“Back in Hanford” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Hanford
Wenatchee, Washington
“Back in Hanford”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We took another trip down to Los Angeles this year and stopped by to see my sister in Hanford again. We had stayed at The Sequoia Inn once before and loved it, so we did not hesitate to stay here again.

We arrived at about 7pm or 8pm and the hotel was packed. There were many people and kids out in the pool and just randomly walking around. I asked the girl at check-in about a room and she told me there was no vacancy. It was our fault for not calling ahead with a reservation, but we just never thought this place would have no rooms, being in such a small town. Anyway, she told me about a suite she had, but it was $20 extra. Seeing as how I really had no other choice, and how much we liked the hotel the time around, we went for it. As it turns out, they gave us a handicapped "corner" suite, which is right by the vending machines and ice box, which made the room a little smaller and awkwardly shaped. They gave it to us for the normal room rate though, so I was very pleased.

The very first thing I noticed was that the elevator looked pretty outdated. I had not used the elevator the last time since we had a first floor room. It smelled a little funny, and there were towels laying on the floor (I'm guessing some kid dropped it after being in the pool). When we got to our room, we noticed it must have been a room that was hardly ever rented out. There was a bit of dust throughout the entire room. The furniture was a little worn out, but it wasn't bad enough to really bother us. Despite the minimal amount of dust, the room was clean. The "living room" area has a mini fridge and TV (which did not work), and a small sink and table with chairs. The suite was indeed very awkwardly shaped, but all we really cared about was resting after a long drive. I was very surprised to have a nice peaceful and quiet night's sleep. I figured there would surely be tons of noise coming from everywhere, but we didn't hear a thing. Whether the people in the hotel magically became very quiet, or the walls are very thick, I don't know.. but I enjoyed it. The room's WiFi worked very well and we did not have any problems.

We'll probably stay here next time we're in town, but we would absolutely love to see management update the furniture in the rooms and maybe update the very old TVs as well. Bottom line is, there aren't very many choices in town so this hotel is probably going to be the best value overall in Hanford. They also accepts pets with absolutely no fees or deposits of any kind. I would definitely recommend this hotel to pet owners.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SequoiaInnManager, General Manager at Sequoia Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Thank you for choosing Sequoia Inn again for your trip back to Hanford. As I replied to your past review we have updated all the furniture and TVS since your past stays and thank you for continuous feedback as it is much appreciated!

I do apologize for the cleanliness issues you had faced during your stay, but note that our team has went through rigorous trainings and now have new management to ensure the upmost highest standards for our guests. Also, since we have been through refurbishment all appliances in the room are fully functioning and you will not face a problem with them.

Again, thank you for continuing to choose Sequoia Inn as your home away from home and recommending us.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reseda, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I've stayed here several times when I've come to Hanford for the dog shows. I found it clean, safe, friendly and there is a brand new mall across the street with shops and restaurants.
They even offer a cold breakfast (including hard boiled eggs). They are dog friendly, without an additional fee for the dog. I hope people that stay there for the shows will continue to clean up and keep the place clean so that we can all be welcome. This is a very nice place to stay and the Fairgrounds are just a few exits down the Freeway.

• Stayed February 2010
Thank you for choosing Sequoia Inn as you home away from home during your past visit to Hanford! We are delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us. We thank you and your furry friend for making Sequoia Inn your place to stay in Hanford and we will always we pet friendly as they are our guests too.

Please note that since your last stay with us Sequoia Inn has hit the “Re-set button” and we have been through a refurbishment in December 2011. So, when you stay with us again we will have flat screen TVS, new furniture, new beds, new linens, and much more.

Again, thank you for choosing Sequoia Inn as your home away from home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

stockton ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We have stayed at the Sequoia many times while visiting family. The service has always been exceptional! The rooms are nice, spacious , and very clean. The grounds are well kept. We have never experienced a problem with noise. This trip it was just the two of us (we usually travel with two teenagers) and the room was unbelievably large with a microwave and refrigerator. The beds are comfortable, not the plush foam type, but comfortable. It is very close to restaurants and shopping. I have stayed at far more expensive hotels and my accommodations have never been more enjoyable than this one. It is by far a great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for continuing to chose Sequoia Inn as you home away from home during your past visit to Hanford! We are pleased to know that you continue to have an outstanding stay with us. Our team strives to maintain high standards and without our guests we would be nothing, so thank you for making Sequoia Inn your place to stay in Hanford.

Please note that Sequoia Inn has hit the “Re-set button” and we have been through a refurbishment in December 2011. So, when you stay with us again we will have flat screen TVS, new furniture, new beds, new linens, and much more.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Salinas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband is in a wheelchair due to limited mobility. We requested a wheelchair-accessible room and found it to be just what we needed. Spacious bathroom and equiped for him to utilize and shower with safety in mind. The rooms are very clean, the staff is great, there are various food chains nearby, the mall is across the street and you're close to the freeway. Parking was not an issue and we plan a return trip during the 4th of July weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sequoia Inn during your past visit to Hanford! We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay. Our team strives to maintain high standards and without our guests we would be nothing, so thank you for making Sequoia Inn your place to stay in Hanford.

Santa Cruz, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I've stayed at Sequoia Inn a few times while visiting family in Hanford. It is one of the relatively newer motels in town, located across from the mall and Wal-Mart. It is about the equivalent to a Motel 6 - relatively clean, air conditioning, TV, shampoo/conditioner, and a complimentary breakfast. The furnishings are faux-colonial style that are starting to get pretty ratty looking. The chair in my room had fabric that was thread-bare and filthy. The breakfast consists of some whole fruits, cold cereal, juice, bad coffee, and pre-packaged danish pastries.

During my last stay there were also a couple high school wrestling teams staying at the motel who were a times a bit noisy running up and down the halls.

If this hotel were anywhere but Hanford, I probably would never recommend it. We used to stay at the Irwin Street Inn, but that place has gotten pretty run down.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sequoia Inn during your past visit to Hanford! I do apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay with the wrestling team and the poor quality you were faced with throughout the property during your past stay with us.

However, Sequoia Inn has hit the “Re-set button” and we have been through a refurbishment in December 2011. So, when you stay with us again you will no longer be faced with the “Motel 6” feel and the colonial furniture that has been in the room for years. We now have flat screen TVS, new furniture, new beds, new linens, and updated breakfast that we continue to improve daily.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you stay with us again to experience our newly refurbished rooms.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed here on Sunday night for a work appointment on Monday morning and got a discounted state government rate. It is right off the freeway and very close to Walmart, Target, Starbucks (with drive thru), McDonalds, and other stores/restaurants, so it was very convenient. I found a parking space right in front near the door, so I felt my car was safe(r).

Check in was quick and the gal was pleasant. I had a room with 1 king bed on the first floor. A microwave and a fridge were included, and both worked fine. The furnishings looked clean, but were definitely not new or modern. The bed was comfortable. The TV was old style 32" and had good reception and many channels, including HBO. Because my room was on the 1st floor and looked out onto a fence and did not have any privacy shades, I had to keep my shades closed the entire time just in case any person or worker was outside my window.

The water from the tap looked cloudy, so I was afraid to drink it.

Breakfast included cold hard boiled eggs, the usual juices/milk/coffee beverages, cereals, breads, bagels, and I thought it was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sequoia Inn during your past visit to Hanford! We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay here at Sequoia Inn.

Please note that Sequoia Inn has hit the “Re-set button” and we have been through a refurbishment in December 2011. So, when you stay with us again you will no longer be faced with the old style TV or feel like you had stepped back into time with the old furniture that was in the rooms. We now have flat screen TVS, new furniture, new beds, new linens, new drapes to give the privacy you could not have in the past, and much more.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon to experience our newly refurbished rooms.

Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed here while visiting family recently and found it to be very nice. They accept pets WITHOUT a pet fee. Basically, if you have a well behaved dog that wont pee everywhere and tear up the place, you don't pay extra. I love that idea.

Anyway, it's off the highway and looks newer. It's very close the the Mall where you can find plenty of restaurants and a wal-mart. We called a few minuted earlier for directions and the girl working the counter was very nice. She was also very nice when I checked in. The lobby looks fancy with a nice fireplace. This hotel reminds me of a nice fancy hotel, except about a couple hundred bucks cheaper. Check in was fast and we got a room on the first floor. The room was big, and had 2 rocker chairs in them. The bed was big and very comfortable. We usually never sleep under the covers but this room was so clean we decided to do so. The bathroom was big as well, with great water pressure. They give you tons of towels and they have a hairdryer (maybe an iron too, don't remember). They have lots of cable channels including a couple of HBO's. Overall, it was a great place to stay with our dog and the price was extremely reasonable. I think I paid maybe.. $70. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

P.S. For those that have never been to Hanford, CA.. their water is a little weird. It kind of smells like sulfur and it's feels "greasy". That's the best way I can describe it. When taking a shower or washing your hands, it feels like you can never really get the soap off. This is a city-wide problem since my sister lives here and the same thing happens at her house. You get used to it though, so no worries.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Sequoia Inn as you home away from home during your past visit to Hanford! We are delighted to know that you enjoy the staff and our team strives to keep every aspect of the property spotless, so we are glad to know that you find the hotel to be clean. We thank you for making Sequoia Inn your place to stay in Hanford.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sequoia Inn Hotel Manager

Been to Sequoia Inn? Share your experiences!