“Nice hotel scary location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
San Ramon, California, United States
“Nice hotel scary location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice Holiday Inn Express all you are used to. Only drawback is parking is across the street and not east to get into also the surrounding area would be scary for a women. In my drive around the hotel there were three police stops with arrests in an hour period within 5 blocks of the hotel.

Internet was very slow and spotty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the LAX Area.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Avon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a layover for an early morning LAX flight on a cold (for SoCal) February night. The first problem was that it took the shuttle at least 40 minutes to pick me up from the airport after I called as directed. The first shuttle passed me by. (There is another HIE in the area so one needs to be careful not to get on the wrong shuttle also). The hotel is also further away than one may expect which further ate into my potential time for sleep. Upon arrival, I saw that the hotel was brand new and impeccably clean as was my huge room. However, the real issue began at this point; the heat did not work in my room and after calling the front desk and trying their suggestions, I needed to redress and have maintenance come take a look. After working on it for some time, maintenance thought they got it working but is kicked-out again and I ultimately had to completely redress and repack to move to a new room; by this time, my potential time for sleep was greatly reduced. When I checked out early the next morning after virtually no sleep, before breakfast was available, there was not even an apology for the hours of hassle the night before. The trip to the airport was uneventful – finally a smooth part of my stay. I would have rated this hotel a “1” except the hotel is new and impeccably clean and the maintenance man did his best to get things straightened out and went out of his way to get me into a new room quickly fetching the key for me and helping me move to the new room.

Room Tip: Make sure the wallpack (heating - AC unit) works before you get unpacked and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important for us and is sent to management for review.
Our new Holiday Inn Express is located less than 10 minutes drive from LAX. The complimentary shuttle service is available 24 hrs for our guests. Please remember to call hotel for pick-up from airport.
Rooms are huge comparing to other transient hotels and beds are comfy. Complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, free Parking, Pool and Jacuzzi, easy access to tourist or corporate areas make our hotel the best destination for all travelers.
We are looking forward for your next reservation.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here 25-28 may with the other half as an IHG platinum member from the UK. Parking is free in a secure lock-up adjacent...with key code to access. Check-in was cool with a goodie bag for being a Plat. The room was large with a king bed..an exec room comes with a microwave and a fridge, along with a sofa. Aircon was loud but effective. TV channels good range. Breakfast is til 0930 and is a standard but good HIX range. We picked this place as a base for discovering LA...this was taken from the hotels official website:

( http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/hawthorne/laxhb/hoteldetail )

Now, being from the UK, we NEEDED wifi. This is quite a bold statement, so we booked.
In room 204...IT DOES NOT WORK! With my laptop, the signal is 1-2 bars and drops every 30 seconds-every minute. I sent a message to ariamohamad@aol.com just after check-in... no response so left a message at front desk as we left and informed guest relations at priorityclub.

A broken promise...we had advance-purchased the rate, so couldn't check-out to another place. I struggle to understand how a place makes such a bold statement, only to not deliver..did some manager sit down and decide how best to p+++ the most loyal customers. I am not interested in making things right...I want the hotel to deliver what is says it does.

Wouldn't return and unless you don't need wifi, I suggest neither should you. Of my 20+ reviews on tripadvisor, 90% are positive as my experiences are just that...this 'new' place needs to sort itself. I have also left a review on flyertalk.com.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for being a platinum member. All platinum members would be greeted specially at our hotel and we will give them welcome package and room upgrade based on availability. I am also very happy that you enjoyed a very special rate in addition to the room upgrade. Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Free WIFI, Pool and Jacuzzi, Free LAX Shuttle, Free Parking and easy access to major highways make our hotel very suitable for both leisure and corporate travelers.
Your feedback is very important for us and we will discuss this issue with all the staff.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward for your next reservation.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel was a very nice hotel .My husband and I were on our honeymooon having just got off a cruise ship from 7 days .And we wer both very pleased with our room and the acoomidaitons that this hotel had for the price .Have to mention the free breakfast was one of the best either of us have ever had for a free breakfast,. Would deffinantly stay here again and would be happy to recomend it to my family and friends, for sure . thank you and the price was very reasonable .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Congratulations, I am very happy that you considered us for your accommodation during your honeymoon. I am a fan of our breakfast myself specially the cinnamon rolls and fresh fruits. We also are open to your requests for any king of arrangements in your room to make your special event more romantic and memorable. We are looking forward to your next reservation for your anniversary.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is pretty nice, and a great value. My room was #200, at the very back of the hotel, so it was very quiet. I think a room on Hawthorne end would be noisy. The surrounding neighborhood is a bit rough, with limited places to eat (El Torito 5 minute walk away).

Room Tip: low number rooms are much quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you had a good experience in our hotel. There are plenty of dining choices nearby: El Torito, Chips restaurant, Chili’s and many chain restaurants. There are also great shopping malls a few miles from our hotel like South Bay mall, Del Amo mall and Manhattan Village. If you are a fan of Los Angeles beaches, do not forget Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Venice Beach and Santa Monica Beach. All these beaches are within 20 minutes drive from our hotel. We are looking forward to your next reservation.
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

After arrival on LAX we called the hotel. After 15 minutes the van arrived and took us immediately to the hotel. Although it was just 01:00 PM we could use our spacious room with 2 queen beds. The room features a big flat screen with a broad choice of programs. We used the pool and hottub and enjoyed it. The basic buffet breakfast is complimentary. In the immediate area many chain restaurants can be found.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. It is a pleasure to read of your satisfaction. On your next visit be sure to inquire about shopping choices and nearby beaches. I hope you have enough time on your next trip to enjoy the white sands of Manhattan beach, Redondo beach, Venice beach and Santa Monica beach. If you are a fan of shopping malls, there are plenty of options like South Bay mall, Del Amo mall and Manhattan Village mall. Looking forward for your reservation in future.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Initial impresssion is little rough but the hotel itself is clean, safe and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.