“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Tujunga, CA
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We had a very pleasant stay here. I reserved a queen bed in advance but when we arrived I found we were scheduled to be on the second floor. When I requested the ground floor I got a King bed with no extra charge. The ice machine was broken but plenty of ice was provided at the front desk. Included breakfast was cereal, milk, bread, waffles, Orange juice drink, coffee, tea, sweet rolls and muffins. The staff was very friendly and recommended a wonderful restaurant. The AC worked well and provided a nice white noise which kept us from hearing any other guests. Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milano
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

This Super 8 could seem regular from the outside. But as you look closer you'll find vomit stink on the stairs, where a black bug was resting in peace... bulky furniture (plastic still on the mattress), noisy air conditioning, no isolation from noise... An experience i wouldn't recommend my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hanford hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I chose this hotel because I wanted to save a bit of money but I have learned my lesson. I do realize that you get what you pay for so I was not expecting much from this hotel stay but it was not even worth the $55/night. When I entered the lobby I was greeted not by a person but by an unpleasant stench of what was probably the smell of curry/indian food. I waited in the hot lobby with no a/c for about 6 minutes ringing the bell for someone to come. After convincing the lady who arrived that I had a reservation already, she asked for my card and charged me for the stay in advance. Because I'm usually not charged until after the stay I asked her if my card was charged or if it was being held, and i don't know if she didn't understand my question or I didn't understand her answer but either way she told me to come back later when her son was home so he could explain to me in english. At that point I left. I opened the room door and it smelled horrible! I had to leave the door open for about an hour at which point I left to go to the store and I bought febreeze. The carpet was filthy, the bedspread did not look clean, there was only 2 pillows on a king size bed that were flat, there was no internet, there was no remote, the toilet was old and looked so bad I couldn't bring myself to sit on, there was outlet box with exposed wires in the bathroom, and stuff was written on the back of the bathroom door. The next morning, although there was a do not disturb sign on the door, the same lady who checked me in knocked on the door, and as my bf yelled no thanks we don't need housekeeping she continued to knock. So, although we were in the middle of a "do not disturb" he got out of bed answered the door and had to convince her that we did not check out until the next day. How rude? So in conclusion do not stay here, spend a little more money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the night before going to the World Ag Expo in Tulare. The room was clean with very modest decor. We had a king sized bed which was very comfy. The free wireless was supposedly down expcept for in the lobby, but I thought I would try it from my room anyway. Although I lost the signal a couple times, I was able to connect to the wireless on my computer from my room. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but we did not use either. Everything else (heat, plumbing, tv, lights) were working fine. The free breakfast was VERY basic. Two kinds of cereal and a few package muffins was all. I'd say a little over priced for the what we got, but at least everything was clean and functional for the most part. What impressed me most was that the hotel appeared to be run by a very hard working husband and wife. They were there late at night when we checked in and the wife was at the desk at 6am when we were there for breakfast. Later when I checked out, the husband was at the desk and the wife was cleaning rooms. I was totally impressed with their work ethic.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Upon check in all everything went wrong. Clerk didn't speak english. Upon checking into our rooms. No heat worked. Found dead bugs and cobwebs all over the room. Then as I go to wash my face no hot water could it get any worse. We were staying for 2 nights and upon our return from the day our rooms we not service completely. Trash still in rooms and beds not made up. Breakfast was not stocked through out the time, no Juice available. I stay at Super 8 for the service and breakfast which this one didn't have.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I travel for business quite often and stay in many different quality places. Usually, they are all clean and organized, bug free, odorless. I was shocked to walk into my room and find about a dozen flys buzzing around. It was absolutley disgusting!! My bedding seemed okay, but just the look of the shody construction job on the room makes me wonder. One thing that really pushed me over the ege and prompted me to write this review is that there was no chain lock on the door. They only had the deadbolt lock. The rooms are accessed from the outside and my door was steps away from the parking lot. As a woman traveling alone, I did not feel safe and am stunned that a motel wouldn't have dual locks on the door! In addition, I'm pretty sure the scent of the room was urine, but I tried to block that out. You think the Super 8 franchise would have some standards, but I guess that is not the case. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Trying to learn about or get reservations for this Super 8 on line was super annoying. Apparently the new owners bought up a crumbling flea-bag and then became Super 8 franchisees -- but they haven't updated websites accordingly. They've hung a temporary Super 8 banner up on the front of the building, so it looks like the change came fairly recently. When you google it, the arrow for some reason is about a half block too far east. Anyway, I found out that this place DOES exist and it's not a bad value. I was on vacation and wanted a pool after a long day of driving. I like Western States off 11th (see my other review) but it doesn't have a pool. My other reason for wanting a S8 was to the the Wyndam Rewards. This place was charging the exact same price, $65, as Western States on the night I was there...a little steep for Hanford, but not bad considering it's the height of tourist season.

I liked the spacious, clean lobby with a computer for quests to use. I didn't touch the joke of a "continental breakfast" in the morning, but the coffee wasn't bad at all. The parking lot at this motel is oddly large, as if it was originally built to cater to truckers or something. The swimming pool was also unusually large, much to our delight - both the deck around it and the pool itself. This place has seen better days, so I was pleasantly surprised to find a clean pool with clean water, and almost brand new deck furniture.

Unfortunately, this place is typical of older re-habs that join a chain: they focus too much on cosmetic fixes and not enough on the basics. It looked as if all the stucco on the exterior has been re-done or freshly painted; at the same time, the bathroom was worn, chipped, and just old-looking; the room was fairly clean, but did NOT pass the smell test unfortunately. The beds seemed clean & comfortable. No problem w/ TV. Fridge & micro were included.

In summary, they have a few problems to sort through, but I think it's worth giving them a chance -- especially if you want to swim in a wonderful pool during your stay!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Comfort Inn Hanford
Travelodge Lemoore
Travelodge Lemoore
#5 of 6 in Lemoore
3.0 of 5 stars 116 reviews

Been to Super 8 Hanford? Share your experiences!