2012. Only for 1 nite. Arrived early, but clerk was very helpful with getting a room as I had many luggages to pull around. Very close to airport with shuttle service. Parking is in another building with pass codes. A bit hard to find unless you know the area/gps or have a good map.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Troy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very clean, quiet rooms with a hot free breakfast and wi-fi internet. Close to the Lax airport. A small fitness center and a business center. The best Holidy inn express hotels I've ever stayed. Self parking garage in a secured parking structure. Friendly and helpful hotel staffs. A "new" hotel with the ice and the vending machines closed in a room, so less noises will be heard around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Y Q,
It means a world to us when you write your first Tripadvisor review about your experience at our hotel. Management and staff thank you for your review and we are looking forward for your next visit.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

With only 2 nites in LA before driving up to SFO, we made a quick choice because of its location near airport, reasonable price and the only few hotels with complimentary parking. Turned out to be a surprising good stay for a 4-star category, partly due to room upgrade from priority club membership. Wifi is reliable and the free parking gave you a peace of mind and hassle each time you come in and out. Breakfast is average although could be better. There is a laundry room - ran over to the candlewood suite opposite bldg to break a couple of dollars into dimes, only to find out that they were under the same owner.
We drove most of the time, ironically at time of our departure realised that there is a metro station about 100m away, although not quite sure about the security of the surrounding areas after dark as it is not in the bustling part of the town.
Will certainly come back again next time in LA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time review our hotel and I thank you for your kind comments about our staff and amenities. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.