“Really nice place now that everything is upgraded” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Hanford
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   918 E Lacey Blvd, Hanford, CA 93230   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Hanford
Los Angeles, California
“Really nice place now that everything is upgraded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

From the bad reviews we expected the Super 8 to be grotty, but were thrilled to find it squeaky clean and new. Stayed 4 nights. Everything worked except the big ice machine, and the staff brought in ice and put it in a cooler in the lobby for everyone. Bed was comfy, room was the same. Staff was VERY friendly and responsive. I have got to believe that all of the lousy reviews are before renovation, or are falsely posted by competing motels. We plan to stay here again in April 2011 when we visit Hanford.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tujunga, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We had a very pleasant stay here. I reserved a queen bed in advance but when we arrived I found we were scheduled to be on the second floor. When I requested the ground floor I got a King bed with no extra charge. The ice machine was broken but plenty of ice was provided at the front desk. Included breakfast was cereal, milk, bread, waffles, Orange juice drink, coffee, tea, sweet rolls and muffins. The staff was very friendly and recommended a wonderful restaurant. The AC worked well and provided a nice white noise which kept us from hearing any other guests. Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Milano
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

This Super 8 could seem regular from the outside. But as you look closer you'll find vomit stink on the stairs, where a black bug was resting in peace... bulky furniture (plastic still on the mattress), noisy air conditioning, no isolation from noise... An experience i wouldn't recommend my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I chose this hotel because I wanted to save a bit of money but I have learned my lesson. I do realize that you get what you pay for so I was not expecting much from this hotel stay but it was not even worth the $55/night. When I entered the lobby I was greeted not by a person but by an unpleasant stench of what was probably the smell of curry/indian food. I waited in the hot lobby with no a/c for about 6 minutes ringing the bell for someone to come. After convincing the lady who arrived that I had a reservation already, she asked for my card and charged me for the stay in advance. Because I'm usually not charged until after the stay I asked her if my card was charged or if it was being held, and i don't know if she didn't understand my question or I didn't understand her answer but either way she told me to come back later when her son was home so he could explain to me in english. At that point I left. I opened the room door and it smelled horrible! I had to leave the door open for about an hour at which point I left to go to the store and I bought febreeze. The carpet was filthy, the bedspread did not look clean, there was only 2 pillows on a king size bed that were flat, there was no internet, there was no remote, the toilet was old and looked so bad I couldn't bring myself to sit on, there was outlet box with exposed wires in the bathroom, and stuff was written on the back of the bathroom door. The next morning, although there was a do not disturb sign on the door, the same lady who checked me in knocked on the door, and as my bf yelled no thanks we don't need housekeeping she continued to knock. So, although we were in the middle of a "do not disturb" he got out of bed answered the door and had to convince her that we did not check out until the next day. How rude? So in conclusion do not stay here, spend a little more money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the night before going to the World Ag Expo in Tulare. The room was clean with very modest decor. We had a king sized bed which was very comfy. The free wireless was supposedly down expcept for in the lobby, but I thought I would try it from my room anyway. Although I lost the signal a couple times, I was able to connect to the wireless on my computer from my room. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but we did not use either. Everything else (heat, plumbing, tv, lights) were working fine. The free breakfast was VERY basic. Two kinds of cereal and a few package muffins was all. I'd say a little over priced for the what we got, but at least everything was clean and functional for the most part. What impressed me most was that the hotel appeared to be run by a very hard working husband and wife. They were there late at night when we checked in and the wife was at the desk at 6am when we were there for breakfast. Later when I checked out, the husband was at the desk and the wife was cleaning rooms. I was totally impressed with their work ethic.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Upon check in all everything went wrong. Clerk didn't speak english. Upon checking into our rooms. No heat worked. Found dead bugs and cobwebs all over the room. Then as I go to wash my face no hot water could it get any worse. We were staying for 2 nights and upon our return from the day our rooms we not service completely. Trash still in rooms and beds not made up. Breakfast was not stocked through out the time, no Juice available. I stay at Super 8 for the service and breakfast which this one didn't have.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I travel for business quite often and stay in many different quality places. Usually, they are all clean and organized, bug free, odorless. I was shocked to walk into my room and find about a dozen flys buzzing around. It was absolutley disgusting!! My bedding seemed okay, but just the look of the shody construction job on the room makes me wonder. One thing that really pushed me over the ege and prompted me to write this review is that there was no chain lock on the door. They only had the deadbolt lock. The rooms are accessed from the outside and my door was steps away from the parking lot. As a woman traveling alone, I did not feel safe and am stunned that a motel wouldn't have dual locks on the door! In addition, I'm pretty sure the scent of the room was urine, but I tried to block that out. You think the Super 8 franchise would have some standards, but I guess that is not the case. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Hanford? Share your experiences!