“A short pleasant walk to the Amtrak Station” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Daphne, Alabama
“A short pleasant walk to the Amtrak Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A great location in downtown Hanford. The hotel is right dowtown just a few blocks from the Amtrak station. There are several historic building, green grass and a Carousel in Hanford. There are lots of little shops and resturants and a little fast food district. The hotel was pleasant and the breakfast was great. Wish we had more time to explore Hanford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel twice over 7 days on a trip to and from Yosemite. Both times, very cordial staff welcomed us (fresh cookies on the counter) and we got into our room immediately. The bed was excellent and the pillows very comfortable (we saw several people buying pillows on check-out). Hot breakfast in the morning in the room off the lobby. Hot scrambled eggs and bacon, toast, hot cereals, waffles and juice and coffee. Nothing elegant but very clean. Walking around Hanford is to step into California of the 1920's and 1930's. We're sorry we didn't have more time to spend there. We'll return just to see Hanford and its remarkable collection of historical buildings that still look brand new. Hotel has free parking. Just two blocks from the Amtrak station.

Room Tip: Rooms in front face historic buildings but in back it's quieter and these room face an old milli...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shasta Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I were on a business trip and stayed the night at the Comfort Inn. What a nice place. Everything was clean and fresh looking. The room was very nice and the bed was wonderful. However half the second floor is smoking! If you don't smoke stay off that floor! I woke up to smoke coming under the door gap so I put the bedspread on floor to seal the gap. I would stay here again but not on the second floor. For a romantic dinner try Fugazzis down the street.

Room Tip: Non smokers stay on first floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn twice and have found it to be very comfortable, in a very nice city location. The problem to be aware of is when you check in they say a $10 fee will be added for use of the room safe. Even with us saying we would not use the safe, they said to mention it when we checked out and the $10 will not be added. Only on the last visit did we mentioned it and the $10 was not charged, just be sure you are not charged!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveling from Northern California to LA and wanted to stop and break the trip up. What a wonderful find. Clean room, great location. Kids enjoyed the pool. Continental breakfast in the morning was sufficient for entire family and even had outside seating. It's off the beaten track but well worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Three Rivers, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Okay - it's a Comfort Inn so you are getting the basics. But the staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. Also the bed and pillows were really comfy! We got a terrific nights sleep prior to a 6 am train trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonora, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent one night last week for a business meeting in Hanford. I didn't have a car as I like to travel green and took Amtrak (it was an easy walk from the train). The young woman who greeted me in the early evening when I checked in was very friendly and professional answering my queries about where to eat. The next morning I had a hard time reaching a taxi service by phone to take me to my meeting and the Manager at the front desk not only gave me a delicious bag of local grapes, she asked the groundskeeper to drive me to my meeting, which he very graciously did, in his personal car!!! As I waited to leave for my meeting I noted that the Manager (sorry I cannot remember her name) greeted each person who walked through the door with a smile and a good morning as they passed by to attend a meeting at the Inn. As she checked out, a woman turned to me and said
"The people here are always nice".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!