“Unexpectedly Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Brisbane, Australia
“Unexpectedly Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

With only 2 nites in LA before driving up to SFO, we made a quick choice because of its location near airport, reasonable price and the only few hotels with complimentary parking. Turned out to be a surprising good stay for a 4-star category, partly due to room upgrade from priority club membership. Wifi is reliable and the free parking gave you a peace of mind and hassle each time you come in and out. Breakfast is average although could be better. There is a laundry room - ran over to the candlewood suite opposite bldg to break a couple of dollars into dimes, only to find out that they were under the same owner.
We drove most of the time, ironically at time of our departure realised that there is a metro station about 100m away, although not quite sure about the security of the surrounding areas after dark as it is not in the bustling part of the town.
Will certainly come back again next time in LA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time review our hotel and I thank you for your kind comments about our staff and amenities. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through.

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Ramon, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I would probably give this a 3.5 rating. Better than average but not quite very good.

The hotel is a mix of good and bad however for the price you are not going to get a 5-Star hotel. The breakfast is still good and the rooms are very spacious. However, there was significant internet troubles with the in-room wifi. The signal kept dropping and had to reconnect may times until I finally used a ethernet cable. Also the water pressure in the shower was weak at best. The bathroom itself is nice sized.

Overall for the money it is hard to beat, I just wish a few of these minor issues which can effect a stay were better addressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Roy,

We value your comments and are thankful you took the time to express your experience at the Holiday Inn Express - LAX Hawthorne. I will address your concerns with my department managers.
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Has been my hotel every time in LA and is a hotel with comfortable and clean rooms and great and helpful staff.

I stayed in as i entered LA and as I checked out next day to travel to Palm desert, I noticed half way that I did not have my iPhone on me. The staff kept it safe and returned to me when I checked in again later in the week without prompting neatly kept in a sealed envelope.

Though the breakfast here was good and served my purpose. To break the monotony of a continental buffet, you will find a lot of places around within walking distance for breakfast and dinner.

15 min away from the LAX Airport, the helpful hotel shuttle picks you up from the LAX Airport and drops you back if you give them prior notice ( In our case, we called after landing at LAX and they were kind enough to be come in on call in about 20 min).

Recommend this hotel for both tourists as well as businessmen.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am very happy that you had a good experience in our hotel. Thank you for writing this review and being loyal to our hotel. As you mentioned Holiday inn Express - LAX Hawthorne is a short drive from LAX and provides complimentary shuttle service to all the guests. Please remember that for airport pick, you need to call hotel when you arrived at the arrival terminal.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was my 4th stay at this hotel.
I have stayed also in the candlewood suite next door which is good too. I prefer the Holiday Inn as the breakfast is included.
As I am here to work free wifi is the most important when I decide to book a hotel. The Holiday Inn has it, but attention : not all rooms get the same wifi quality. I found out that the rooms at the end of the corridors are the best for that.
the 2 last time I was there I had to change room to get a better wifi connection. The staff is always nice, polite and accommodating.
The breakfast is better with the time. Hot items vary every day. Everything is good exept the bacon. Otherwise good variety.
I will be back for sure

stayed there 4 nights, room 236

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Clean rooms, good service, silent place compared to los angeles. Close to los angeles, depending traffic. Complimentary Breakfast included. Awesome cynamon rolls. Complimentary parking. Good place to stay in family. You will need rent a car. Nothing to do in walk distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were just staying for one night in LA and had our own car so being not close to everthing wasnt important to us. The rooms are huge, the bathroom as well. Everthing was clean and updated.
The women in the lobby were very helpful and let us do an early check inn even though the hotel was packed.
We tried to book another two nights a week later, but the prices had gone up.
Would stay here again if being in LA

• Stayed October 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very new and clean, and is a good catch in the airport area, for business trips or just to arrive in the city after long distance flights and before moving further.

It's not super close to the airport, but still close enough. Parking is free, in a parking structure right next to the hotel.

The breakfast was good, but not extraordinary. Variety was sufficient, but the breakfast room was just too crowded and also the buffet area was rather short, which caused long lines and therefore only few tables being available. When we got back to our table after making the line to refill juice & coffee, the maid had already took the rest of our food and cleaned the table.

Overall though, it's a standard airport hotel and a good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.