“Clean and comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$10 off room rate
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
San Francisco, CA
“Clean and comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here on a Monday night for work. Got a room on the first floor with one king bed. Front desk was friendly and quick. The room looked like it had been recently remodeled, and the carpet looked clean. Room had a good size fridge and microwave, plenty of cabinets/hangers, big size desk, and lots of "counter space" to lay out your things. Bed was comfortable and the sheets crisp. My king bed only had three smallish pillows- that was ok for me as I was by myself, but if there were 2 people in the room, there would be a fight for pillows! Also, the room was on the dark side, even with all of the lamps on, but not a big problem. Would definitely stay here again in the future cause of its location and cleaniness.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about morning noise, do not stay on the first floor near the corridor where...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of days because it was close to the hospital but I would never stay here again. The place smells like a public toilet. It's really old and the service sucks. Please look for another hotel, don't reserve your stay here, I know you will regret it.

• Stayed November 2012
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

At $80 it was good value. The rooms were a good size and clean. Breakfast is in a small room and might be a little crowded at times although we were late and everything seemed ok with adequate choice. The mall is just over the road and downtown a couple of miles away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel for a baseball showcase tournament, and were impressed once again. This hotel is across the street from the Mall and is convenient to everything. The staff is polite, the rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were returning from a long road trip and were just too tired to drive, so we decided to stay at Sequoia Inn, and I'm glad we did. The rate was very reasonable and the front desk staff was courteous and efficient. I was really tired, so I valued how quickly the staff got us all set and checked in. The elevator is very slow and had a funky smell, but it seemed safe and was still better than lugging bags up the stairs. Our room was excellent--spacious, clean, comfortable, and with everything in good working order. The bed was particularly comfortable (although for two people, it needed another pillow) and we had a good night's rest.

The hotel is close to a shopping mall, the highway, and lots of places to eat. We didn't use the pool, but it was out front and small but looked well maintained. They also offer free breakfast. We slept in and didn't get to take advantage of that, but it does make it an even better value for the money. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We chose this hotel for it's proximity to our event and the price. The room was clean, we heard very little noise, the bed and pillows were comfortable, the air conditioning worked great--we were very satisfied. It's not a 5 star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. They have a nice continental breakfast.

The only think we missed was wi-fi in our hotel room, although it was available in the lobby/breakfast area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

When I made the reservation I was certain to explain that we needed a King bed and a sofa sleeper for two children. They quoted $89 per night. Expensive for Hanford but perhaps worth it. First problem was when we checked in I asked about the sofa sleeper just to be sure. They said there was no sofa bed in the room and would I like a room with two queens. I said no I wanted what I had reserved, a king with a sofa sleeper for two. They then suggested the executive suite with a king in one room and a sofa in the other. I said that would be great and how much did that cost. They said $119 per night (with the AAA discount). So we bit the bullet and went up to our room. Unfortunately, the second problem was it wasn't a sofa sleeper for two, it was a single. So we still didn't have beds for four. So we called down to the desk and they offered to send up a roll-away, for an additional $6 per night. Now we were up to $126 per night or $70 more than I thought we were going to pay for our two-night stay. Oh well, what choice did we have?
The good news - the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Pillows were good. They need a hook in the bathroom. There should be a law that all hotel bathrooms come with a hook for hanging garments. The only alternatives are the floor or the toilet - ewww.
The breakfast was ok. Not great but not bad. Front desk staff was hard to find. Often they were away from the desk in a back office.
Two common complaints about Hanford - the train wakes you up all night and the water smells. I didn't experience either of these issues at the Sequoia. Room was relatively quiet and the water didn't smell.
If we ever have to return to Hanford we will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Train tracks are on the east side. Rooms on the west are quieter. Make sure you have enough beds for...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
SequoiaInnManager, General Manager at Sequoia Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sequoia Inn during your recent visit to Hanford!

I do apologize for the issues you were faced during your stay with us. Please note we do not have a King room with a sofa sleeper and the only rooms that do have sofa sleepers are the Suites. Since you had checked in the staff was getting to know the new product that was installed a week before your stay with us. However, it is unacceptable that you had to go through a difficult experience to accommodate you and your loved ones.

Please note I have spoke to the staff in regards to your review and coached them on the new product we have in our rooms so we do not repeat what you had experienced with us. Also, thank you for your recommendation on the hook in the bathrooms as we are looking into them and will have something in place soon.

Again, I do apologize for the troubles you were faced with and rest assured that all your feedback is valued and is appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and hope to see you again.

Have a wonderful day,

Leighanna Staley
Sequoia Inn Hotel Manager

Been to Sequoia Inn? Share your experiences!