“Not a clean hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Not a clean hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in Hanford to visit my grandmother who resides in a nursing home. I stayed at the Comfort Inn about a year ago and felt it was satisfactory at that time. Unfortunately, the cleanliness of the room, the upkeep of the foyer and entrance have deteriorated. The staff akso seemed tired and overworked. For example, there was a strong urine smell on one of the blankets in the room and in the ice bucket. Probably someone had an accident. When my wife brought this to the attention of the staff they seemed in disbelief until I had them smell the blanket at which time they reduced our bill by 50%. This may have been an isolated incident, but the fact that the room shower controller was broken, the ice machine was broken, etc. This, of course, is Hanford which is not a destination location, but, still, the cleanliness of this hotel was below what in my view is acceptable. I may need to stay in Visalia the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Calif.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for 2nights in June to attend a graduation, and had no complaints about the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel. The breakfast was more than enough to satisfy and the staff was extremely helpful. My one warning would be to those that travel in a wheelchair. They only have one wheelchair accessable shower in one room and the parking is not easy for persons using a wheelchair. Other than that, everything was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stay here when visiting a relative in Hanford. We like the hotel, and the staff are always friendly and try hard to please. However, on Tuesday morning, the food delivery had not arrived and breakfast selections were meager. We had breakfast at a local restaurant on Wednesday morning, before departing for the L.A. area, so I can't comment. I rather enjoy the train whistles when locomotives approach nearby level crossings. But the horn soundings early in the morning never fail to awaken me. This was no exception. I had wanted to use reward points for this visit, but could not do so (I still do not understand why). Yet, I will stay here again on our next visit to Hanford, and I would recommend the hotel to other visitors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A great location in downtown Hanford. The hotel is right dowtown just a few blocks from the Amtrak station. There are several historic building, green grass and a Carousel in Hanford. There are lots of little shops and resturants and a little fast food district. The hotel was pleasant and the breakfast was great. Wish we had more time to explore Hanford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel twice over 7 days on a trip to and from Yosemite. Both times, very cordial staff welcomed us (fresh cookies on the counter) and we got into our room immediately. The bed was excellent and the pillows very comfortable (we saw several people buying pillows on check-out). Hot breakfast in the morning in the room off the lobby. Hot scrambled eggs and bacon, toast, hot cereals, waffles and juice and coffee. Nothing elegant but very clean. Walking around Hanford is to step into California of the 1920's and 1930's. We're sorry we didn't have more time to spend there. We'll return just to see Hanford and its remarkable collection of historical buildings that still look brand new. Hotel has free parking. Just two blocks from the Amtrak station.

Room Tip: Rooms in front face historic buildings but in back it's quieter and these room face an old milli...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shasta Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I were on a business trip and stayed the night at the Comfort Inn. What a nice place. Everything was clean and fresh looking. The room was very nice and the bed was wonderful. However half the second floor is smoking! If you don't smoke stay off that floor! I woke up to smoke coming under the door gap so I put the bedspread on floor to seal the gap. I would stay here again but not on the second floor. For a romantic dinner try Fugazzis down the street.

Room Tip: Non smokers stay on first floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn twice and have found it to be very comfortable, in a very nice city location. The problem to be aware of is when you check in they say a $10 fee will be added for use of the room safe. Even with us saying we would not use the safe, they said to mention it when we checked out and the $10 will not be added. Only on the last visit did we mentioned it and the $10 was not charged, just be sure you are not charged!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!