“New owners to the rescue!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Western States Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanford
The Western States Inn
You added The Western States Inn to your Saves list
480 South 11th Ave, Hanford, CA 93230   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
san mateo
“New owners to the rescue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Hello fellow travelers; Ive been to the Western States Inn before and wow has the the new management and owners really turned this hotel around. On my previous stays the hotel rooms seemed they were lacking the full attention and efforts of the maids. and on each of my stays they seemed to get worse... Well this past sunday my company booked a room for me here as i worked in hanford all week... needless to say i wasnt thrilled at the establishment they had reserved for me but there wasnt much i could do. So i checked in and was greeted with a new face and served with the utmost respect. i was informed that the hotel was under new ownership and that every effort would be made to make my stay enjoyable, relaxing and memorable. Upon recieving my keycard i was escorted to my room and the room was checked for quality. I must say it was in top notch form! not a spec of dust anywhere. i was so pleased at the level of service and overall quality of the establishment i emailed my companies travel department praising their chioce. the new owners and management have been operating since july 10th, 2008. in just a couple of days they have changed my feelings of thier establishmnet immensely.I highly reccomend western states inn hanford to all travelers.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I was in Hanford on a weekday and had plenty of time to shop around. Not having found any prices or reviews to my liking on the internet, I decided to drive around a little and to explore some of the independent motels. Hanford has a weird mix of motels, with no real stand-outs and not many of the usual chains. The Comfort dowtown is way over-priced. I saw a room at the nearby Downtown Hotel and was disgusted. I headed south on 11th Ave. and saw the Best Western -also over-priced.

When I saw the staff and lobby at Western States, I didn't even bother to inspect the room first. The lobby was super clean and they had a great attitude. Once in a while you meet the Indian motel operator who really "gets it" as far as what people want in an over-night stay.

This is the perfect indy motel for Hanford, nicely fitting into the low to mid-range market niche. The Downtown was asking $59. Another dirt-bag place was asking $53. I got a single at Western States for $56.

The parking lot was super clean, with a convenient lay-out. The HUGE single room was quite clean. This motel couldn't be more than just a few years old, so all the appliances and furniture are in very good condition. The bathroom was also spacious and clean, with a tile floor. I didn't use the TV when I was there but it looked like they had the usual selection of channels. The bed was very comfortable and in good condition.

I slept in late the next morning and had trouble meeting the 11 AM check-out time. I heard someone watering the plants outside as I got ready. When I finally went out to my car, the old Indian dude who was watering just said "good morning". No harassing maids or phone calls, like so many other places.

Western States is right next door to gas station and convenience store, and is within walking distance to downtown.

• Liked — Overall cleanliness; friendly, non-intrusive staff
  • Disliked — Minor cleanliness issues; lack of breakfast/coffee
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SANTA CLARA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

The room was COMPLETELY DIRTY the sheets were STAINED all the way through and they were white so there is no way they could have missed that on white sheets... This is not HEARSAY I have photos to prove my terrible stay... Management is rude, so as far as going for a mini vacation I would not suggest ANYONE stay there. Also I paid 72 for one night the room wasn't even worth that price. Don't take my word for it but I did take the time to give you the heads up .... Thank You

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Hanford hotels

Been to The Western States Inn? Share your experiences!