“A clean place to stay before an early train departure” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Hanford
Three Rivers, California
“A clean place to stay before an early train departure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Okay - it's a Comfort Inn so you are getting the basics. But the staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. Also the bed and pillows were really comfy! We got a terrific nights sleep prior to a 6 am train trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sonora, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent one night last week for a business meeting in Hanford. I didn't have a car as I like to travel green and took Amtrak (it was an easy walk from the train). The young woman who greeted me in the early evening when I checked in was very friendly and professional answering my queries about where to eat. The next morning I had a hard time reaching a taxi service by phone to take me to my meeting and the Manager at the front desk not only gave me a delicious bag of local grapes, she asked the groundskeeper to drive me to my meeting, which he very graciously did, in his personal car!!! As I waited to leave for my meeting I noted that the Manager (sorry I cannot remember her name) greeted each person who walked through the door with a smile and a good morning as they passed by to attend a meeting at the Inn. As she checked out, a woman turned to me and said
"The people here are always nice".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kyle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just came upon this motel driving away from Sequoia NP heading to San Francisco. Very friendly front desk young lady. She set us up with nice room and recomended a place for dinner which was great. Breakfast was very nice. Restful night and on our way refreshed.

Room Tip: RR on the back side but we never heard it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stopped over for one night to allow us to explore the restored downtown. Hanford has invested a lot in preserving its historic downtown and the buildings and streets give a sense of a past time - including diners and restaurants and some beautiful public buildings. We walked around one afternoon and evening and did not feel we needed any longer.
Comfort Inn was compfortable with a small pool and hot tub and parge comfortable rooms. Not the cheapest option but not too expensive. We thought good value given the good continental breakfast provided.

Room Tip: We were told a gym was available but spent too much time in the hot tub!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Morrow, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was born in Hanford and did not expect a 4-star hotel in this dairyland from my memories. We returned for my grandmothers funeral, The comfort Inn supplied a meeting room with refreshments for our grieving family. I was very touched by the respect and care they extended while still caring for the military families that were coming and going as well. The family enjoyed our stay and since my grandmother's maiden name was "Comfort". Where else would we go??? I read another review and Agree "The Superior Dairy" is a wonderful trip to the 1960's, just like when I rode my Trike there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and the view down main st (Irwin) was a delight.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Aptos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Never having visited Hanford before we were very pleased with the lovely room we were assigned. Very well maintained and updated. The staff at sign in were very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions. After a room next door got roudy for several hours one phone call to the front desk and the noise was immediately stopped. Very nice breakfast included in price. Eggs, bacon, waffles, juices, the list goes on.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lemoore, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is the one I put my parents up in when they come out to visit. It is at the end of historic downtown Hanford, a beautiful place in and of itself. The staff is always friendly and courteous. The rooms are spectacular and clean. The best part about this hotel is the breakfast! They serve a really good hot breakfast, I mean a breakfast you could actually get up from the table and say, "I just ate me some breakfast" breakfast. The pool is sort of small but adequate enough and they have added a fitness room and a conference room if the need arises. I would recommend this to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!