“The only good hotel in Hanford, CA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Carlsbad, California
“The only good hotel in Hanford, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

After reading the various reviews on the Sequoia Inn, I thought this place must be a dump. However, we found the opposite to be true. While it will never be a 4 star hotel, it nonetheless is more than adequate. Our room was spacious and clean. The bath towels were dual purpose. Not only did they dry, they exfoliated as well. The breakfast was very okay. Not too nutritious but it was filling. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. It should be noted the hotel is owned and operated by a local American Indian tribe known as the Tache's. They have done wonderful things for the entire county. No, I am not a member, but I know the area and can say without equivocation, I would be more than happy to stay at the Sequoia Hotel again.

Room Tip: Several fast food restaurants and a shopping mall are within the same vicinity. The area is quiet a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seekonk, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I really wish I had listened to the negative reviews here on trip advisor. This hotel could be so much better with just a few minor tweaks.

We stayed here 2 nights (April 10, 11, 2014). We were visiting Sequoia National Park (1 hour away) and Kings Speedway (less than 10 min away) so this was a good location for us.

The front desk lady was friendly when we checked in. The hotel looks nice from the outside, the pool is right in front and could use a few plants to soften the area, but it looked clean.

Walking to our room on the third floor there was an unpleasant odor in the dark hall. The room was 2 doors from the end and also had a "not so clean" feeling to it.

It's dark...the lighting is poor, especially near the sink area which is right on the right as you walk in the door and is not a part of the bathroom.

The towels we had were horrible....they were quite thin and worn, small in size and had a grey look even though they were supposed to be white.

How anybody can say that this place is clean is beyond me...obviously everyone has a different opinion of what clean is, but this hotel needs a thorough cleaning.

The second day the person in charge of our room just came in and made the bed (barely) and gave us their version of clean towels. The sink area was left unattended, the toiletries were not replenished (shampoo, soap) and the coffee pot that we used in the morning was left as I left it with the cups unwashed and not replaced. I've never stayed at any other hotel that didn't at least rinse out the cups, replenish the coffee supplies and wipe down the counter tops.

At checkout we mentioned this to the lady and she said usually on extended stays they do the minimum and not a thorough "room ready" cleaning. I question whether or not they ever do a thorough room ready cleaning. She told us she would bring it to the housekeeping manager's attention and that she was sorry we had that experience.

On our first day we noticed a pile of dirt on the stairs...my husband mentioned it to the front desk in case they didn't see it. This was on Thursday...when we left on Saturday the same pile of dirt was still there and the stairway area had a bad smell the entire time. The carpeting is filthy and is probably not vacuumed very often if at all.

The breakfast is minimal...prepackaged muffins, instant oatmeal, one kind of bagel, hard boiled eggs on ice and beverages. There were a few soft brown spotted apples in a basket.

I try to find some positives when I write a negative review but it's hard to find many at the Sequoia Inn. Two positives...the location fit our needs and the lady at check in was friendly.

There are many other choices in the area...I recommend trying any other place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Seekonk, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This should be a 4 star hotel. It has a pool, good location, friendly staff and large rooms. However, management need to pay attention to details.. 1) the hallway on the third floor smells , 2) the maid service was poor (did not clean or replace coffee area/cups... did not clean the shower properly.. 3) i notified the staff of a big pile of sand on the outer stairs (still there the next day).

If i stay in the area again, it will be not be here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairport NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location of the hotel is right off of the highway and near a mall, a Walmart, and several restaurants. I stayed in an executive room which had a small sitting area. The bathroom appeared to be a handicap accessible and that made me feel bad if someone who truly needed such a room didn’t get it because I was in it. But I figured the hotel staff knows better.

The hotel is clean the staff was friendly during my visit. I was a bit nervous staying here after reading some of the "roach" comments. I didn't see one during my stay. "whew!"
I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Care and concern for Guests is evident before you enter the Hotel, the building and grounds are well kept, the lobby area is clean very well organized and laid out.
The paint is perfect on the inside and out, Pool area is clearly well maintained .
I asked to see all three styles of rooms and was absolutely stunned at the level of care that is shown here at this property. All rooms were perfect and it is very clear the staff is well trained and shows concern for the guests from the moment they enter they building.
The value to $$$ in room rates is fantastic and value and standard is above what many National corporate hotel properties are held to .. Price difference between the different levels of rooms are minimal really and I would absolutely recommend the mini suites or even the full suite .
I toured the grounds and 3 different rooms and have come to the conclusion that there is no concerns at this property from the point you drive on to the point you check out and leave.
I would rate thus Hotel as the top place to stay in Hanford.
breakfast was as to be expected for this style and price point Hotel. It certainly was complete and at a level value to room price as you would expect.
I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Within walking distance of the mall, movie theaters, Restaurants ,Wal Mart Super store, Target, and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here as we were visiting family. Very clean. Decent staff. Rooms were nice and clean. Comfiest bed and pillows ever! They had a small pool but it was too chilly to go into. The breakfast was good they could keep it later than 9am though! :) It is by everything food, mall, stores etc. Very nice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Water in Hanford is no joke. Brown out of the tap. The coffee they serve downstairs is contaminated by this water. Had a friend stay in the room next to the dining room. She was over run with cockroaches. She showed me the photos.
So take along your own water and make coffee in the room. Go out to eat at any number of food choices near by. Maint was unable to fix the AC in my room, so only the fan worked.

Room Tip: 3rd floor near the ends.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sequoia Inn? Share your experiences!